PDA

View Full Version : Married & Riding With Another?

Rascal
20th July 2007, 02:01
Not necessarily talking about myself, but do you think it's ok or is it totally wrong for a married person and a friend of the opposite sex to ride their cycles together without their spouse having any knowledge of it? Or is this a situation that could possibly lead two friends into having a one night stand or an affair? Just curious on your thoughts...

rottenralph
20th July 2007, 02:09
I think my wife would suspect skullduggery. I will not be trying that one out. I don't have rear footpegs or a seat either. If she wa hot and naked my wife might excuse it as a dream come true.

cgp-1200R
20th July 2007, 02:14
JMHO bad mojo unless the wife knows, cause if she finds out , gonna be real hard to explain.

merc
20th July 2007, 02:17
It sort of depends on why your wife don't know.
I ride with a fairly large group. There are usually a female or 2. And my wife rarely goes. But she knows the others are there.
It's not like I say I am going for a ride with Mike and meet up with a Babe.
that would be wrong.

cantolina
20th July 2007, 02:22
NOT cool....

I've been asked for rides....

My stock answer is: "You'll have to ask my wife"

If asking to ride my bike is equivalent to asking if you can "diddle" my wife (which, in my opinion, it is), then CLEARLY riding bitch on my bike is reserved for my wife, my kids, and any biker in need....period....

ReddTigger
20th July 2007, 02:26
I say there is nothing wrong with it as long as YOU feel there is nothing going on. But why doesn't this friend's wife know?? if I told my wife I was going riding with a chick, she'd be LESS pissed then if she found out I went riding with a chick..

And as you said, THEIR Cycles, not like she's holding on to someone...

sportysrock
20th July 2007, 02:41
If the spouse doesn't want to ride then why not ride with someone else? In that case why not just say it's happening? Men and women work together all the time without pawing one another.

Clarinetcat
20th July 2007, 02:43
And as you said, THEIR Cycles, not like she's holding on to someone...

Thank you... for a second I wasn't sure if any one else read that part. ;)

No harm, no foul... it's just a motorcycle ride.

cgp-1200R
20th July 2007, 02:43
Men and women work together all the time without pawing one another.

They do ,,, ???? :yikes

cgp-1200R
20th July 2007, 02:44
I guess this comment overshadowed thier bikes for me.

"Or is this a situation that could possibly lead two friends into having a one night stand or an affair?"

MOREHP
20th July 2007, 02:46
I have done it twice, and I have been divorced twice. Hummmmm I wonder if there is a connection there.

gammaqueen
I think it is perfectly OK to ride with friends of the opposite sex, as long as your signifitcate other don't mind.

cantolina
Whoops...missed that.....

Each on their own bike?

No harm, no foul...

ReddTigger
20th July 2007, 02:47
anytime a man and a woman spend time together there is the possibility that they may end up doing something wrong....

If you don't trust yourself, then don't go into the henhouse. For me, I can ride with or have a female ride on my bike without problems. I know where I lay my head at night.

mrscantolina
20th July 2007, 02:53
If there is truly nothing going on then just tell her - I think the fact that you are asking us, instead of your wife, suggests some guilty feelings or perhaps other feelings that may even be subconscious...

Talk to your spouse and ask how she feels about it - I would have no problem with my husband going once or twice if I knew about it - it also depends on how well I know his friend - there's a few he could go with a lot and others - no way. But if I found out he was riding with her without my knowledge then watch out - because the act of NOT telling me tells me ALOT...:frownthre

cgp-1200R
20th July 2007, 02:56
Excellent post MRS cant !!

roadogette
20th July 2007, 03:01
I usually ride with the guys. BF is married, but estranged from his wife. Just waiting on the legal formalities. Most of my riding buddies are male. Know their wives or girlfriends. There are no problems.

Rascal
20th July 2007, 03:24
If there is truly nothing going on then just tell her - I think the fact that you are asking us, instead of your wife, suggests some guilty feelings or perhaps other feelings that may even be subconscious...

Talk to your spouse and ask how she feels about it - I would have no problem with my husband going once or twice if I knew about it - it also depends on how well I know his friend - there's a few he could go with a lot and others - no way. But if I found out he was riding with her without my knowledge then watch out - because the act of NOT telling me tells me ALOT...:frownthre

Re-Read the first 5 words of my sentence of the post please:
Not necessarily talking about myself, but do you think it's ok or is it totally wrong for a married person and a friend of the opposite sex to ride their cycles together without their spouse having any knowledge of it?
As far as myself, I ride alone most of the time, have went on one ride the local Harley shop sponspored, and ride with a few male buddies sometimes. I know some that do it and it's never been a problem, also know some that has caused major problems.

883rnh
20th July 2007, 04:25
without their spouse having any knowledge of it? .

