PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Who would of thought?

david
29th May 2005, 08:06
I live in a smallll town in rual Ky. Seven months ago our town elected its first Black Mayor. The man was talked into running by some mean spirted people . The man had a problem with the bottle and hadnot held a study job in years. The mayor in office at the time had ruffled some feathers and certain ones wonted him out The people in question got the man elected with vigorus campaigneing thinking they could get him in and then take control behind the scene. Their plan worked, he was elected. But something happened that they did not plan on. He took the job on with a vengence. He made every meeting sober and conducted his duties with honor. He did his job without prejidice. I am not a Black. I am not writing this to be anything other than a tribute to Mr Thomas. After taking office seven months ago he died this week of massive stroke. In seven months he did somethin that people never thought he would do in over 60 years of his life He left a legacy to proud of. I know people all over the world read this fourm and I wonted to share a little of this backwoods story. Please look over my grammar.

Kenny
29th May 2005, 08:12
Thanks for sharing your story David.

PlanB
29th May 2005, 08:56
I'm not very religious, but sometimes I think things happen for a reason...there are so few Mr. Thomas's in this world, I feel you were lucky to have witnessed his presence and contributions...it sounds like you learned more of human nature personally by being near him!

Takingabreak
29th May 2005, 10:02
It makes one wonder if it were a stroke, or if he got a little help.

pquirk
29th May 2005, 15:31
It makes one wonder if it were a stroke, or if he got a little help.
My thoughts exactly. But then again a life on the bottle combined with the obvious stress of the new job would easily be enough to blow a fuse. Great story though, thanks for sharing it.

david
30th May 2005, 01:34
People say Life is stranger than fiction, works for me.