PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever shoot my 35 remington again?

radeschultz
25th December 2009, 22:27
I really beginning to wonder. I have a Marlin 336 lever gun, and I always found it to be a quick pointing fun little rifle. I would love to take it out and shoot a few rounds, but guess what? I cant find any ammo! I did find a few boxes for nearly $40, but seriously?? Its a little brush buster, so what gives? I would, AM, considering a reload set for it, if that's what its gonna take... I've followed along with the different threads about the current ammo squeeze, and it seems it has no boundary's. Anyone of you got any leads? :gun

floorit
25th December 2009, 22:35
I'm not sure but I think the local sporting good store had a bunch of that stuff, like 20 boxes. I'll check it out, wasn't very expensive either.

radeschultz
25th December 2009, 23:02
Hey thanks man :cheers

I'm diggin around online and remembered that "LeverEvolution" that they introduced a few years back. Seems like the way to go, and I found it for less then $30 a box tho most of it is still out of stock til January at least..

floorit
25th December 2009, 23:06
It's a longshot. Only reason I remember is the caliber struck me funny and I picked up a box to check it out. I'm probably wrong, but I'll look.

radeschultz
26th December 2009, 00:19
check this out.. I'm smelling "Bullsh!t somewhere....

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/latest-news/product-availability

Product Availability
April 10, 2009

The shooting sports industry as a whole is currently experiencing record sales. Here at Hornady Manufacturing we are breaking our own production records in an attempt to keep up with customer demand. We have added extra shifts, machinery and we are also in the process of expanding our manufacturing plant. We will continue to produce as much product as we can while still retaining the high quality control you’ve come to expect from us.

With the demand for our products being as high as it currently is, we are forced to make some temporary changes. Until further notice we are only able to ship ammunition, bullets, cases and major reloading tools to our wholesalers and retailers. This means that we are not able to accept consumer orders for those products via telephone or our website. We will take telephone/web orders for reloading spare parts, press accessories and specialty dies. Click here to download a list of available products you can purchase on our website. For ammunition, bullets etc., your favorite retailers and sporting goods chains have large orders placed with us so you will receive your product faster by purchasing through them than you would by ordering factory direct.

Pretty much every retailer I have checked out says the same thing, out of stock/on back order.... Or am I just being overly suspicious?

mjbogrand
26th December 2009, 15:53
They're blaming it on the war and using all the brass for that.
The cowboys bought out all the 45lc,45acp is low.Two rounds for us old guys.Be ye prepared and all.

Things like the 35 rem would be few and far between anyway,with demand less than others.Hence they wouldn't bother making them.

But the thing that pisses me off is the lack of 22's out there.

Cabela's here,seems to have everything.But you will pay for it.

brimic
26th December 2009, 21:25
Pretty much every retailer I have checked out says the same thing, out of stock/on back order.... Or am I just being overly suspicious?

Its been like that for over a year.

I would tell you to reload for that fine rifle of yours, but we reloaders are facing the same kinds of shortages. I reload for quite a few cartridges that you can't easily find anymore, its the only way to go. Large rifle primers are non-existant right now. Small rifle primers were unavailable for almost a year, but now one or two brands are becoming available again. Powder is hit-or miss. .35 remington brass isn't exactly easy to find either, but its out there.

ozark
26th December 2009, 21:36
I really beginning to wonder. I have a Marlin 336 lever gun, and I always found it to be a quick pointing fun little rifle. I would love to take it out and shoot a few rounds, but guess what? I cant find any ammo! I did find a few boxes for nearly $40, but seriously?? Its a little brush buster, so what gives? I would, AM, considering a reload set for it, if that's what its gonna take... I've followed along with the different threads about the current ammo squeeze, and it seems it has no boundary's. Anyone of you got any leads? :gun

Sportsmans Guide has a pretty good selection. They apparently have the round you are looking for: LINK (http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/remington-centerfire-rifle-cartridges.aspx?a=292465)

Ammo and weapons in many calibers have been in short supply ever since Obama was nominated. Apparently a lot of people started buying up everything they could get their hands on. We are also fighting a couple of wars that has got to impact supply and price to some extent.

Get'em while you can.

Ozark

StarGateOps
27th December 2009, 01:27
I do testing and evaluation for several firearm manufacturers. I've been into 22 LR, AR-15's for several years. I'm just now beginning to find ammo that I need for accuracy testing. Even the bulk 22's were scarce, I had 60,000 rounds of that when the shelves were cleared. The larger calibers were totally wiped out by the OBAMA Scare.

Manufacturers probably quit making the less popular calibers so they could try to catch up. That's most likely what happened to the 35 Remington Ammo. 5.56 / .223 had gone to nearly a dollar a round for a while. Now it's creaping back to lower prices. Soon the market may be flooded with ammo like it is right now with firearms. Great time to get a deal on an AR-15...

I'm looking at the 450 Bushmaster.... Atleast an upper....

Good Luck,
SGO, A.K.A. Elsewhere as SpecOps-13

DKHAN
27th December 2009, 09:46
Try www.gunbroker.com
I actually scored some ammo recently at reasonable prices.
Started buying whenever I see one of my calibers come up f/sale
regardless of supply. Couldn't find lots of stuff f/a long time.
Seems the ammo hoarders were dumping supply f/xma$,
now the prices are almost back to normal.

wandrur
27th December 2009, 10:06
There is lots of ammo available these days. Not the story a few months ago, but that isn't the case in most places anymore.

Check out ammoman.com and georgia-arms.com. Great sites with good prices.

radeschultz
27th December 2009, 17:03
Thanks for the tips guys, that gunbroker site is pretty sweet :)

dre986
27th December 2009, 17:59
If your not going to shoot the rifle too much then I'd probly consider just buying the ammo. If you are going to shoot it a alot then reload it.
Yes Cabelas does stack a lot of ammo but like it was said up top, it's not cheap.

crazyred
29th December 2009, 15:18
I hear you on this it's crazy to be paying the price for a box of shell's ! I have 30 gun's so you tell me , for the last 3 year's i have been reloading , cant do rimfire .that sux !

drvsafe
29th December 2009, 16:11
There are so many people that are hoarding ammo, that is also a main part of this crunch. I have a bulk 500 round order for 38spl and .380 that I placed in June that has still not been fulfilled. I get an email every month from Cabalas telling me it's been puched to the following month. Crazy!

floorit
29th December 2009, 18:22
Local store had 4 boxes for $25 a box. It was 32 that they had a bunch of.

biged
4th January 2010, 19:49
You all have a real handle on what is actually going on out there. The war has had a major impact on the availability hence the price of scrap copper hitting over $4.00 a Lb. here on the east coast. Also consider the amount of large caliber weapons that have returned to use in the military, Add that to and you are correct to panic of the Obama scare of gun control is about 1/2 of it. The rest of it is I gotta say is our fault see we have a real problem in the US DON"T tell an American he can't have something (PS 3) he or she will be the first in line to get it. Let's face it big business is the biggest drug cartel we know. gimme gimme gimme = $$$$
Well enough of ranting but all if us have our Triggers (pun intended)
ED

mjbogrand
4th January 2010, 19:55
So I should go to the local gravel pit and start collecting brass?:banana
I'm gunna go buy an enclosed trailer for a garage.I may have some room in there for a press!;)
Then I can join the hunt for supplies instead of ammo!:doh