PDA

View Full Version : I really miss my Motorcycle.

The Outpatient
23rd December 2009, 15:27
She's just sitting in the garage waiting for spring. Sometimes I sing her a song or have a beer with her but it just not the same.

Winter Sucks.

crazyred
23rd December 2009, 15:33
lol........i know how it is ! we have a big snow storm coming for x-mas here .

ghost_rader
23rd December 2009, 16:07
i hear ya, if it wasn't so damn cold or i had heat in the shop(knew i should have installed that damn gas pipe) i would be out enjoying my bike by tearing her down and re-doing her this winter, but im not .. might go buzz around the block if it warms up a little though

superwarden
23rd December 2009, 16:26
I have that problem X4. Every time I walk into the garage they each stare at me with that great big puppy dog eye.....And I hear a little wimper when I hop in the van instead....

GBag
23rd December 2009, 16:33
I miss my baby too. Last year I was able to ride up to December 22 before putting her up, and was back out on Jan 20th. This year we haven't seen 30 deg or above in weeks. Global worming my :censor..

Teehaml
23rd December 2009, 17:45
She's just sitting in the garage waiting for spring. Sometimes I sing her a song or have a beer with her but it just not the same.

Winter Sucks.

lol........i know how it is ! we have a big snow storm coming for x-mas here .

i hear ya, if it wasn't so damn cold or i had heat in the shop(knew i should have installed that damn gas pipe) i would be out enjoying my bike by tearing her down and re-doing her this winter, but im not .. might go buzz around the block if it warms up a little though

I have that problem X4. Every time I walk into the garage they each stare at me with that great big puppy dog eye.....And I hear a little wimper when I hop in the van instead....

I miss my baby too. Last year I was able to ride up to December 22 before putting her up, and was back out on Jan 20th. This year we haven't seen 30 deg or above in weeks. Global worming my :censor..

Man... you guy's got it bad. Me too... :(

Robotech
23rd December 2009, 17:51
I think I'd go nuts if I couldn't ride in winter. It's bad enough having her sit when it's raining.

Folkie
23rd December 2009, 18:10
Sometimes I sing her a song
Maybe you're having too many of those beers? :laugh

The Outpatient
23rd December 2009, 19:40
Maybe you're having too many of those beers? :laugh

Nah...sometimes she sings with me.

I've got a Harley and It's Louder than yours (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=380590&songID=5815137)

brianq103
23rd December 2009, 19:50
Nah...sometimes she sings with me.

I've got a Harley and It's Louder than yours (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=380590&songID=5815137)

I heard her on that link. She's got a pretty good "voice"! :D

I'm having the same conversation with the other guys at work that ride. It's getting bad already! Thank God there's a bike show here in January!

Gone
23rd December 2009, 20:25
It sucks at the moment as it's wet and snowy here. Roll on Spring.

Keith883
24th December 2009, 00:19
Im with you guys. This sucks. In Northern Bama it hasnt been to bad at all, But i have no cold weather gear yet, and a car. I have no motivation to get on the bike on a cold morning when i can get in a warm car, lol. I need to get some gear so i can ride this thing. I cant wait for Spring. I got my bike, Then it rained for like a month straight, gave me a couple weeks of riding, then got cold.. I want to put some miles on this thing!

sportyblue
24th December 2009, 01:25
They just delivered my Street Bob back from the dealership....had him serviced and got a good deal on the pickup and delivery.....too cold to ride that far. BUT before I gave him the check.....I took " Dalton" for a short spin.....no helmet, no coat, no gloves......awwwww that was nice......brrrr. :tour It is sad to think that might have been it until spring.......

xena
24th December 2009, 03:31
I'm right there with you all. She's plugged into the tender and hibernating safely. Chomping at the bit here wanting to go for a ride but ice and snow on the ground so it's not a smart idea.

Durockrolly
24th December 2009, 04:02
Sorry about your cold weather out there. Was about 65 degrees here today. I ran a errand on the bike. Christmas is supposed to be 72 degrees. Hopefully I can get out for a couple of hours.

Hyster52
24th December 2009, 04:12
Sixty's and clear here today. Rode a Welcome Home mission with PGR.

Hang in the snow-bound folks, we just passed the Winter Solstice so the daylight will be getting longer from here out - and that means Spring is just around the twisty.

bh2112
24th December 2009, 04:43
I went out for about 2 hours 38 deg. oh well it is what it is.

Shu
24th December 2009, 05:03
I miss mine too. I find myself looking at the 10 day forecast looking for that one day when I may have clearer roads so I can get in a few hours or riding. This is the first winter when I don't have any plans to take her apart and do anything to her so she just sits there ready to roll. I swear when I raise the garage door she looks outside longingly too. Hopefully a nice day is just around the corner and we can get some miles soon.

Roosterman
28th December 2009, 21:27
I feel your pain. My voice sucks so I don't sing to her. Besides it's too cold out in the garage to sit there. I've just set a picture of her as my desktop and wallpaper on my phone. My screen saver is also a set of pictures to remind me!:geek

aaandht
28th December 2009, 22:18
We had a nice day yesterday, about 56*. Wish I could have ridden, but she's sitting on the jack getting a new tire and doing other maintenance. Plus I had to work on my car. Oh well, maybe it will get over 40 some time again soon.

MaineHD
28th December 2009, 23:07
:cry1:cry1:cry1:cry1
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/Kjt_photos/th_IMG00003-20091122-1132.jpg (http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u106/Kjt_photos/?action=view&current=IMG00003-20091122-1132.jpg)

Paul32579
29th December 2009, 02:53

Winter Sucks.

If you have salt on the road, bring her up to operating temp once/wk.

Keep electrolytes fully charged (yours and hers.)

When road clears, bundle up and ride until internal passages are thoroughly heated and lubricated. Consider that oil requires five times as much time as equivalent water to reach operating temperature, so extend the duration of your riding exercise accordingly for best results.

Clean and detail under 78 degree heat for optimum patient comfort. Disregard spousal objections.

A lift affords optimal ergonomic postures for efficient patient care. I'll write a consult for one, if you like.

Apply favorite accousics at maximum volume and douse with copious amount of usual beverage.

Repeat as necessary, follow up as needed.

"Doc" Paul

jimmyess333
29th December 2009, 04:39
Put a laptop on a table in front of the bike and play some youtube videos of other people's rides.
It might actually be fun after a few beers.