Stage III 04 heads black with highlighted fins
Ignition module
536 cams
Bassani prostreets with covers.

Maybe the hurricane AC

I'm excited

Luckymic
25th May 2005, 01:54
Holy Crap! It'll be a beast. Hope you post some dyno results when your finished. Are you doing the building?

raysheen
25th May 2005, 02:19
NICE!!! That is the close to what I'm looking at getting! Let us know how you like it and post a dyno when you get it done!! :)

Narley
25th May 2005, 03:15
Oh yeah.....ummm hmmmm. good.
Lets see what that set up does .....
it will widen your grin and tighten your sphincter....

Predator
25th May 2005, 03:38
I can't wait...
I have a dyno for cars so i'll see if I can do a run on it this week so I have a comparison.
Luckymic, Yes i'm going to attack it myself. I have a friend with a custom shop and he said I could use it as mine anytime. It will be good to have some experience around me for those little things that always seem to go wrong. The only thing I have to pay for is getting the case machined.
Wife's already told me i'm crazy and she doesn't like the idea. :rolleyes:

txsporty
25th May 2005, 03:42
88 crazy is good!!!! :D

Predator
25th May 2005, 03:49
Hmmmm.. Crazy 88's :danceman

raysheen
25th May 2005, 03:50
Wife's already told me i'm crazy and she doesn't like the idea. :rolleyes:
My wife told me the same thing..."why do you need an 88 inch engine?" she will ask...she will understand once she takes a ride on it :)

ndmp40
26th May 2005, 15:47
My wife thinks her 883 is overpowered :frownthre

You will love the 88, especially with those cams. As I said on another thread you will have monster TQ and HP, and pull higher than mine do to the extra breathing you will get with the bigger heads. :smoke

mordak
26th May 2005, 16:02
I ordered my NRHS 88" kit today. :clap :clap
I'm getting the 88 cylinders Black with highlighted fins
Ignition module
536 cams

Maybe the hurricane AC

I'm excited
It would be cool to know what the total price with parts and labor runs you. Just to have an Idea of what to shoot for. :D

Gone
27th May 2005, 00:33
Ignition module
536 cams

Maybe the hurricane AC

I'm excited

hey cameron, hello. How much do you paid for the kit, if i may ask? are you going to do the job alone?

Aaron

Predator
27th May 2005, 07:21
Yes i'm going to do the work myself.
So far i've spent about $3600. I still have to get it here though.
I haven't got any information on case boring yet. Maybe in 3 or 4 weeks.

Aaron you have a pm. I found you a bike.
1999 883
5000km
$63000 pesos

You have the link in your pm.

Predator
3rd June 2005, 09:34
Updated order,
after speaking a little more with Justin and reading a lot about carbs, I decided to go with the Mikuni 45.
I know it's pricey but I like the idea of improved throttle resonse and at this altitude, 7000', I want to get as much air in that baby as possible.
So now it's
88 Kit
Stage III heads
.536 cams
Ign
Bassani pro streets
Hurricane 3" air cleaner
NRHS pushrod bases.

It's amazing how fast a list can grow. All this started as a 1250 bolt on kit. Cylinders and pistons. nuthin else.

Now I have no cash left for the purdy stuff. Oh well, i'll be going too fast for anyone to really see the bike anyway :smoke :smoke

Bill2
3rd June 2005, 22:03
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's amazing how fast a list can grow.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< That aint no shit man! :tour

indyrednek
3rd June 2005, 22:17
What about the machine work on the cases? Pistons and jugs aleady cut? Check out sportster.org. Someone has done it and has the details. Check it out.

XLFREAK
4th June 2005, 00:08
Ignition module
536 cams

Maybe the hurricane AC

I'm excited

An 88 cubic inch Sportster....Makes me lick my chops for sure. I just might do that myself. Why not just turn my 74 cubic inch 1200 custom into 88 cubic inch custom sporty...I can see it now:

"Sporty eh?"

"Yeah but this is an 88 inch sporty!"