In my book that is just as bad as sleeping around I guess it is the sneaking around behind someone's back that ticks me off.
I have watched my friend put some skank on the back of his bike without his wife knowing.

sorry this is a touchy subject with me:censor

Paulie420
20th July 2007, 04:42
I just wanna chime in. I voted that it would lead to something youd regret....

BUT the only thing I think is wrong with it is that you said IF YOUR WIFE DOESNT KNOW.

If I had an honest reason to want to ride with a lady... like she was cool as hell or had a good ride planned. OR if a lady just turned out to be my main riding partner... I'd just tell my damn wife.

Hell, after that your wife would kinda dictate weather it was OK or not... and for the most part, thats how it should be...

If it bothered her too much I wouldn't do it. I'd tell her WHY I wanted to ... and that ya know, its all innocent... but she'd have the final say.

mes
20th July 2007, 04:45
in a group fine. just me and one other chick. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hard to excplain.

RoadChick
20th July 2007, 04:53
I voted not going to fly. Reason: His/Her spouses do not know that they are riding together. Failure to disclose is the part I have the problem with in this situation. Lack of honesty and openness cause concern that the intentions are NOT truly on the up and up.

If my spouse/bf talked to me about it first then it would not be an issue. I can trust honesty any day, but not sneaking around.

Weo
20th July 2007, 05:18
IMO, its all about the people involved. If they are "willing" to cheat, then they are going to cheat. If not, then it doesn't matter.

What DOES stick out in your statement, is that the wife doesn't know. Silly secrets like that seem to be an indicator of something "different" in the relationship.

phmann
20th July 2007, 05:31
It's all about "empowering" your wife. In other words, I'm in favor of it as long as she approves. You have to phrase it like she is in charge. For example, "hey, so and so was asking for a ride on the bike, but I told her it would have to wait until I cleared it with you. The back seat is yours, so she would need your permission to use it. So all you have to do, honey, is say the word and I will tell her no."

Crash03
20th July 2007, 07:02
Everyone on their own bike? No problem. Her on the back of MY bike? It better be someone that my woman knows AND trusts, which, with women, is RARELY the same thing. LOL. The only part that might cause friction is the "without her knowledge" thing. It's one thing if I go out riding and hook up with some other friend who's out riding. It's another if I PLAN to go riding with a member of the opposite body parts and don't tell her...

Goshawk
20th July 2007, 07:22
If you do not mind your wife spending time with another man and she knows about her and does not mind then I would say it would be OK. But why? It seems to me like running across the freeway naked and trying not to get hit.

u8mymeat
20th July 2007, 09:57
Another reason to avoid marriage...............................

xbuzzardx
20th July 2007, 10:53
If I tried to do anything hoping that my wife won't find out.... its cheating. This may be over-simplifying things, but it keeps me happily married (pardon the oxymoron.)

And I don't view cheating as "cheating on my wife." I view cheating as "cheating on my family." 'Cause if I ever got caught, it would break up the family, not just the marriage.

Not to highjack this thread, but how many of you would be okay finding out that your wife was riding with another guy and didn't want you to know?

Mike

ReddTigger
20th July 2007, 13:06
knowledge is power.. If she knows, then all is good, If she doesn't know, then all isn't good..

Not to highjack this thread, but how many of you would be okay finding out that your wife was riding with another guy and didn't want you to know?
VERY GLAD my wife doesn't ride.

And just to clarify again.... Rascal was talking about two people riding TWO bikes, Not having someone ride on the back of their bike. WHICH lends itself to a totally different set of worries.

Gone
20th July 2007, 14:00
Rascal,

man you like treading on thin ice don't ya...
whoooo hoooo hiding stuff from so....not a good idea...
especially if she has any vested say so over the bike in question...
I have taken my wifes best friend for a ride..wife knew up front..
wasn't gone long enough to get into trouble....didnt cross any lines...
her hubby snapped a pic...got a little static from the wife for the pic...
was not my idea...it was different, and interesting:D
...cant say much more due to language constraints....

Purple sporty-ours
Black sporty - all mine
Rules same..

all i can say if it ain't you is....
don't get stuck in the middle....:D

Rascal
20th July 2007, 14:14
Rascal,

man you like treading on thin ice don't ya...
whoooo hoooo hiding stuff from so....not a good idea...
especially if she has any vested say so over the bike in question...
I have taken my wifes best friend for a ride..wife knew up front..
wasn't gone long enough to get into trouble....didnt cross any lines...
her hubby snapped a pic...got a little static from the wife for the pic...
was not my idea...it was different, and interesting:D
...cant say much more due to language constraints....

Purple sporty-ours
Black sporty - all mine
Rules same..

all i can say if it ain't you is....
don't get stuck in the middle....:D

Like I said earlier LouEvo, in the first post, I wasn't necessarily talking about myself. I was curious though as what you all thought incase this ever came up. My wife doesn't ride at all, her own bike or with me, and that's ok. There were guys & gals in the group ride I went on, other than that so far I have either rode alone or with a male buddy or so.

