PDA

View Full Version : 250 rear tire on a '04 1200c

dtremaine
25th June 2007, 17:19
I'd love to put a 250 on my sporty. Can anyone tell me(in a nutshell) what basic parts/supplies and rough cost I'd be looking at?? Thanks, Dave

wade1171
25th June 2007, 17:44
I don't know if anyone makes a kit for a 250 for the sportster. Check out the website for tejas thump cycles they have a kit for a 240. I don't have enought posts yet to put links in here yet.

Moved On / My Own Choice
25th June 2007, 18:12
NOW HEAR THIS - a 250 tire WILL NOT MAKE YOU COOLER, FASTER or get you laid (at least not by the type of chick you'd want to get)... ;)

sprtrjl
25th June 2007, 18:30
You might want to contact the guys at Ledsled Customs in Dayton Ohio.

http://www.ledsledcustoms.com/

bwheeler111
25th June 2007, 18:34
NOW HEAR THIS - a 250 tire WILL NOT MAKE YOU COOLER, FASTER or get you laid (at least not by the type of chick you'd want to get)... ;)

Neither will pissing on the guys idea. Just because you do not like it, does not make it uncool. At least to the guy looking to do it to HIS motorcycle. It will make him happy.

plevine1
25th June 2007, 18:40
Neither will pissing on the guys idea. Just because you do not like it, does not make it uncool. At least to the guy looking to do it to HIS motorcycle. It will make him happy.

Well said. If it wasnt for the cost of the 250 conversion I would consider doing it. For no other reason then "I like the look". I let my amazing good looks and rock hard body get me laid. That or a six pack.

Moved On / My Own Choice
25th June 2007, 19:00

I wasn't trying to be cool or to piss on his idea. I figured instead of having yet another discussion on how a fat tire negatively affects handling on a bike I could simply make a light-hearted comment which might get him to think about the affects it will have. :p

If he's cool with that, have fun. ;)

K

tracyanders
25th June 2007, 20:17
uh huhhh...yeah yeah...blah blah....look at mine...i have pics here...its fine in handling....and it has got me laid...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved On / My Own Choice
25th June 2007, 20:29
....look at mine...i have pics here...its fine in handling....and it has got me laid...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

tracyanders
25th June 2007, 20:49
whats so funny?....and why the hell are you so negative to everyone elses posts?

Clarinetcat
25th June 2007, 20:59
I searched "250 tire" and these came uo:

new ironhead with 250 rear tire (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=64064&highlight=250+tire)

250 Tire Weld On for Evo Sportsters (http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=37734&highlight=250+tire)

Hope that helps.

Moved On / My Own Choice
25th June 2007, 21:19
whats so funny?....and why the hell are you so negative to everyone elses posts?

You

and why the hell are you so negative to everyone elses posts?

I'm not negative to EVERYONE else's posts.

Just those who I don't see eye-to-eye with.

Jeeez, have your own opinion much?

You're free to yours, I'm free to mine.

But PLEASE don't tell me your fat tire got you laid... lol...

plevine1
25th June 2007, 21:25
I taped a string of $20 bills to the bike. You would be shocked how that can get you laid.

Moved On / My Own Choice
25th June 2007, 21:28
I taped a string of $20 bills to the bike. You would be shocked how that can get you laid.

Hey, whatever works my friend, it's all good.

K

Clarinetcat
25th June 2007, 21:31

Hmmmmm.....

I thought you said you needed a six pack?!? :rolleyes:

tracyanders
25th June 2007, 21:32
i didnt post an opinion!...i hardly ever do...i think there is plenty of opinions on this site...and quite a few uneducated and unexperienced ones....too many people commenting on things they just happen to read and notttt have any experience with.....thats why i have less than 20 posts here...not to mention i have better things to do than sit and write over 7000 of them.....i ride this scoot on a daily basis practically....and it handles even better than it did with the original 150.........and ill tell ya what......i wont say my bike got me laid if you dont say your bags and windshield did you!.....now i dont mean to sound like an ass....well i do now...but dude..these guys were right..its not cool to shoot down others thoughts and what they like!!!!..the big thing about having a bike is personalizing it to what that individual likes...not pleasing others!.....you dont choose a 250...i dont choose bags windshields or SISSY bars......enough said i think.

milmat1
25th June 2007, 21:55

When I read the Title of this thread, My first thought was KEV is gonna give you hell !!!!

I really expevted KEVM to post a simple WHY???:laugh :laugh

Which is a good question, I suppose its just for Looks. Because thats all its really good for.....IMHO:D

swishersweet
30th July 2007, 15:18
I want a 250 on my 06 sporty and have even seen a kit for the 300-but looing to talk to someone who has done this mod cant find your pics can you please tell me more

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:21
http://xlforum.net/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/10769/sl/t

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:29
wholly trash talk batman...lol

tracyanders I would look into changing your signature links.

Put the size, font and color end command at the end instead of right next to the start command.

Just my .02 cents

Oh and since the wheel base is shorter then the custom bikes...I think a 200 series tire would be about as fat as I'd like it without screwin' up my handling.

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:34
what the hell's the difference?

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:42
Here Tracy...read this.....

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:44
lol....hell i dont know how to do it...lol.....sorry...wanna help me out here?
hell ill give ya my password if that will help

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:46
okkk....i got ya...but where do i go to change it?

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:47
No...you will do it...lol
It's not hard....save it, open it, copy and paste to your signatue in the user CP and clink on signature.

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:48
hows this now?????

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 21:49
that better?????

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:52
Go to the top of the page...there is a bar with Forum, User CP, FAQ, Members List, Calendar, New Posts, Search, Quick Links, Log Out.
Click on user CP...once that opens....click on Edit Signature...then paste the info I posted for you in the TracySig file in the sig window.

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:56
This is how it's supposed to look...I have your sig in my sig too.

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 21:57
That looks way different then what you have up. Are seeing this in your sig though?

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 22:01
no im not seeing it...let me try again...i feel stupid....lol

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 22:03
Yea the site takes things off so not every post will have your sig there.
And you only have so much space for private messages...I think you need to delete some of thewm. I can't PM you any more 'till you do.

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 22:07
ok...messages are gone..pic is up..but the sig doesnt look like it does on yours, not from my posts anyway.

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 22:11
Well not all posts will...you can preview it too in the usercp

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 22:12
But you see how it's suppossed to look. I wantedyou to see that.

tracyanders
9th August 2007, 22:13
yeppp....much appreciated

TheExecutioner
9th August 2007, 22:27
No problem. We'll work on that some more tomorrow.