View Full Version : Ironhead Just got my first Iron Head!

18th October 2009, 12:44
I want to introduce myself. Just got a '77 electric start last night. It is in very clean, unrestored condition with original paint etc. It has a new 41mm front end,rebuilt tranny,many new gaskets and runs very strong. No cracks in the cases. Took her for a spin and there are no shimmies,shakes. She runs real good.

This guy did not want it anymore and I ended up trading him my old Buell Cyclone for it. It also came with the following, a COMPLETE set of cases complete with flywheels,pistons,connecting rods, a clean set of jugs,a clean set of heads complete with valves,springs etc, the original complete front end, another set of fork tubes with the sliders,3 extra clean wheels,the original front caliper,two seats,sissy bar and quite a few other things I am probably forgetting.

I have been lurking around this forum for the last week or so while this deal was just beginning and I am pumped that there is such a resource for these great bikes.

I have been around bikes since I was a kid and I think this one might just be number 17 and my first Sportster. I have had everything from vintage Kawi two strokes to Ducatis,Triumphs and now this sweet old girl.

I will be posting pics later on.............

Bob F
18th October 2009, 12:50
I see it's your first post. Hello from Pittsburgh and welcome to the XLForum.

I'll be watching for the photos.

18th October 2009, 13:10
Hey Joe, Welcome! to the XLForum IronHead forum. Nice find.

18th October 2009, 13:16
Hi Joe, welcome aboard from England!!

18th October 2009, 13:43
Welcome from Texas.

18th October 2009, 13:51
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln. Nice find, you got a lot of parts too, excellent.

18th October 2009, 15:43
Welcome to the forum from Michigan...Make sure you powt some pictures in the near future.

18th October 2009, 16:01
welcome to the forum from Plymouth Ma.......

Americas home town, ya know

18th October 2009, 16:10
welcome from the Motorcity. sounds like a real nice score, we need pics.

Moon Wolf
18th October 2009, 16:22
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. Where do you hail from?

18th October 2009, 19:42
Guys, thanks for the comments. I will be posting pics in a new thread.

Moonwolf, I am from Albany, NY

18th October 2009, 19:48
welcome and congrats, hope it does you proud.