Notabiker
20th July 2007, 14:52
Not necessarily talking about myself, but do you think it's ok or is it totally wrong for a married person and a friend of the opposite sex to ride their cycles together without their spouse having any knowledge of it? Or is this a situation that could possibly lead two friends into having a one night stand or an affair? Just curious on your thoughts...

If you are riding with the Oppsex w/o your spouse knowing it, then you are setting yourself up for trouble. Group rides where you're not sure who will show up is one thing, BUT, if you are purposely going on a ride with a chick and not telling your wife (and vice-versa), then you are hiding something. NEVER GOOD for a relationship. WHY, if it is a friend then you should be able to tell your spouse. If you can't and know that your spouse would oppose it, then what. If spouse finds out, you're in the dog house for sure, trust gone. All leads to shit. Be truthful or find someone else to ride with.

grindbastard
20th July 2007, 14:54

I think if you're in the right relationship then the answer is easy. First, why would you keep it from your spouse if they trust you and if the other rider is just a friend. Secondly, any situation can lead to an affair or one night stand if you let it.

"If I tried to do anything hoping that my wife won't find out.... its cheating. This may be over-simplifying things, but it keeps me happily married (pardon the oxymoron.)

And I don't view cheating as "cheating on my wife." I view cheating as "cheating on my family." 'Cause if I ever got caught, it would break up the family, not just the marriage." - I'm with Buzzard on this.

dropout
20th July 2007, 16:45
In my humble opinion anything a spouse does on the down low borders on low down. Honesty is always the best policy. I'm coming up on 9 yrs married to the woman I started dating 15 yrs ago. So I must be doing something right I think.

CT1200
20th July 2007, 16:51
Or is it shes doing something right?
I'm still trying to figure that out?

TheExecutioner
20th July 2007, 16:54
Well I've done it and I feel bad about it...so I don't anymore and I have the 'ol lady on the back now.

Being that 20yrs is a long time...I guess I just wanted to know if I still had it....and I'm happy to report that I do...hehehe

dropout
20th July 2007, 17:01
good point CT, she did encourage me to buy my bike after all. you dont let a woman like that go

rdgzoe
20th July 2007, 17:16
I don't what it is about me. Got my sporty in November and I am a straight guy, however it seems only my lesbian friends what two ride with me.

TheExecutioner
20th July 2007, 17:50
hahahahaha. I'm a lezbo too. I love girls.

Rascal
20th July 2007, 18:19
If you are riding with the Oppsex w/o your spouse knowing it, then you are setting yourself up for trouble. Group rides where you're not sure who will show up is one thing, BUT, if you are purposely going on a ride with a chick and not telling your wife (and vice-versa), then you are hiding something. NEVER GOOD for a relationship. WHY, if it is a friend then you should be able to tell your spouse. If you can't and know that your spouse would oppose it, then what. If spouse finds out, you're in the dog house for sure, trust gone. All leads to shit. Be truthful or find someone else to ride with.

Thanks Bern, I'll relay the message to him the next time I see him.

Phaedrus
21st July 2007, 03:20
Damm, another dream that will never come to fruition

racerwill
21st July 2007, 04:22
if you're trustworthy, there shouldn't be a problem......

why would you hide that from your SO?

Ww

Crash03
21st July 2007, 04:35
If I tried to do anything hoping that my wife won't find out.... its cheating. This may be over-simplifying things...

No, I don't think it's oversimplifying at all. Just keeping it simple. If you have to hope she doesn't find out, then you already know it's wrong.

Yeah but. But... But THAT'S DIFFERENT! LOL

sportyblue
21st July 2007, 04:49
Yeah but. But... But THAT'S DIFFERENT! LOL

EXACTLY !! :laugh

Takingabreak
21st July 2007, 08:20
Hi all.

If it were that I was giving a "Friend" a ride in my car, that is one thing, but on a bike, there is going to be some contact, intimate contact, and that is were i would draw the line as being inappropriate.

The other reason is of course, that the spouse don't know of it.

DudleyDoRight
21st July 2007, 08:41
I think there is a huge line between riding with a girl on back and riding with a friend who owns her own bike. Passengers are OK to have sex with. Women who can afford their own bikes are potential mates. What your wife don't know can't hurt you. Wives are like elephants, they never forget anything, and keep getting larger. Don't think for one minute she doesn't have 100 reasons to kill you, so one or two more won't make a difference.:D

merc
21st July 2007, 12:00
...but on a bike, there is going to be some contact, intimate contact, ....

what kind of intimate contact? What is she holding on to?
shit man, she is just sitting there.

I think there is a huge line between riding with a girl on back and riding with a friend who owns her own bike. Passengers are OK to have sex with. Women who can afford their own bikes are potential mates. What your wife don't know can't hurt you. Wives are like elephants, they never forget anything, and keep getting larger. Don't think for one minute she doesn't have 100 reasons to kill you, so one or two more won't make a difference.
and don't forget, wives know everything.

