PDA

View Full Version : Drugs are bad

bsporty
19th August 2007, 17:01
Is smokin weed really bad for you?I mean REALLY bad.
LIke my liver is drying up or somethin.Is there anything it is actually good for?:smoke

flathead45
19th August 2007, 17:09
LIke my liver is drying up or somethin.Is there anything it is actually good for?:smoke

its not got any real medicinal value but its not really bad either, but is alcohol good for you? not at all, but we still allow everyone over 21 to get as toasty as they want

I just don't get it

Hot Rod Sporty
19th August 2007, 17:17
its not got any real medicinal value but its not really bad either, but is alcohol good for you? not at all, but we still allow everyone over 21 to get as toasty as they want

I just don't get it

Actually, marijuana has great medicinal value. It's a great anti emetic (stops you from throwing up) and anti-nausea treatment. It stimulates appetite in people suffering from anorexia. It's an excellent pain reliever!

Don't believe the government hype! There's a prescription product called Marinol that is one of the THC's in marijuana. It's indicated for Nausea/Vomiting and Appetite Stimulation. 10 mg of it has the equivalent pain reducing capacity of 60 mg of codeine.

Legalize (or at least decriminalize) Marijuana!!!!!

:smoke

flathead45
19th August 2007, 17:42
any time I smoke after a few too many beers I heave all over the place, but smoke before beer and all is fine with the world

I agree that it should be decrimanlalized and taxed but that won't happen till they come up with a way to test how high you are at any given point, not just test if you have smoked in the past month or so

I myself would much rather be high than drunk any day, pot doesn't give you a hangover or the screaming drizzles the next morning and it doesn't make you superman of the mouth

as "H.R.S." says "don't believe the government" but also don't believe all the "NORML" bullshyt either both sides are miss leading the truth to get their point acrossed

SportsterBart
19th August 2007, 17:46
"screaming drizzles"

"superman of the mouth"

Heh! True that :clap :laugh

Hot Rod Sporty
19th August 2007, 17:55
any time I smoke after a few too many beers I heave all over the place, but smoke before beer and all is fine with the world

I agree that it should be decrimanlalized and taxed but that won't happen till they come up with a way to test how high you are at any given point, not just test if you have smoked in the past month or so

I myself would much rather be high than drunk any day, pot doesn't give you a hangover or the screaming drizzles the next morning and it doesn't make you superman of the mouth

as "H.R.S." says "don't believe the government" but also don't believe all the "NORML" bullshyt either both sides are miss leading the truth to get their point acrossed

What has NORML said that's misleading?:geek

DudleyDoRight
19th August 2007, 17:59
Huh, what was the question?:confused:

flathead45
19th August 2007, 18:13
What has NORML said that's misleading?:geek

ok, not really misleading but rather one sided, as with any and every other lobbiest group :smoke

flathead45
20th August 2007, 00:27
http://aoxo.gonesville.org/pics/2006-08-01.gif

Snuffy
20th August 2007, 00:58

Gracie Slick said it best talking about drugs, "the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all." Although maryjane is against the law and have ceased from partaking of the nobel weed. I do feel better after a nice bowl full than a alcohol hangover. Bad thing about maryjane is the damn munchies impossible to loose weight:banana :banana :banana :banana :clap

bsporty
20th August 2007, 01:04
Food just tastes better when your stoned!

Paulie420
20th August 2007, 01:41
puff puff pass

sportysrock
20th August 2007, 01:50
I haven't partaken of it in a long time, but I will add the following, I have been so baked before, that I have felt ill. Sometimes you have to know when enough is enough or if it has been laced with something.

Weo
20th August 2007, 01:54
I stopped a long time ago. I don't think the actual "act" of taking it makes you more or less of a person. IMO, its not the potential good or potential bad, its the fact that many people take it to escape life, or alter natural physical processes. It doesn't make a difference if it's MJ or Tylenol, if you're taking it everyday because of pain, or vomiting, or stress then theres something else in your life or with your body that needs to be changed or fixed. Band-Aids are only for temporary issues.

I could really care less about legalization, but I think the economic ramifications of legalization would actually take the money away from Joe-Blow, and put more power into corporations.

DudleyDoRight
20th August 2007, 02:58
Some day you will have to face it, we are all going to get old. Too much partying takes it's toll. (ask me how I know). We don't all have Keith Richard's constitution. Some of us will look like him when we are 40, and some might make it to 60. Some might look fine but suffer from memory lapse and paranoid delusions. Either way, it ain't pretty.

HOGDADDY
20th August 2007, 04:45
"In 1972, President Nixon's Shafer Commission concluded that for marijuana users, the harm of an arrest was significantly greater than the harm from using marijuana". (Marijuana Myths/ Marijuana Facts, Zimmer/ Morgan)

emzdogz
20th August 2007, 15:01
I wish I could just smoke.
Too bad I like beer. sigh...
except for the outlaw factor, just hitting doob's would be so much better...less calories, etc.
But it makes me kinda paranoid and I get a boo boo face.
like waaaaaaaaaaa....
too bad, as I would prefer it in many ways.
But yeah you gotta figure out how to avoid munchies.
'bout makes me wanna f_ck food.

