PDA

View Full Version : DANG! My nephew's new '03 Deuce

drvsafe
4th February 2010, 13:05
DANG!!! My nephew just picked up his new (to him) 2003 Deuce anniversary edition. Dang that is a hot bike. While I'm not a huge Softtail fan, the looks of that Deuce is great!

I've always felt that if I were to upgrade to a BT it would be a Dyna, but whoa that is a shweet looking bike. It's got a great line to it albeit rather bulky.

Makes me want to get that sporty paid off already so I can add another HOG to my garage. I would probably end up still buying a DYNA, but.....dang!

ReddTigger
4th February 2010, 13:15
While the Deuce is a good looking bike, it doesn't handle nearly as well as the Dyna Line.. Just keep that in mind.

Tin Man 2
4th February 2010, 13:24
A Sporty and a Dyna dont make a good pairing, To close in size and character. Now a Sporty and a Touring Rig make great stable mates!!

Bob F
4th February 2010, 14:55
Now a Sporty and a Touring Rig make great stable mates!!

Yep, best of both worlds.

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Bikes_May_2009.jpg

drvsafe
4th February 2010, 16:37
as a biek for every situation, you're right Bob F. I am looking to set up my sporty for my wife once it's paid for and have the Dyna as my ride. now I play the waiting game....

Likemlouder
4th February 2010, 16:42
A Sporty and a Dyna dont make a good pairing, To close in size and character. Now a Sporty and a Touring Rig make great stable mates!!

that's what i like about them. both bikes handle great and the wideglide is a better tourer without going completely GEEZER GLIDE LOL

drvsafe
4th February 2010, 16:46
Man that FXDWG is so freakin hot!

jimmyess333
5th February 2010, 08:02
I'm not a fan of Softails myself but I must admit the Deuce is a good looking bike.
I was surprised when HD dropped it.

If I had to go that direction in style I like the wide glide better, the older WG that is.

Rooster
5th February 2010, 10:19
The Deuce is a great bike. Most either love it or hate it. I like it because it was different. Even more so now that they don't make it anymore. Here's mine. Old pic, few more changes since this one.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/Roosterdiver/bike/DSC_1705x.jpg

philidor1958
5th February 2010, 12:22
I still love my sporty. I just got a letter asking me if I wanted to upgrade to a BT. I thought about it and considered all the changes I made and am going to make and have decided against it. I am a small man 5'5" and 160#. I will just make a touring bike out of my sporty. But damn the duece is hot. :)

mitchell6989
5th February 2010, 13:35
my moms got a duece id still rather ride my sporty over it any day

citified
5th February 2010, 23:35
I dont know what its like where you guys live, but around me, deuce owners are the kings of the douche big twin owners.

Robotech
5th February 2010, 23:47
I know this is going to be blasphamous but now I know which Harley the Honda Shadow is supposed to look like...especially that rear fender.

milmat1
6th February 2010, 00:15
I know this is going to be blasphamous but now I know which Harley the Honda Shadow is supposed to look like...especially that rear fender.

AGREED !

I have never liked that rear fender on the duece either. Loks Jappy to me...

jimmyess333
6th February 2010, 05:38
I dont know what its like where you guys live, but around me, deuce owners are the kings of the douche big twin owners.

In the Philly area it was the Night Train.

chardhin
6th February 2010, 05:49
DANG!!! My nephew just picked up his new (to him) 2003 Deuce anniversary edition. Dang that is a hot bike. While I'm not a huge Softtail fan, the looks of that Deuce is great!

I've always felt that if I were to upgrade to a BT it would be a Dyna, but whoa that is a shweet looking bike. It's got a great line to it albeit rather bulky.

Makes me want to get that sporty paid off already so I can add another HOG to my garage. I would probably end up still buying a DYNA, but.....dang!

het drv that pretty cool one of my riding buddies just picked up the same exact thing 03 dyna anniversary eddition. great lookin scoot. congrats to them both eh!