Desertfox
21st July 2007, 13:17
In THEORY there is nothing ostensibly wrong with the proposition. Trouble is this is a bad theory. There is no way you are going to spend this kind of time together, having these kinds of good times, without one or the other wanting something more out of it. IMHO you are asking for a trip to Divorce Court, sooner rather than later. A friendly piece of unasked for advice here......... If your wife or significant other does not ride....RIDE ALONE. Having said that, on rare occassion, I have ridden with rather attractive females that have their own machines, I ALWAYS tell Wifey where I'm going, when I'll be back, and call her via cell phone a couple times durring. :) Even introduce them if chance arises. This kind of thing DEFINATELY needs clearing with the War Department. This is all predicated on the supposition that you are HAPPY with, and want to keep your wife and family, if not, disregard the above :)

Gone
21st July 2007, 17:08
I don't see a problem with it, but I would have no reason not to tell my wife. If I had to hide it from her that would be bad....cause then she would find out and I would be in deep :censor :smoke

misterT
22nd July 2007, 11:35
i still would not ride with a female other than my wife unless it was in a large group.even if she has her own bike, it just doesn't look right and i love my wife too much to let something like that cause problems.

Desertfox
22nd July 2007, 13:11
i still would not ride with a female other than my wife unless it was in a large group.even if she has her own bike, it just doesn't look right and i love my wife too much to let something like that cause problems.

My wife does NOT ride, and having her own machine would be the ONLY way I would ride with another female. Above stated conditions prevailing of course. THere is NO WAY another female would end up in the bitch seat on MY Sporty. Under any circustances. THAT would be divorce city :(

Shai`tan
22nd July 2007, 14:14
I don`t have a SO atm. But the way I see it, there are things I like to call the "sweet things in life". For example. I love seeing a woman who stays in shape. Braids her long hair, nails etc etc etc. No matter wtf she is. Complete strangers. To me seeing those things, these are gifts. And I`d appreciate them SO or not.

Now, I see tons of holier than thou peeps saying they wouldn`t do this or that. Fine. Ya feel that anything like riding with someone who is not your SO is cheating? I feel bad for you. The only thing imho that may be cheating would be sleeping with someone other than your significant O.

Peeps both men and women ARE flirtatious. Riding with someone can sort of be thought of as that. And flirtation, these are another sweet thing in life. It is mostly innocent and free. A gift. Taking it further might not be cool. But taking it for the simple free gift that it is, is 1 of te things in life that make LIFE worth living. As we get older, these gifts get harder and harder to come by.
Ya wanna give those things up? Not me. I would never turn my back on the little things that make life worth living. The things that are rare, innocent, and make me feel alive for even the briefest moments. And while I am recieving said gift, I may be gifting someone else as well. *shrugs* I can only hope. ;p

Can such moments go to far? Yes, if you are willing to take em there. But if ya see em for what they are, appeciate em...... you usually end up just enriching your life. And hopefully sonmeone elses. All ya gotta do is...... ride. ;0) Share a moment in time. Then ya go home and be with your SO. Make her feel glad she`s a woman. lol

883rnh
22nd July 2007, 16:12
Now, I see tons of holier than thou peeps saying they wouldn`t do this or that. Fine. Ya feel that anything like riding with someone who is not your SO is cheating? I feel bad for you. The only thing imho that may be cheating would be sleeping with someone other than your significant O.

It is ok to ride with someone else but don't lie or hide it from the SO. Be honest about it.

sprtrjl
22nd July 2007, 16:56
I have ridden several times with other females on my bike. More times than not it was at my wife's suggestion. I recently had 5 different very pretty and well assembled yound ladies aged 22-25 on my Heritage. None of them had ever been on a bike before. They loved it and I have taken 3 of them on rides again.
I don't have any lady friends that have their own motorcycles. I know some but not well enough to ride with them on a casual basis. The only times I have ridden with a female on her bike was in a parade, toy run, poker run type setting. It is not worth mentioning to the wife (if she was not on back) unless the chick does something stupid or funny. Then I would tell her same as if it were a guy.

My wife works for the government and is gone sometimes for 2 or 3 weeks a month. Last summer she was gone for 6 weeks straight. We trust each other and are not jealous. If we were this would never have lasted 12 years.

I think we all have a little "voice" that tells when we are doing right or doing wrong. If it don't "feel" right don't do it.

gregshubert
22nd July 2007, 17:06
How would you feel if she crawler on with another dude?

I wouldn't like it too much myself.