Oh look a Twinkie....

Moved On / My Own Choice
20th August 2007, 17:09
Brandi,

Drugs, ALL DRUGS, should be used with a certain sense of caution.

I'm talking ALL drugs, alcohol, aspirin etc.

Most have common affects, and then no-so common affects.

Different people will always react a little differently.

So when it comes to uh, recreational usage, you have to listen to your own body and look for negative signs.

Bottom line, just about anything in excess will harm us, you just have to figure out what excess means. For some things excess is the slightest amount, for others it means tons.

I think pot is somewhere in the middle, just litte east of red meat or pork and maybe east of aspirin... give or take.

;)

unfiguroutable
20th August 2007, 17:14
great pain killer. that siad self medicating is never a good idea

rdgzoe
20th August 2007, 17:18
I said no to drugs ............ but they didn't listen

Notabiker
20th August 2007, 17:52
I wish I could still smoke it...but I am a retired pot head.

It turns me into a dizzy-blonde-giggling-at-everything, stay-in-bed and f*$k-all-day-get-up-and-eat-everything-in-the-fridge SLOTH, with red eyes. My husband likes it though;)

findangle
20th August 2007, 18:12
it was actually very widely RX'ed for a startlingly wild number of things until the drug company's found out the money was in synthetics. we wont go into the hemp/energy debate suffice to say that once both groups lobbyists were done with their work, it was considered both economically and socially dangerous.

Honestly I'm glad it's illegal but I'm afraid that won't last for ever.. Once it's legal the local quality growers are going to get beat out on price by the tobacco company's.. and i KNOW the quality of the the stuff in a pack of marlboro green's isn't going to be like what the guy over the hill is growing.

Back to the original question.. I've spent the last 25 years with my body. I'm fairly familiar with what it likes and doesn't (aside from what "I" like to do it.) and getting high all night doesn't put nearly as much stress on my system the next day as drinking does.

Moved On / My Own Choice
20th August 2007, 19:28
It turns me into a dizzy-blonde-giggling-at-everything, stay-in-bed and f*$k-all-day-get-up-and-eat-everything-in-the-fridge SLOTH, with red eyes. My husband likes it though;)

Can't imagine why... :laugh :laugh

flathead45
20th August 2007, 20:10

wanna come over and get high ??????????????? :smoke :shhhh

PlanB
20th August 2007, 20:41
http://home.comcast.net/~jldraven/images/towelie.jpg

"I never met a drug I didn't like..."

bsporty
22nd August 2007, 02:12
I dont smoke every single day.I wake and bake on the weekends.I just like to get high and listen to music, or draw.Its like having a beer, sort of.

drd1135
24th August 2007, 02:10
From everything I have read, the worst thing about marijuana is that it is like a really dirty cigarette. This means that if you smoke it regularly throughout your life you'll get problems like any smoker, COPD, cancer, etc. No real good evidence of any other physical side effects. Unless you count bed sores from never getting off the couch.

Hot Rod Sporty
24th August 2007, 20:00
From everything I have read, the worst thing about marijuana is that it is like a really dirty cigarette. This means that if you smoke it regularly throughout your life you'll get problems like any smoker, COPD, cancer, etc. No real good evidence of any other physical side effects. Unless you count bed sores from never getting off the couch.

I know that seems like the logical conclusion, but there's NO scientific evidence of chronic pot smoking causing COPD, cancer, emphysema, etc......

jl_rotary
2nd October 2007, 21:04
its a herb, not a drug

unfiguroutable
2nd October 2007, 21:18
its a herb, not a drug
its a drug, and a powerfull one at that. it just has very few side effects and almost zero medicinal value out side of dulling physical pain.

Paulie420
2nd October 2007, 23:48
its a drug, and a powerfull one at that. it just has very few side effects and almost zero medicinal value out side of dulling physical pain.

i disagree.

its a very mild drug, with several medical values.

it should be legal.

that being said, i'm too stoned to debate about it. it's good tho...

Hot Rod Sporty
3rd October 2007, 00:10

Sorry, dude, but you're completely wrong...

There are MUCH more powerful drugs out there, both illicit and pharmaceutical.

Side effects can be severe (although not life threatening) and include euphoria (obviously, but some people don't like it or can't handle it), dizziness, dry mouth, vomiting, and blurred vision. :smoke

In terms of medicinal value:

1. It's extremely effective in treating nausea and vomiting (like the kind brought on my chemotherapy or other medicines), especially when combined with compazine (efficacy is more than doubled and side effects are reduced).
2. It's extremely effective in treating anorexia (like the kind brought on my chemotherapy or other medicines).
3. 10 mg of delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol (only one of the cannibinoids found in smoked marijuana) has the equivalent pain reducing capacity as 60 mg of codeine.
4. Patients with glaucoma find that it relieves the ocular pressure and pain that they experience, and it's been shown clinically to slow the progression of glaucoma.
5. It's been shown to slow the progression of some brain cancers
6. It's been shown to improve focus and concentration in adult ADD patients.