:clap

Let us know how it goes...

Loco
SoCal...

TNsportster
5th June 2005, 04:05
Can't wait to do mine this fall!

Hopefully, my list will be a bit shorter than yours!!! (Yeah, I know, shorter lists mean longer 1/4 mile times but c'mon, I support my family on a TEACHER'S salary;) )

Jesse_Bolt
5th June 2005, 04:54
Can't wait to do mine this fall!

Hopefully, my list will be a bit shorter than yours!!! (Yeah, I know, shorter lists mean longer 1/4 mile times but c'mon, I support my family on a TEACHER'S salary)

Same here. I am seriously considering upgrading to an 88 incher after the Fall Rally in Myrtle Beach. Also looking at the Stage II heads instead of Stage III.

JB

barry1967
5th June 2005, 04:58
I support my family on a TEACHER'S salary

So your saying your overpaid ;)

Jesse_Bolt
5th June 2005, 05:00
I ordered my NRHS 88" kit today.

Going from an 883 to an 88 incher; with those Stage III heads you can say you still have an 88III. :)

JB

TNsportster
5th June 2005, 05:21
So your saying your overpaid ;)

Heh heh...
No, we're all just really hungry!!! :D

Predator
5th June 2005, 19:06
Going from an 883 to an 88 incher; with those Stage III heads you can say you still have an 88III. :)

JB
Hehehe :laugh :laugh

I'm going to keep the stock look for a while so it should be a bit of a sleeper. I'd like to drop the seat and put a wide tire kit among some other things but after this engine build i'll need a year to recover :yikes
I'm really looking forward to the build and the extra grunt.
I'll try and take some pics as I go.

Jesse_Bolt
5th June 2005, 20:18
Hehehe :laugh :laugh

I'm going to keep the stock look for a while so it should be a bit of a sleeper. I'd like to drop the seat and put a wide tire kit among some other things but after this engine build i'll need a year to recover :yikes
I'm really looking forward to the build and the extra grunt.
I'll try and take some pics as I go.

Sleeper is an understatement. A simple twist of the throttle and you'll wake up a monster.

I'm planning an upgrade to 88 inches, except I'll prolly do it in phases; like headwork first.

JB

txsporty
6th June 2005, 02:48
DPT

Sure sounds like your going to have a Monster on your hands!!!! AKA:Sportster :D

I'd love to see the look on the First Twinkie when you completly Blow him away!!!

Predator
6th June 2005, 02:54
I don't think i'll be alot faster than my friends. They're running $50000 bar hoppin' prostreets with 124" motors. But i'm still gonna hang with them I think.

raysheen
6th June 2005, 02:57
you'll keep up well enough...besides you've probably got a couple of hundred pound advantage on them...and if the front end is as long as most of the $50,000 bikes these days then you'll certainly take them in the twisties :D

Predator
6th June 2005, 03:05
I do them in the twisties now. Hehe. It's good fun. What i'll be really happy about is running the SE worked BT's and 1200 conv. sporties. Some guys here think they can't be touched and they only have a basic 1200 conversion. Pistons and barrels. Nobody changes cams and only some change the A/C's so I think they'll be blown away with the 88. That's if I can hang on.
I'm thinking of a different seat now because the Corbin solo provides NO support at the rear. Just doesn't seem to be much available because I want to keep the low look.

XLFREAK
30th June 2005, 18:06
Yes i'm going to do the work myself.
So far i've spent about $3600. I still have to get it here though.
I haven't got any information on case boring yet. Maybe in 3 or 4 weeks.

Aaron you have a pm. I found you a bike.
1999 883
5000km
$63000 pesos

You have the link in your pm.

I know an Indie with a solid reputation who told me that he would upgrade my 74 ci to an 88 ci for close to $2,000...

Loco
So. Cal.

Predator
30th June 2005, 23:28
That's a nice price for sure but being in Mexico I didn't want to go with an unknown. NRHS have a strong reputation and they're easy to deal with so I went with them in some respects, regardless of price. I know I could have saved but i'm paying extra for peace of mind.