01Sporty
22nd July 2007, 17:47
Hi All, LTNS,
Interesting thread. I'm not saying these things will always be the same, but;
A gal I work with rides, as does her "b/f" (their relationship has been going down the tubes for a while now). I've never met him, only heard the "stories".
But IMO, she is still someone else's.
Two weeks ago, I was leaving work and so was she. A beautiful sunny day, I had no intention of heading str8 home. She asked if I was going riding, I told her yeah and if she wanted to join me I'd enjoy the company, she did. We were out about a 1/2 hour when her b/f was riding the other way. He noticed her and turned around. As we came up to a light, I took the center of the lane, so she couldn't pull up right next to me. He came up in the lane next to us and started doing everything I heard about in the "stories".
OK, so he has about as much class as a junior high school kid, it was "F this, FU that, you Bi***".
I was OK, until he said "WTH you doing F'ing around with some guy on a Sportster"? I said "Geez, everything I've heard about you is true, you are a jacka**". OK, bad choice of words, he knew she'd been talking. I decided the best thing for me to do was say "GoodBye" and leave, which I did.

The next day, she apologized, stating "I knew it wasn't a good idea to join you, but it sounded like fun. It was nice to just ride and not argue about everything".

SO, even though the ride invitation was purely plutonic, because a third party was involved, things got ugly. It just wasn't worth it.

Ride Safe,

rbcss
22nd July 2007, 18:54
my wife is pretty cool. but if I give a ride to someone that needed to get some where, she wouldn't mind. but to go riding just to go riding, no that's not going to happen!

Grizzly
22nd July 2007, 20:10
I say its no harm...but your wife should know for sure!

sprtrjl
23rd July 2007, 04:02
How would you feel if she crawler on with another dude?

I wouldn't like it too much myself.

She travels all the time with guys she works with. They are on the same flights, stay in the same hotels, share a rental car, go to dinner together and will have a drink together. Sometimes they are in a group setting sometimes they aren't. You make decisions in life, I would rather she be at dinner with some one she knows and works with than to go out alone in a city or area she doesn't know. I trust her and she trusts me. We have both been hurt in the past by cheating spouses. We agreed to never do that to each other.

We aren't 20 year olds, I think some of the jealousy and trust issues are different when you are older and have experience on your side.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

smackie
23rd July 2007, 07:25
My wife wouldnt like it even if she knew about it, therefore if for some odd circumstance I had some plutonic chick friend who i had wanted to ride and my wife knew about it, i still wouldnt do it unless she (wife) was with me. just out of respect for her.

just the same if she was spending some time with some guy.

we are both jealous types and we both accept that. and we can both deal with it from eachother. in fact i like it that she is jealous. very juvenile i know but it works for us.

as far as others, that is each there own thing. deosnt work for me

Takingabreak
23rd July 2007, 08:31
what kind of intimate contact? What is she holding on to?
shit man, she is just sitting there.

Intimate contact can cover quite a wide area of things, I was not saying she would have her hand on my Johnson, Hugging is Intimate, her boos pressed against your back, with her arms wrapped around your waist, as she pulls you between her legs.

Sounds almost pornographic too me.

xbuzzardx
23rd July 2007, 10:20
we are both jealous types and we both accept that. and we can both deal with it from eachother. in fact i like it that she is jealous. very juvenile i know but it works for us.

A little jealousy can be good. It is a sign of passion.

Mike

merc
23rd July 2007, 11:53
her boos pressed aga.inst your back, with her arms wrapped around your waist, as she pulls you between her legs.

man-I want to ride the babes you ride. All the ones I ride just sit there. I don't even know they are there. Yjey either put their hands on their own knees or on my belt. None ever lean on me and press their boobs on me or wrap me up and pull me between their legs.
Man I need new riders

angel1200
23rd July 2007, 20:02

If your friend and someone just happen to be riding together then that's fine. Planning rides and hiding the fact? Not so fine.

The "without their spouse having knowledge" thing sent up red flags for me. I've been cheated on. I've also {unknowingly} been the "other woman." I know the pain that cheating can bring from 2 sides of the fence. The minute someone starts to hide things {no matter how seemingly small or insignificant} is when things are breaking down. Sure. It might start out innocently enough. But is it really so "innocent" if someone is intentionally hiding the fact? I don't care if both have their own bikes or are riding together. It's the secrecy that makes the difference. I've gone on rides without the S.O. that involved another man riding his own bike. But my SO sure as hell knew about it either before or after the fact. I didn't hide it.

So the subject is a sore spot for me. Sounds like to me that someone needs to examine their relationship and their priorities. I know if I were married and I were the wife in question that I'd have more that just a little concern if I found out my husband were riding with another woman {separate bikes or not} and intentionally not telling me or deliberately hiding it.

Rascal
23rd July 2007, 22:48
If your friend and someone just happen to be riding together then that's fine. Planning rides and hiding the fact? Not so fine.

The "without their spouse having knowledge" thing sent up red flags for me. I've been cheated on. I've also {unknowingly} been the "other woman." I know the pain that cheating can bring from 2 sides of the fence. The minute someone starts to hide things {no matter how seemingly small or insignificant} is when things are breaking down. Sure. It might start out innocently enough. But is it really so "innocent" if someone is intentionally hiding the fact? I don't care if both have their own bikes or are riding together. It's the secrecy that makes the difference. I've gone on rides without the S.O. that involved another man riding his own bike. But my SO sure as hell knew about it either before or after the fact. I didn't hide it.