When congress heard from the experts in 1937 when debating the Marijuana Tax Act, that effectively led to the illegalization of marijuana, they heard from 2 experts. The head of the American Medical Association testified that marijuana was not a dangerous drug and the law was not needed. The other expert, a vetrinarian, stated that marijuana would cause human's canine teeth to grow 6 inches and drip blood (seriously). The head of the AMA was pulled aside and told to go along or leave.... Like I said earlier, it's all about politics, not the public safety...

Rascal
3rd October 2007, 01:50

Damn! That's too bad Bernie (about having a husband).

Gone
3rd October 2007, 02:41
Damn! That's too bad Bernie (about having a husband).

yer a bad dirty old man....:D
we think alike.....:D

Snuffy
3rd October 2007, 02:42
Sesame is under siege, you da man Ernie

HOGDADDY
3rd October 2007, 04:24

Let me tell you how bad cig smoke is........... I smoked cigs for bout 30 years and quit 4 years ago cold turkey and I honestly never realized (I'm sure other quitters are aware of this) cig smoke is downright obnoxious and it took me quitting to realize how awful it is.

Weed smoke on the other hand is rather pleasant imho.

raysheen
3rd October 2007, 13:52
I know that seems like the logical conclusion, but there's NO scientific evidence of chronic pot smoking causing COPD, cancer, emphysema, etc......

There is evidence shown in an 02 JAMA study of how long-term use can cause cognitive deficits though. :laugh

now where the heck did I put my keys again?

Snuffy
3rd October 2007, 15:01
There is evidence shown in an 02 JAMA study of how long-term use can cause cognitive deficits though. :laugh

now where the heck did I put my keys again?

Me thinks thats called OLD age raysheen, I'm not sure but I not sure of anything anymore I think:wonderlan

scubabike420
4th October 2007, 18:36
If you met me on the street you would never know that I have smoked almost daily for the past 20 years. Don't believe the bull about pot.

linkin5
15th October 2007, 15:35
Ah, forgot what I wanted to say, oh well I think I need to eat now anyway

Snuffy
18th October 2007, 19:39
want a fatty

ted
18th October 2007, 19:59
Quit the booze in 1974, smoked pot and hash for a lot of years after.
Ted

milmat1
18th October 2007, 21:01
Easy Question !!

Legalized and Taxed = Good for ya !!

Illegal and/or not taxed = Bad for ya !!!

I agree with Hot Rod on this one...

OutlawTexan67
19th October 2007, 03:13
Yeah drugs are bad if you aint got none!!!!!!

Y2K
19th October 2007, 06:28
It's bad for the inside of your wallet I can tell you that.:smoke
I finally quit a couple years ago,well almost three now and it's been nice saving all that money.
I wish I had all the money I've spent on weed stashed in the bank,lets see now I smoked my first doobie in 1969 at a Three Dog Night concert.
I think there would be a pretty nice nest egg in there by now. :doh
As it is I bought a nice toy with the savings over the last couple years.;)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/y2keglide/1-1.jpg

twoputt35
19th October 2007, 07:14
:smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke I smoked weed for many many years. I started in about 1978 and didn't stop until about 2002. It was what we did when we were young. We did it ALOT! We drank alot too but it was easier to get weed. The only really really bad thing about smoking weed is....that it stays in your system for at least a month. Dam near every employer now uses drug testing as a way of weeding out (no pun intended) even the casual user. Where I work, they take piss and hair if you get hurt or somehow destroy company property . Even if someone hurts you they test you. I see nothing wrong with being able to smoke a nice joint at home after a hard days work. Unfortunately, if I want to keep my job I must continue in my Ward Cleaver ways and fight the urge.

loki03xlh
5th November 2007, 19:23
Say no to drugs!!!

give them to me instead! :smoke :smoke :smoke

Hot Rod Sporty
5th November 2007, 21:17
Why does this thread always pop up on Monday afternoon?

Everybody's stash low after the weekend? :smoke

:laugh

flathead45
5th November 2007, 21:39
ya'all do know that the reason weed is illegal is because way back when a few polititions got together and lobbied agin it by saying that they feared that poor black men would get high and want to rape helpless white women.

look it up some time , here I'll do it for ya :smoke

snipped from "Epoche Wiki http://epochewiki.pbwiki.com/HappyBunnyBlogCausal

So how exactly did marijuana become illegal in the first place? During the 1930’s, somebody lied to Congress. For reasons unknown, these people, led by Harry Anslinger, told Congress that the American Medical Association agreed with the illegalization of marijuana, which, it turned out, was an outright lie. The American Medical Association didn’t even know about it until two days before the proceedings, which proved too late. Also, they told Congress that marijuana caused murder, insanity, and death, all of which have been proven untrue, and for which Anslinger himself later admitted he had no evidence. With all this in mind, why outlaw it in the first place? Why, the answer is racism, of course! During the 1930’s, marijuana was often associated with jazz music and the black community. In order to “protect” the white community, marijuana was outlawed. Before this, marijuana was referred to as “cannabis,” which is the actual plant name. It was given a Mexican name to make it sound more evil. The American people were misled in the 1930’s, and people are still paying for it today

this was also discussed on the history channel but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the show

flatty :smoke