BTW. It should arrive this weekend. Yeehaaa :clap :clap

XLFREAK
1st July 2005, 18:39
That's a nice price for sure but being in Mexico I didn't want to go with an unknown. NRHS have a strong reputation and they're easy to deal with so I went with them in some respects, regardless of price. I know I could have saved but i'm paying extra for peace of mind.

BTW. It should arrive this weekend. Yeehaaa :clap :clap

And I'll tell ya right now that your 883 (53 ci) bored out to 88 ci will be hotter than the 883 to 1200 converts for sure. The power added to the weight of the 883 will be a f-cking beast. One badass 883 for sure.

I'm going to head to the indie tomorrow and have a sit down to discuss the 88 ci upgrade to my 74 ci engine. I have an 05 1200 Custom and we both want to sink our teeth into it. Mine will appear stock as well but it will be a BT Sporty...

Loco
So. Cal...

Predator
1st July 2005, 19:14
ONE MORE DAY !!!!!!!!
The waiting is killing me :p :p

Sportster Girl
2nd July 2005, 23:32
ONE MORE DAY !!!!!!!!
The waiting is killing me :p :p

DPT,

You gotta keep us posted! Post some pics if you can...You will be THE MAN with 88".....cool beans my friend.

Predator
4th July 2005, 02:13
Just my luck,
I went to collect my goodies and started drooling when I saw the box just sitting there waiting for me. I was like a kid on chrissy eve and then my dreams were crushed. :cry1 These idiots have taken the parts out of the NRHS packaging and thrown it all in with other bits and pieces. :frownthre The fins on the cylinders have some very minor damage (but damage nonetheless) and one of the heads are ruined. :yikes There are some scratches on the base of the head and a hole like someone hit it with a centre punch. I can't believe it.
I'm really pissed right now so I can't express myself fully and to be honest i'm having trouble putting this into words and I don't want to say something i'll regret.

Oh yeah, I went for a ride today to feel better and i'm still this pissed after it.

txsporty
4th July 2005, 03:16
Man, That's the Sh:censorts!!!!

Hate to hear that!!! Friggin Stupid ASS Customs!!!

Hopefully everything was Insured!!!!

Guess you're going to have to send the broke pieces back!!!

When you get the new parts shipped to you have Nallins go through a Export Broker and he can get things "Customs Cleared" so you won't have the same problems!!! I'm pretty sure this can be done!!

If not have them shipped in Seperate Boxes so when they open them they'll have to put themback in the same box by themselves!! Just an Idea!!

Keep us posted!!

Predator
6th July 2005, 07:45
NRHS are awesome!!!
Spoke to Justin about the problem and we finally settled on sending the heads back and getting them machined down. Quoted $80.. I think this is a great deal.
About the idiots that shipped it, well they eventually apologised and said they felt bad for the whole weekend and they will cover it.
Sooo now it's just a little more waiting until I can start wrenchin.

The shop also misplaced the pipes and intake manifold but they say it should be here tomorrow so I might just go ahead and install the pipes on the stock 883 so at least i'll have the sound for now..

It's going to be a shame (almost) to put the pistons in. They look sweeeeet. I just want to keep them on the dining table to look at them.
Here I go again just lookin at stuff :D :D

Oh and the 3" aircleaner is just plain aggresive. Me likey :p
I'll have some pics soon

mordak
11th July 2005, 23:22
Keeps us posted I'm anxious to see how it comes out. :D

Hanoverfiste
17th July 2005, 16:47
You will be able to call this beast a " Quad Cam 88"

SxysCowboy
17th July 2005, 23:23
you should have no tropuble with the 124" bikes i have very little and i am still 74" weight rider and short tracks will be your advantage

mordak
24th July 2005, 22:55
I don't think i'll be alot faster than my friends. They're running $50000 bar hoppin' prostreets with 124" motors. But i'm still gonna hang with them I think.
Yeah think about the weight difference. I'll bet some of those $50,000 scoots are 700+ lbs and then some. If you're pushin' 110hp in a 550lb bike that's pretty AMAZING!!! :D

Am-hd
25th July 2005, 06:40
*88* is my dream, just when I talk to meccan's they all saw I need diff conrods and cases other wise it will blow apart. Does anyone know what the story is here.