So the subject is a sore spot for me. Sounds like to me that someone needs to examine their relationship and their priorities. I know if I were married and I were the wife in question that I'd have more that just a little concern if I found out my husband were riding with another woman {separate bikes or not} and intentionally not telling me or deliberately hiding it.

Good points, guess you voted for this one?
"Definitely Not The Proper Thing To Do!"

sportytrace
24th July 2007, 02:46
man-I want to ride the babes you ride. All the ones I ride just sit there. I don't even know they are there. Yjey either put their hands on their own knees or on my belt. None ever lean on me and press their boobs on me or wrap me up and pull me between their legs.
Man I need new riders
Hey Merc, Do you have a SO? Does she ride? If so, when she rides does she
hug you, press against your back, hold on tight? I know when I'm riding bitch with my partner, I certainly do... definitely the way Jeffytune describes, publicly acceptable 4play. That is why I'd have a problem if someone was on the back of his bike without my "approval" and vice versa. Sure on the couple of occassions I've ridden behind other guys, it is the way you describe- sit back and don't hang on to the rider (Lucky for me they had sissybars). But I know it can be both ways, that's why I'd have a problem with not knowing who was getting on behind before it happens.

On the other hand, I ride my own cycle with other guys often. My partner is away a bit for work and will often go away for weekends of fishing or shooting. I still ride alone or with various mates when he's away. Most often it's a group, but on the odd occassion it ends up just two of us. I will always send a txt message as I'm leaving saying where I'm going and who else is riding too, even when he's o/seas. It's a courtesy I expect in return. And there are a couple of guys I make a point of not riding with when he's not around as they never miss an opportunity to try to hit on ya. And that just wrecks a good day of riding.

DirtyGirl
24th July 2007, 19:04
I only have guy riding buddies. The ones who are in a relationship have said that they do not tell their gfs/wives that I am riding with them, regardless of whether we are riding in a group or alone. Personally, that's just dumb and asking for trouble.

In my opinion, if I can't tell my significant other that I'm riding with someone of the opposite sex and that's it (no monkey business), then I'm thinking there are other issues in that relationship that need to be dealt with.

Okay... getting off my soapbox now. :)

TheExecutioner
24th July 2007, 19:20
Coming from a girl named DirtyGirl...I guess I thought you were gonna say something different.
hehehe

celtic
24th July 2007, 19:40
ha,

i just got asked by this chick who works here if i'd give her a ride. i don't really know her well...

i told her it would never happen because i don't carry an extra helmet/jacket/gloves, etc.

so of course she basically called me a pussy for being "Mr. Safety"

the real reason is that i'd feel shitty doing it behind my wife's back and i for the life of me can't figure out how to explain to my wife why i would be giving some strange chick a ride on the back of my bike...

it's kinda like the foot massage thing in pulp fiction :P

how would i feel if i 'found out' that my wife went for a ride on the back of some strange guy's bike and didn't feel the need to tell me? i'd feel shitty. i dunno, i guess i'm stupid. but i would feel shitty.

if it was one of my friends that she knew, it would be different. i would just say "oh, i gave mary a ride on my bike", etc...but i'd feel like a douche if it was some random chick...

Gone
26th July 2007, 20:18
Don't put yourself in compromising situations.

--as everyone has hit on, not telling the spouse makes the situation look suspicious, no matter how innocent it really is

--another potential problem, even if you consider it a benign ride together, who's to say there might not be some underlying sexual tension there. Nothing you would ever plan on acting on, but everyone is suseptable to a moment of weakness.

JMHO....

TWIZLR
28th July 2007, 00:50
I only have guy riding buddies. The ones who are in a relationship have said that they do not tell their gfs/wives that I am riding with them, regardless of whether we are riding in a group or alone. Personally, that's just dumb and asking for trouble.

In my opinion, if I can't tell my significant other that I'm riding with someone of the opposite sex and that's it (no monkey business), then I'm thinking there are other issues in that relationship that need to be dealt with.

Okay... getting off my soapbox now. :)

Agreed..I've given rides to women and fortunately my wife is cool. I just tell the ones who do the reach-arounds "you've got 15 minutes to stop that" :smoke J/K

spankey
30th July 2007, 00:55
:shhhh a one night stand can be not so bad.:shhhh

shotgun46
30th July 2007, 13:56
we the wife and I ride with other people male or female it dont matter to us its a ride not sex we have a good marrage and trust so we dont worry about it we just like to ride and cant allways ride together ! she lets me take other wimmen for rides and nothing has or will happen it just a motorcycle ride !

rswhitaker
1st August 2007, 04:45
I guess I'm lucky. My wife wouldn't care in the least. As long as I am up front with it all and don't cross the friend line. I have always had female friends. In fact I met my wife because she was a roomate of a female friend of mine. I could take a road trip with a female friend on the back or riding with me. As long as I didn't try to hide anything my wife would be cool with it. She actually approves of the time I spen with my "approved' female friends because as long as I'm with those friends she knows I'll stay OUT of trouble.

