PDA

View Full Version : Weird observation

shameless
4th August 2007, 05:16
This section (solid mounts) is the only year specific section without sticky threads.

I was looking to see if the solid mounts had any of the problems the rubber mounts are having and just happened to notice this strange anomaly. Apparently I need sleep.

Casper
6th August 2007, 22:15
So far, there doesn't seem to have been any overwhelming cry to have anything stickied. Since most of the 'major' things that should be made a sticky are common Sportster issues (like oil or 883/12x0 conversions), the issues are already stickied - just not in this section.

At the risk of pissing off some of my fellow Moderators/SuperMods/Admins (although it wouldn't be the first time), I've seen some sections where there are, in my opinion, too many threads stickied, and quite frankly, some that I don't think should be. I perfer to keep it to a minimum; otherwise, it becomes visually overwhelming and the reader simply skims past it, defeating the entire purpose. That being said, if there is something that you would like to see stickied in this section, feel free to drop me a note about it. I won't promise that I'll make it a sticky, but I will promise that I'll give it serious consideration.

Johnny Wolf
6th August 2007, 22:23
....it's because we have the best "circa" for the Sportster. We don't need no stinkin' problem stickies!

:geek

unfiguroutable
6th August 2007, 22:23
I noticed this when I was looking through all the model/type specific drama we had recenlty. I chalked it up to the two things. the general reliablitiy of the frame mounted evo and the additude/ability of those that usualy rid them.

ReddTigger
6th August 2007, 22:50
We don't need no friggen stickies.

We got the best year bikes. period !

They Don't leak, break down or overheat (usually)
We don't have points, magnetos or computers.

So what if they vibrate.. Reminds me of a joke.

Whats the difference between a vibrator and a Harley?

A couple thousand dollars.

sycle1
7th August 2007, 06:50
We don't need no stinking stickies.
They just clog up the works.
I like em clean mean and functional like my bikes.
I just wish the rest of this forum was like that.
I mean it has a pretty good search function and if you can't find it just ask.
Someone will try to help.

opiewontaylor
7th August 2007, 08:05
We don't need no friggen stickies.

We got the best year bikes. period !

They Don't leak, break down or overheat (usually)
We don't have points, magnetos or computers.

I agree. I'm in no hurry for ecm's, crank position sensors, fuel pumps, and engine mounted swingarms. (I've always gotten a little oil weepage at the shifter shaft seal, no matter how many times I replace it. Don't even care anymore, I love my vibratng frame mount.

koolblue
7th August 2007, 11:41
Hey we could make this a stickie about having no stickies ...

Wait .. that would defeat it wouldn't it :doh

I'm going to bed .....:shhhh

shameless
7th August 2007, 12:09
I'm not asking for a stickie by any means. I just found it funny that the bikes with the 1st major change in engine design (from Ironhead to Evo) and still shaking like it's mixing paint are the ones that have no great long line of stickies. Not even one. I agree, we need no stickies. In fact, stickies are bad. If there are stickies to be had, I hope they come with voluptuous girls covered in syrup, lying naked in a warm southern sun.

ReddTigger
8th August 2007, 15:53
I'm not asking for a stickie by any means. I just found it funny that the bikes with the 1st major change in engine design (from Ironhead to Evo) and still shaking like it's mixing paint are the ones that have no great long line of stickies. Not even one. I agree, we need no stickies. In fact, stickies are bad. If there are stickies to be had, I hope they come with voluptuous girls covered in syrup, lying naked in a warm southern sun.

or in chocolate syrup.. Thats good too..

Considering that the evo sporty (which is really what we have) ran from 1986-2004 thats a good 18 years.

Shoulda left well enough alone. of if they had to. leave the engine and mount it with rubber. but all those changes. and lots of problems..

I'll be buying another SOLID mount sporty if I ever have to replace it.