PDA

View Full Version : Run,brake, turn signal module kit.

Shuckun's
13th January 2010, 23:26
I just got finished installing the run,brake,turn signal module kit # 69463-06 on my 09 sporty 1200 custom. It was much easier than some of the other post's I have read about. When I took off the seat the six point connector was right there tucked under the wishbone of the frame. And what a difference it make's when the brake is applied. There is a distinct difference in brightness between the driving, and brake/turn signal function's. An absolute snap to install and probably the best $59.95 I have ever spent. :tour:banana;)

Bob F
13th January 2010, 23:47
Got this setup on both my scoots. 3 brake lights is a good idea.

Brad
13th January 2010, 23:51
Agreed. Moco version is a little more than some of the other options, but it is truly plug and play. I converted mine after I kept blowing taillight bulbs. With three brake lights, I felt like I was better off.

Teehaml
13th January 2010, 23:55
This kit was the first thing I installed on my bike. One tail light at night, in the rain, at interstate speeds just wasn't gettin' it for me...

kledhead
14th January 2010, 00:00
Ive got the kit too.(moco) Relatively inexpensive and simple to install. The hardest part of the whole deal was taking the seat off. (and that aint hard). My theory is the more brake lights you throw at them the more likely you are to distract them from their cell phone.

LuxBlue
14th January 2010, 00:06
I just got finished installing the run,brake,turn signal module kit on my 09 sporty 1200 custom. It was much easier than some of the other post's I have read about. When I took off the seat the six point connector was right there tucked under the wishbone of the frame. And what a difference it make's when the brake is applied. There is a distinct difference in brightness between the driving, and brake/turn signal function's. An absolute snap to install and probably the best $59.95 I have ever spent. :tour:banana;)

Did the same thing. Also running Kuryakyn LED Bullets on all four corners and an LED bulb in my OEM tailight housing.

LengeGrafix
14th January 2010, 00:14
I installed the kit on my '09 1200C. I also sprung for the red lenses with the chrome visor style trim rings to match the rings on the relocated front amber lights. I love the fact that I have additional illumination on the tail. I have to admit....I was skeptical at first, but I AM A BELIEVER NOW!!!!!!! I am considering swapping out the standard bulbs for the LED versions that fit in the same sockets. Those original bulbs were not meant to be on all of the time, let alone the additional current to make them glow brighter when the binders are used.

Cool.....my avatar is back!