Gone
1st August 2007, 16:02
No problem there, the wifeperson made me take off the pillion pad.

celtic
1st August 2007, 16:58
No problem there, the wifeperson made me take off the pillion pad.

she must be a real hardass ;)

Carl-04XL
13th August 2007, 13:25
As others have said, the 'secrecy' thing is the key.

An, "oh btw, I met SuzyQ at the H-D shop and we went riding over to Charly-Jo's Sycle Shop" would be perfectly fine. Or maybe Jenifer Garner called and set up something ahead of time and I'd just tell my SO that.

As far as "innocent flirtation", my wife knows that I'm not dead and as long as I eat at home, it don't matter which menus I read.

Suppose there was something 'available' and you didn't know it. Happened to me once. Didn't know that this tall blonde knockout wanted me, but her mother warned her off me (they were both in a MSF class I was teaching). But, after my wife left me, I found out. Wouldn't have missed it the first time, except I was married. Didn't miss it the second time.

KC_Sporty_Gal
18th August 2007, 20:26
I went to Alaska with 6 men, none of which were my husband. There wasn't even the slightest hint of anything going on that shouldn't be. I have male friends and my husband has female friends.

I did lose a very good riding buddy once because his wife got all jealous. It's not worth losing a friend over sex in my book.... As a chick who rides, most of the people I ride with are men... it's just statistics. Not a whole lot of gal friends to ride with. I think all the women on this board should move to the same damn town!

As for riding bitch... I rarely do it as I ride my own but I say you should clear it with your wife first. I don't think it would bother me if he said 'so and so wants a ride' but if I felt like he was hiding it from me then that's another matter.

MakuaKane
28th August 2007, 04:53
If I tried to do anything hoping that my wife won't find out.... its cheating. This may be over-simplifying things, but it keeps me happily married (pardon the oxymoron.)

And I don't view cheating as "cheating on my wife." I view cheating as "cheating on my family." 'Cause if I ever got caught, it would break up the family, not just the marriage.

Mike

Yeah, I have to agree witn Mike. 100% CORRECT. One way or another, you're gonna have to sleep in the bed you make.

ejonny
28th August 2007, 11:23
Married and riding separate bikes with another? No big deal. Married and riding ON another? Big Deal!!! :D :D

XLFREAK
28th August 2007, 16:40
It's funny I stumbled onto this thread. The girl who cuts my hair has been asking me if I would give her a ride, and just asked again this morning when I was there. I am almost positive nothing would come of it, but....
You know that feeling you get when you know something is wrong and you can't quite put it into words? I know that if I gave her a ride nothing good could come of it and it would just cause more problems no matter what happend after. As I have mentioned in another post, I am married but we are struggling with some issues and are fighting to stay together. As innocent as a simple ride would be, It would lead to nothing but trouble in the end.

Malc_F
28th August 2007, 19:47
In an ideal world it aught to be OK, but y'know it aint an ideal world, I think it's a risky pastime! What with all that noise vibes and excitement anything might happen! :smoke :wonderlan

unfiguroutable
28th August 2007, 19:51
...without their spouse having any knowledge of it ...

sex has nothing to do with it. hiding a friendship from your spouse is beyond wrong. it is emotional adultry.

hli2
2nd September 2007, 22:12
Agree with most that its all on whether the wife knows or not

rwinkelman
4th September 2007, 05:26
I know my wife would not be happy about it. She won't even let me carry a spare helmet if shes not riding.

evil twin
25th September 2007, 18:26
I Did That Once, I Can Do It All The Time Now Because Im Divorced

Gone
25th September 2007, 19:11
Having an opposite sex riding buddy would be just asking for it.

Stuff happens.

evil twin
25th September 2007, 19:18
It Sure Is, You Try To Keep It Just Buddies But It Doesnt Work, Especially If Shes Hooooooooooooooottt.

Davemandu
25th January 2008, 00:40
I go to sleep next to my wife...I'd like to wake up with my marbles still attached...my vote is that it's a really bad idea.

milmat1
25th January 2008, 02:02
Depends on your relationship, Ask yourself this question : Would my Wife Consider this wrong ? That should tell ya if its wrong or not. Of course this info will have no impact on your doing it anyway !!!

redneck-rider
25th January 2008, 05:36
Well when ya get married,Ya said " I DO" not run my life, If you think you may do something you will wish ya had not done, maybe you should not be married, I love my wife, But every man has the right to live thier life, So if a hot chick wants a ride give to them, just remeber that if your married, you can have fun and dream just think with the right head and there will be no harn done very simple, So is it ok to give a hottie a ride or ride with them, than go for it, if your wife runs your life that much than i have 2 words for you " PU$$Y WIPED" , Ride and have fun doing it, cause my wife will not run my life and to be honest, my wife does trust me and has no problem with me giving other ladys rides on my bike :banana :tour

Crush
25th January 2008, 22:02
I called over to ask if a friend could ride just for the day. She said he wasn't available but she was... luckily another guy was going for the ride also otherwise I would have felt uncomfortable. Just friends but still... felt awkward. She ended up not going... which was fine by me.

