PDA

View Full Version : Lifter question.

LosMuertos
24th October 2009, 00:17
Anyone have a good arms/ chest workout?

I have a quite a bit of natural strength and just recently started to hit the gym to try and get some size. I understand diet is a big part of it but I would apprecaite any help on what to do with sets and reps. thanks.

sgvrider
31st October 2009, 12:43
check this site out:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/

jfs92579
6th November 2009, 04:59
Compound exercises, a good start plan is 5x5.

Michel1977
3rd May 2010, 17:52
The best plan is to constantly change your plan. I'll only do the same routine two times in a row at the gym. I work splits, so I have a chest day, arm day, shoulder day, back day, leg day. I'll do the same routine per muscle group only twice in a row, then change it the next time around. Even if it means just doing the routine in reverse order.

Diet is key without a doubt, so is constantly shocking your muscles. I managed to put on just under 2" on my arms in about 9 months through a good diet, constant change of routine and a huge variety of exercises. I'd say I have at least 10 exercises per muscle group to choose from each day, and I choose 3-4 of them depending on what my workout will be that day.

LosMuertos
7th May 2010, 17:24
Yes, after posting this I fell into a pretty good routine. I am struggling with diet however. I am trying to shed some lbs at the same time, I limited carbs and and eliminated sugars and lost 30 lbs pretty quick, but also lost strength and energy. I need to find an in between, any suggestions?

Michel1977
7th May 2010, 20:24
Yes, after posting this I fell into a pretty good routine. I am struggling with diet however. I am trying to shed some lbs at the same time, I limited carbs and and eliminated sugars and lost 30 lbs pretty quick, but also lost strength and energy. I need to find an in between, any suggestions?

Here's the extreme, tuna and water diet. Lost 8lbs in 3 days, then got back to heavy training and a regular diet myself.

http://www.davedraper.com/article19-high-protein.html

Otherwise I'd say stick to complex carbs and leave out simple carbs. Do you know what your daily calorie intake is?

One of my best tricks to shedding pounds, but still eating what I want was to follow a no carbs after 4pm rule. Up until then I could eat what I wanted to within the limitations of how much. So I was able to keep my energy and strength, just didn't feed my body things it couldn't break down later in the day due to a slowing metabolism.

A lot of people don't realize this, but you should eat your salad last at a meal. Restaurants got us all in bad habits since it's a quick and easy thing to get in front of a customer, but it takes a lot for your body to break down the greens and vegetables, so if you eat your salad first, a lot of times your body will shut down mid meal due to being tired. Eat your salad last and it will go into overtime to break your dinner and then salad down.

Or, Try Lipo 6x, it's a fat burner and a damn good one.

There's a few ideas, you can obviously combine them one way or another as well. :)