PDA

View Full Version : just a question

icebob
3rd June 2007, 01:34
when you remove the rear wheel, and put it back does it harm to just open the caliper with a screwdriver to get the disk to fit in or you have to crack the bleeder nut before doing it?

pres41
3rd June 2007, 01:46
:tour Bob no harm done, I do it all the time just use a big one and go easy, sure makes it nicer to put the wheel in place.

icebob
3rd June 2007, 01:51
the reason i asked is that i just did it(to install a chromed pulley insert) and when i put the wheel back in no more brake on the back. i tried everything and the only fix was to replace the rear master cilinder assy

pres41
3rd June 2007, 02:19
:tour Nay, just slowly pump the brake and they will come back it takes some time for the fluid to get there.

Pump it a couple of times and wait 5 or 10 mins and do it again

I just did the same as you about 2 weeks ago, in fact that was the 3rd time I've had the wheel off
just had to take my time and pump them up, the MC does not move much fluid per pump.

icebob
3rd June 2007, 02:33
the prob was that the mc didn't move any oil at all we tried for 2 night in a row to bleed the son of a gun and gave up went to hd buy a new mc and took an 1/2 hour to get the thing to work

xllent01
3rd June 2007, 02:43
Rotor will slide right back in caliper if you don't touch the brake pedal, never been an issue.

EezyE
3rd June 2007, 21:45
[QUOTE=xllent01;760192]Rotor will slide right back in caliper if you don't touch the brake pedal, never been an issue.[/QUOTE

What he said. Never been an issue with me either.

www.motorcyclematrix.com