Maxanimal
26th January 2008, 01:06
I don't care what Goddess you have at home, if you spend enough time in the company of another woman, sooner or later you will get to wondering.................

ParrotHead
26th January 2008, 01:28
It all depends on the relationship. I have a great relationship with my wife and we trust each other. The key is 1) we trust each other, and 2) I tell her what I am doing.

I would never do anything without her knowing. And if I told her and she didn't like the idea, I wouldn't do it.

At the same time, if she wants to ride with someone else, I would have no problem with it. In fact, I have suggest she go ride with someone on his comfy electra couch to see if she liked riding on a bigger bike.

Besides, how is riding any different than any other activity where one can have fun?

Rehit
24th September 2008, 11:27
have you ever noticed that women can smell each other?
i could give a chick a ride and my wife would smell her on me immediately.
i doubt if the scent would transfer from another bike but i would tell her anyway just in case.
the mere fact of trying to hide something is a dead giveaway.
if there is nothing going on but riding, there is nothing to hide.
if your wife cannot trust you to ride with someone, or give them a ride on your bike, your marriage is not very healthy to begin with.
last time i checked...
a chick asking for a ride on my bike was much different than a chick asking for a "ride"...:tour

jcsportster
24th September 2008, 13:03
Any relationship with someone needs to be open and honest to survive. The fact your already doing it and keeping it from your spouse is not a good sign. Which is more important - your fun with your friend or your relationship with your spouse. You ask people on here for thier thoughts probably hoping to hear what you want to hear...go for it. The only person who can really answer that question though is you. Only you know how deep your love is for your spouse and who is first in your life-you or her. Your heart will guide you in the right direction, just listen to it and not us misfits.

Gone
24th September 2008, 14:04
I would never do anything my significant other didn't know about. Especially riding with another guy. No way in hell... thats just respect for your lover IMO.
He wouldnt care if I rode with the only other person we ride with though. I would be respectful enough to ask though.

sporty01
24th September 2008, 19:18
bottom line the spouse has every right to know before hand that you will be riding with someone of opposite sex.so that if they are not ok with it they can let you know.thats for riding separately. as far as same bike no effin way unless wife says hey honey so and so would like to go for a ride would you mind taking her. then ok but only then.

Kristine
25th September 2008, 00:37
if yer asking the forum....something smells fishy.....;)

drumballer
25th September 2008, 01:13
My lady is really trusting and rightfully so in one of my particular lines of work. She knows who I come home to and I actually have a couple of females that I ride with. My gf knows them and dosent really mind at all. If I had a rear seat and passenger pegs maybe she would get mad she's not with me but I would have to say that if you cant trust each other then why are you even together?

Kobo
10th October 2008, 21:44
I don't think there's anything wrong with riding with anyone as long as you don't hide it from your spouse like a rat. Don't be a rat. If you weren't doing anything wrong, why hide it? When you start doing shady things like that, this is when you're asking for trouble. Honesty is the best policy.

BWB75
10th October 2008, 22:53
Everyone on their own bike? No problem. Her on the back of MY bike? It better be someone that my woman knows AND trusts, which, with women, is RARELY the same thing. LOL. The only part that might cause friction is the "without her knowledge" thing. It's one thing if I go out riding and hook up with some other friend who's out riding. It's another if I PLAN to go riding with a member of the opposite body parts and don't tell her...

Good answer. With the majority, I say that riding with others can be perfectly okay, but there are issues when deception gets involved. Sometimes the deception might be inward, as well as out-ward, as in telling yourself you are just going on a motorcycle ride so its fine, when really you just can't wait to see this other woman.

Other factors, such as the character of your relationship with your spouse and this friend and stuff, are beyond the scope of the discussion.

My wife wouldn't be very upset if I rode with a female from time to time, but if it led to a lot of hanging out and bonding with that female, my wife would not be happy.

Most women are different from most dudes. They generally notice intimacy, while we dudes usually think that if we keep our hands to ourselves we are okay.

So, in short, it is not the riding that counts, or even necessarily whether she is on her own bike or on the back of yours. It's the emotional content that your spouse will care about.

Last thing. The initial question asked whether it was okay to ride with another. There is no general answer. It only matters if it is okay with you and your spouse for you to ride with this woman in this way.

Just my thoughts.