Predator
26th July 2005, 15:39
The guys from Nallin racing (they built the kit) say the rest of the engine and drivetrain will handle the power. I'm stiull having problems with transport and have to purchase another set of heads as the originals are too damaged to put on. So still nothing to report on how it goes.
There are some other 88 conversions here so maybe they can help you.

Am-hd
27th July 2005, 04:44
Thanks DPT , I think these guys are just being over the top with care. I am sure that if you do ride it like a race bike all the time and do not rev harder tha 5500 it will be fine. Just making sure . Just waiting for my tax refund so I can get it sorted. Here is hoping. Just want to see the look on those jap boys faces when I leave them off the line. No replacement for displacement.

Predator
27th July 2005, 19:04
Am-HD,
You'll still have to pick your battles from what i've heard and whatever you do, don't put up slips against a Hayabusa. I saw one run 10.4 in the quarter bone stock at 7000' :yikes :yikes :yikes

Am-hd
28th July 2005, 05:45
No DPT I would not do that , more like a sleeping gaint thing , pull up at a set of lights. sportster looks standard, smile that smile at them they never can refuse and let rip. It is so much fun. The comments I get already is man you can ride that thing. In my mind I thinking man you can not ride that thing. It is all good fun.
So how is the conversion going, got the heads sorted.

Predator
28th July 2005, 07:26
The heads have been bought by the guys that dropped them. Just waiting for the replacements to be machined.

Am-hd
29th July 2005, 04:45
Cool lets me know what the finish product is like, really want a 88 sportster, it has been a dream of mine for quite a while. Hopefully Monday I will find out abvout the tax . Here is hoping I get enought o do it. :wonderlan

Predator
29th July 2005, 15:50
It would have to be a nice tax return.. :banarasta .

rottenralph
29th July 2005, 15:55
Chosse your battles wisely. I suppose if you don' t care if you win or loose(I do it for fun). Some of the rice burners are so fast they don't even make sense. MY sporty is pretty quick and I will goad a rice burner into twisting the throttle but I don't always eexpet to win. The I did not know those things go that fast conversation is always interesting.

stevo
29th July 2005, 16:04
my sporty was one of the quickest HD's around these parts..

and even down the strip I never saw a street jappa get a better 60' time than me...

BUT my gsxr1000 runs mid to low tens with a stock motor and I pull quicker 60's than on the sporty

sporty was 11.8's@114 with high 1.7 60's

gixxer is 10.4's @ 136 with low 1.7 60's

and the gixxer has a more in it... I just havn't bothered to go out to the strip much.

Predator
29th July 2005, 16:07
Some of the rice burners are so fast they don't even make sense.
:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack
They are crazy fast. I would also like have a few runs off the lights just for laughs. I think there would be a few eyebrows raised if nothing else. :banagui

Predator
29th July 2005, 16:12
Stevo,
I'm sure once you get around to putting that kit on your sporty you'll be closer to the gixxer times. You'd have to get low 11's.
BTW what cams are you gonna run? .585's??

stevo
29th July 2005, 16:17
I've got a couple of sets of N9's...so I'm gonna try them and my 0.536's maybe...

We'll see how it all goes and what I can achieve with them and then I'll probably have to get some bigger ones.....like 585's or 647's

I WANT 10's out of the sporty in street trim and I'll keep on developing it untill I get it.... I would expect low 11's easily..and then things will get progressively more difficult..

