PDA

View Full Version : Samson exhaust anyone???

Luckymic
8th December 2004, 01:20
I'm seriously considering buying a set of Samson Big Gun 2 1/4 "Shorties". I've done a few searches on the old board and saw a few guys that are running them. My question is how bad did they blue and did you get the heat sheilds. I love the way they look, but I cant find a pic with the heat sheilds anywhere. I like the Big Gun II cannons (especially cuz they have built in heat shields), but I love the shorty look. Let's see some pic's if your running any pipe by Samson :clap :clap :clap

BTW: I have an 03, but pic's of 04-05 are still cool :D

hallj_p
8th December 2004, 05:26
I have a set of Samson Big Guns (staggered) on my '02 1200C. Couldn't ask for better performance. They are well worth the investment. They sound awesome and add a few horsepower (according to the mechanic that does the owrk on my bike). They are GREAT!!!!

Luckymic
9th December 2004, 18:27
Anyone else out there with Samson pipes?

skooter
9th December 2004, 21:49
Yup I don't have them but know those that do and thye love em. The mechanics I talk to don't have anything bad to say that I've heard either.

P-Diddly
9th December 2004, 23:19
I put on a set of Big Guns II Cannons on my 04 1200c. I'm running with no baffles. Loud and Proud!. Sounds like a Big Block.

The Cannons are the style where the pipes terminate together a little past the rear pulley.

I'll probably get some thunder blaster baffles before I get pulled over.

engine
9th December 2004, 23:52
I wish they made a set with shorter pipes, like the Short Shots that end around where the swingarrm pivot is or a little aft.

wumm883c
10th December 2004, 00:23
I have the shorties just like what your looking 4 ,i have an 883C and i love them,i also tossed in some thunder monsters to make up some of the low end loss .No blueing so far and the cagers sure know your around :yikes , they are so loud and im so proud :smoke .the thunder monsters sure give it a distinct sound.
I did get the heat shields they are very small and cover where you need them to, and looks are great (imo) i've have'd lots of compliments on sound and looks.

my 2 cents go 4 it!

Springer
10th December 2004, 22:05
Love mine, sound bigger and badder than most of my friends fatboys, and dyna's

zman69
10th December 2004, 22:17
My brother had a sampson 2 into 1 on his 883r and it sounded awesome and preformed great!

Springer
10th December 2004, 22:23
http://thumb0.webshots.com/t/14/14/9/69/40/220996940upYlHt_th.jpg

Nevar
12th December 2004, 18:01
I have the Samson Big-Guns II, long style slashers on my 04 1200 custom.
The fit was perfect. Like others I have heard Bad things about "all" the samson products. Yet I also know guys that love them. The sound of the long pipes on a 1200 is great. I added my own home made Lolly-Pops. Now am screwing with the carb settings. Mine was re-jetted at the dealer when they Thru in the SEIIs "slip fits" I chopped up the baffels a bit and had to go out to 3 1/4 turns to get it to run right.
I'm now back in to 2 3/4. As the longer pipes give a bit more back Pressure.
The plugs were on the dark side. Going to change the plugs so I can get a better reading.

ESCOBAR
12th December 2004, 23:37
yuppers!!!!!!! just glance over at my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wonderlan ESCOBAR :wonderlan

Maluku
18th December 2004, 15:18
I have the shorties just like what your looking 4 ,i have an 883C and i love them,i also tossed in some thunder monsters to make up some of the low end loss .No blueing so far and the cagers sure know your around :yikes , they are so loud and im so proud :smoke .the thunder monsters sure give it a distinct sound.
I did get the heat shields they are very small and cover where you need them to, and looks are great (imo) i've have'd lots of compliments on sound and looks.

my 2 cents go 4 it!

hmm
if ya dont mind me asking
what kind of distinctiveness did the thunderheaders add?

engine
21st December 2004, 03:50
I have the shorties just like what your looking 4...

are they Samson? what part number? Pic if possible?

wumm883c
21st December 2004, 11:36
Did you mean thundermonsters?if so i get this crazy crowel when i let of on the gas or when changing gears ,it was the best $80.00 and mod that i've done so far.If you go this route make sure you DONT use the torque cones that samson includes in the package ,and there not the big guns 2 there a full 2 1/4" open pipe and get rid off a lot of air ,but i did lose a lot of low end till i put in the TM then bam all came back and some big top end gains,its like having a huge power band and ASS sound i love the combo,but thats just me.GOOD LUCK WUMMS.
XL2-160 (2")
"Shortie"
Fits 2004 Sportster
Price = $359.95

renegade1
21st December 2004, 16:08
I have 2 1/4" Big guns with the Thunder monsters also, sounds very good.[IMG] :smoke

Luckymic
22nd December 2004, 03:41
I payed $247 for mine on www.discountcycleparts.com