PDA

View Full Version : Rhino liner painted bike!!!!!

TechRep
28th May 2005, 03:12
I saw this bike in Mississippi. It was painted with Rhino liner (truck bed liner). The thing looked very cool!!!! :clap
The owner was wacking / slamming the bottom of his boot on the fender!!!! :yikes Did not even leave a mark!!! :eek:
It has a sort of wrinkle finish (not unlike the Nighttrain air filter covers).
When you consider you can buy this stuff is all sorts of colors to match OEM colors for the trucks.... It has some possibilties.
I asked if it has been tried on engine parts and he said "not yet".
I woulder how it would hold up to the heat of the heads or jugs?
Huummmm.... :rolleyes:

dabronco
28th May 2005, 03:15
I think flathead would like that!

flskevin
28th May 2005, 03:46
What a cool look, textured gun metal.....and you can carry a toolbox on your tank and it won't slide around!

HrdlyDangrs
28th May 2005, 03:50
In one of my truck magazines a guy painted his whole Jeep. never has to worry about scratching it. Looks pretty cool as well as this bike.

This might be the begining of a new paint trend. :smoke

GRAYFEATHER
28th May 2005, 03:52
Yep my mate has this finish on the under side of his front and rear fender.

Grayfeather.

74FeHeadXLH
28th May 2005, 04:11
In one of my truck magazines a guy painted his whole Jeep. never has to worry about scratching it. Looks pretty cool as well as this bike.

This might be the begining of a new paint trend. :smoke
Yeah....industrial custom, and rhino liner does come in several colors.....I knew a contractor here in town that had an F-350 4 WD van and it had some cancer and dents/scratches general wear and tear from being a work truck....well he got a roll of black astro turf and completely covered the van....looked killer, specially when he added the sidepipes

Grizzly
28th May 2005, 04:14
Wish I had that when I wacked my tank with the ratchet!

dwardy
28th May 2005, 07:41
I'm gonna paint everything in my life with that stuff...house, cars, bike, children, pets, and so on.

:D

chida66
28th May 2005, 08:23
I just want to state from experience that while Rhino makes a decent liner, Line-X makes a better one. If any of you are looking for spray-on liners, take the time to check out both brands. You will see the difference. I have seen Rhinos peel and their finnish is much less uniform than the Line-X.

Line-X is also used to coat the concrete pillars in bomb resistant buildings including the rebuilding of the Pentagon. I have used and worked with trucks that have both BTW.

My diesel truck comming in next month is headding strait to the line x shop and the idea that a future build on a bike could benefit from a spray on never crossed my mind. Neat idea.

lucky13
28th May 2005, 09:04
One of my buds has his honda chop painted that way. I thought he was a kook when I first saw it 4yrs. ago, but I've been seeing it pop up on bikes within the past year or 2. I know sometimes he has a pain in the ass time getting stuff like bird shit off of it. Maybe cause he's lazy and lets it set in for a few days/weeks first. oh well, to each his own.

thunderpaw
28th May 2005, 14:23
Who woulda thunk? I like the look. Reminds me of a friend who painted his Ford van with flat latex via a roller in the 70s...utilitarian.

Kim

xllent01
28th May 2005, 14:42
Feel sorry for who ever rides bitch cause there ass
is going to be sore from sitting on that 80 grit sandpaper.

Give me rattle black over that crap anyday of the week.

phreak
28th May 2005, 18:29
There's a guy here in my town who's got a little yamaha rat painted in that stuff. Personally I think it looks like hell. :frownthre

But the bike in the thread starter looks a lot better then the 'round town rat here. Maybe it has it's place on a bike, but I wouldn't do it to my tank and tins.

mikeLI_77
28th May 2005, 19:03
I just want to state from experience that while Rhino makes a decent liner, Line-X makes a better one. If any of you are looking for spray-on liners, take the time to check out both brands. You will see the difference. I have seen Rhinos peel and their finnish is much less uniform than the Line-X.

Line-X is also used to coat the concrete pillars in bomb resistant buildings including the rebuilding of the Pentagon. I have used and worked with trucks that have both BTW.

My diesel truck comming in next month is headding strait to the line x shop and the idea that a future build on a bike could benefit from a spray on never crossed my mind. Neat idea.

chida66 is correct. linex is much better stuff. my friend put linex on his truck bed and it has lasted very well. he also used rino liner inside his off road jeep and it is good but is not even close to the linex.

Bikerdude
28th May 2005, 19:17
Sheet!!!!!!! I think I like that.. Like to see it up close and personal. Been thinking of doing my Ironhead in a flat or semi-flat black. This just gives me something else to think about..sheesh. I just can't think THIS much...I'm retired now..Need to check out this "Line X" stuff now too. :smoke

bigjnsa
22nd May 2008, 16:13
The bike that parks next to me, a new Dyna, he's got it on the primary case cover, frame, belt cover and on the tanks. It looks surprisingly good.

rider29206
22nd May 2008, 16:18
Why can't i see the picture of the bike?

stevervp
22nd May 2008, 16:25
Why can't i see the picture of the bike?

Maybe because this thread is 2 years old.

TheForce
23rd May 2008, 04:55
You should see the Mythbusters episode where they use it to protect a pickup from bomb blasts. It was pretty cool the truck actually stayed in one piece while the other one without Rhino blew apart.

Takingabreak
23rd May 2008, 06:06
I saw this bike in Mississippi. It was painted with Rhino liner (truck bed liner). The thing looked very cool!!!! :clap
The owner was wacking / slamming the bottom of his boot on the fender!!!! :yikes Did not even leave a mark!!! :eek:
It has a sort of wrinkle finish (not unlike the Nighttrain air filter covers).
When you consider you can buy this stuff is all sorts of colors to match OEM colors for the trucks.... It has some possibilties.
I asked if it has been tried on engine parts and he said "not yet".
I woulder how it would hold up to the heat of the heads or jugs?
Huummmm.... :rolleyes:

I would be worried that it would hold in the heat on engine parts.

Turbota
23rd May 2008, 07:05
If you ever did paint your bike with that stuff ... can you imagine the problems you would have if you ever wanted to remove it for a new paint job!

You would be kicking yourself in the ass over and over!

snowman
28th May 2008, 01:09
If you ever did paint your bike with that stuff ... can you imagine the problems you would have if you ever wanted to remove it for a new paint job!

You would be kicking yourself in the ass over and over!

Just gotta media blast it....:geek:geek:geek

rokclmb
28th May 2008, 01:14
I think it would be a good idea to rhino line the outside of the bed of a pick up truck. That way when I try to get things out of my toolbox while I'm wearing my tool belt, it won't scratch up the outside.