If it was easy then everyone would be doin it.. ;)

Am-hd
1st August 2005, 05:10
Hey the fun of the race is aways cool, still have not found out my tax return , had to cancel last meet, today is the day. So Stevo I have a 1200s 2001 running boltin SE cams, what do you reckon to be the go ????? .
:wonderlan :D :wonderlan

stevo
1st August 2005, 05:32
Hey the fun of the race is aways cool, still have not found out my tax return , had to cancel last meet, today is the day. So Stevo I have a 1200s 2001 running boltin SE cams, what do you reckon to be the go ????? .
:wonderlan :D :wonderlan

I've got some SE modules here...they increase ya rev limit..which you'll find yaself bouncing off..
With the S models it's easy to spend money and go nowhere..... but with SE bolt ins and headwork and a megacycle 2-1 ya can just squeeze 11's ....
David Stephenson from M&W was running that combo with a few other tricks ;) to 11.5's

Best to give me a ring, will save a lot of time toing and froing .... 0422 13 12 63

Am-hd
4th August 2005, 04:52
Yeah Stevo thanks, I am looking at changing the SE ingition , I have had the heads done, SE cams, 42 mikuni, 2-1 hindle. It seems to pull well. Just thought maybe different cams might make a difference. I think I will look at ingition ,as I am finding out that the se ingition is not diff in curve just increase rev limit. So looking at a revtec but have to change to a VOES from a standard sportster. Will give the man a ring also thanks Stevo

Am-hd
4th August 2005, 04:55
OOPs stevo the mobile is your will call you dude :roflblack

Predator
4th August 2005, 06:55
I'll probably have to get some bigger ones.....like 585's or 647's

I WANT 10's out of the sporty in street trim and I'll keep on developing it untill I get it.... I would expect low 11's easily..and then things will get progressively more difficult..

If it was easy then everyone would be doin it.. ;)

647??? What kind of pipe will you run with that? I'm guessing it's gonna have to be spot on or you'll actually lose alot?? I'm no expert though.

I'll be happy to get mid 12's with mine. (7000')
At the rate it's going you'll be done before me. :laugh Still no word on the replacement heads. I guess i'll give Justin a call and see what's up tomorrow.

BTW. The avatar is a Queensland banana :banarock

stevo
4th August 2005, 11:11
Sorry typo....643's

And yes exhaust will play a significant part in any sporty motor making over 100 HP

I'll be starting off with my Megacycle two into one and then building my own once i have some data to crunch

Predator
4th August 2005, 17:00
Still no word on the replacement heads. I guess i'll give Justin a call and see what's up tomorrow.

Just to clarify, i'm NOT waiting on NRHS. They provide great service which I am more than happy with.
The problem is with a local, Mexican shop. It seems they are hell bent on screwing me.

My apologies to NRHS and I hope I haven't made anyone think twice about using NRHS for their performance work. Service and quality of parts are second to none.
NRHS :banarock :banarock :banarock

Predator
4th August 2005, 17:06
Stevo good luck with the exhaust. Too many variables for me to consider taking on that job. Pipe Length, header diameter, expansion chamber diameter, Baffle length, baffle position. That would take me months by which time I would give up. :frownone
Let us know your results though

aswracing
4th August 2005, 17:31
Thanks, Cameron. We have the heads in stock and it'll take no time at all to get them out once the issue with that shop gets sorted out.

Narley
4th August 2005, 17:37
Sorry typo....643's

And yes exhaust will play a significant part in any sporty motor making over 100 HP

I'll be starting off with my Megacycle two into one and then building my own once i have some data to crunch

Good i was wondering whatthose 647 cams were like. I run the 643 and am happy. they maintain decent low end. The bike makes 100 lbs from 4k and up.
2-1 rinehart also.

TNsportster
6th August 2005, 21:06
DAMN

Wish customs would get their act together!

I'm waiting for an update with baited breath ,here!

Grizzly
6th August 2005, 21:54
My motor is still young....9000 miles. (USMC keeps me pretty busy or it would be alot more) I was planning on waiting until the motor was a bit older to do any stage 2/stage 3 work. But some day Iwill for sure. Also maybe one of those bolt in 6 speed trannies as well! :banadevi