PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bike Forum

Scooter_Trash
1st July 2007, 20:19
What does everyone think of a stolen bike forum. It would be dedicated only to stolen bikes. If you hear of a stolen bike or if your bike gets stolen you could post it here with photos and contact information. We have a really large network of people and it seems like this would be really helpfull in recovering someones pride and joy (of course, you would contact your local authorities if you spot a stolen bike ;) ).

Phelan
1st July 2007, 20:21
I like the idea. I also like your sig:laugh .

Infidel
1st July 2007, 20:28
I like the idea. Thats the direction I was going with my thread Theft/Vandal.

bjfoien
1st July 2007, 20:30
I like, especially with pictures.

LiLBrudder
1st July 2007, 21:38
sounds like a great idea for a lot of reasons

cantolina
1st July 2007, 21:50
Can't see a single reason why not.....

I'd say you have a winner with that suggestion!

mes
1st July 2007, 22:38
sometimes we can do what the LEO's can't. information and so forth. excellent idea.

sportysrock
1st July 2007, 23:16
Ding ding ding! We have a winner - good idea!

dabronco
1st July 2007, 23:30
Only if we can give the thief an ass whuppin'! No really, good idea! Have it kinda like an Amber alert thingy on the top of the home page.

hog rider
2nd July 2007, 01:15
sounds good But what about the people like me where theres only one person from this part of the country.some one steals my bike whos going to look for it in Utah.It would have to be takin to another state and theres probley a lot of stock bikes like mine.it might work Just my 2cents.

dabronco
2nd July 2007, 03:30
Stuff gets stolen in Reno and winds up as parts on Craig's list in San Francisco.
Pictures of the bike posted here would help identify those parts being sold in a different town. If it works even once, it would be worth it.

bplinson
2nd July 2007, 09:15
Sounds like a good idea. I will set it up.

ReddTigger
2nd July 2007, 11:34

HORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Reaper6
2nd July 2007, 14:22
Like Dabronco said..."If it only works once, it's worth it". Good idea.

If and when a bike is stolen list all the particulars: time, place, any unique distinctions like a scratch, blemish, trim, etc., etc.

Time will be of the essence because it takes no time for a bike to be torn down and parted out.

Excellent idea.

Dave

P.S. I pray that if my bike gets lifted that the LEOs find the thieves before I do.

Gone
2nd July 2007, 14:29
sounds good But what about the people like me where theres only one person from this part of the country.some one steals my bike whos going to look for it in Utah.It would have to be takin to another state and theres probley a lot of stock bikes like mine.it might work Just my 2cents.

Theres a couple of us from utah but just not quite as south as you

KC_Sportster
2nd July 2007, 15:28
Excellent idea!

Gone
2nd July 2007, 16:16
Excellent idea, that is how communication between people can be used to an advantage. I know my friend would enjoy it because his bike was stolen not too long ago.

angel1200
2nd July 2007, 16:21
I'm all for additional resources to recover stolen bikes. Glad to hear it's going to be set up.

Scooter_Trash
2nd July 2007, 16:40

Thanks Bert.

bplinson
6th July 2007, 09:59
This forum has been set up: http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288

OutlawTexan67
6th July 2007, 10:13
Thats a great idea and I hope some one can maybe get there bike back using it.Idea's like this is what makes this the best Sportster forum on the net!!!!

Chuck
6th July 2007, 11:35
Good idea but I'm curious of whether there will be any posts. Are there many Sportsters stolen? Will they be members here if so?

buckhorns
6th July 2007, 11:46
I like the idea. If it brought one bike home it would make it worthwhile.

Scooter_Trash
6th July 2007, 12:12
Good idea but I'm curious of whether there will be any posts. Are there many Sportsters stolen? Will they be members here if so?

I kinda planned for it to be if your bike, a buddy's bike, a buddy of a buddy's bike, etc. gets stolen. No matter what kind of bike it is.

I still don't think there will be a huge number of posts, but at least there is a place where they can get posted.

It would also be nice to know if the bike gets recovered. :clap

:drinkbeer

1STONE
6th July 2007, 13:12
greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt idea

go with it now