PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Bike Fest 2007

Vegas1200C
23rd August 2007, 06:47
Last weekend of Sept is bike fest. If anyone is interested I would be willing to host a lunch at my place or at a park if a ton of people are coming. I would prefer to do it Sunday around 1 ish. Any thoughts?

Martyvz
23rd August 2007, 07:16
I'd love to, but I have to work on Sunday.

sfxtech
23rd August 2007, 09:18
Last weekend of Sept is bike fest. If anyone is interested I would be willing to host a lunch at my place or at a park if a ton of people are coming. I would prefer to do it Sunday around 1 ish. Any thoughts?
Sounds like fun... I'll bring the hotdogs.

Probably going to trailer my bike though.... :laugh

AeroSport
23rd August 2007, 11:39
I'm in, maybe we can get all the locals together, sounds like a great time..

XLXR
23rd August 2007, 12:59
If my new shocks come in and work as good as I hope, I might be able to come up. I used to live in Vegas.

Nodaclu
7th September 2007, 21:48
Probably going to trailer my bike though.... :laugh

Got room for a second bike on that trailer? :laugh :doh

I'm way out in the SE corner of the valley, and avoid riding "in town" whenever possible. Figure I'll stay alive a lot longer that way. :wonderlan

I kid....I'll be there if I can.

RoadChick
7th September 2007, 21:52
I may be riding over with XLXR for this event.

sfxtech
7th September 2007, 22:17
I'm way out in the SE corner of the valley, and avoid riding "in town" whenever possible. Figure I'll stay alive a lot longer that way. :wonderlan

I kid....I'll be there if I can.
No kidding, I think people are actively trying to kill other motorists. Not just bikers.

Rob Henderson
7th September 2007, 22:26
I'm game.......What can I bring?

Nodaclu
8th September 2007, 01:23
No kidding, I think people are actively trying to kill other motorists. Not just bikers.

I was driving home from running an errand at 5pm yesterday and listening to the Vegas traffic report. She rattled off 13 separate crashes going on at the same time on freeways and surface streets.

There's been a ridiculous number of bikers killed on Vegas streets this year (over a dozen I believe). I'd definitely rather live to ride another day around Lake Mead, or drone on to Searchlight and Nipton then mix it up in town with cagers in the "distraction capital of the world". :doh

There's some places I wouldn't mind having a bike as my primary mode of transport. Vegas ain't one of 'em. :rolleyes:

Nodaclu
8th September 2007, 01:25
I'm game.......What can I bring?

Same here. I've got saddlebags, so anything Vegas needs that will fit in them, I'm happy to bring.

Vegas1200C
8th September 2007, 10:30
Does Sunday work for everyone? Do we want to make a day of it and do a ride down to Goodsprings after lunch or just spend a couple hours eatin and chattin? Anyone interested in meeting at a bar Sat night? I'm a huge fan of coleslaw by the way.

Rob Henderson
9th September 2007, 23:03
I don't have saddlebags but I have lots of bungees or a backpack.

Paulie420
10th September 2007, 01:32
I am planning on riding out to this event too...

I have several friends in Vegas, so I'll be doing motorcycle stuff, gambling stuff, friend stuff, and now BBQ stuff. :D

Woohoo!

Let me know if it's on, and if you need anything. I will be riding from Phoenix.

Hope this year is, as they planned, cooler than previous and all that good stuff. Wohoo!

XLXR
11th September 2007, 07:11
I have a long list of IF's to meet before I will be sure if I will go up to Vegas.

Part of my concern is the heat and traffic returning to LA on Sunday pm. I may come up early Sat morning, but have to leave by 12 Sunday am to beat the heat and traffic.

Anybody else from So Cal going up?

RoadChick
12th September 2007, 02:33
I have a long list of IF's to meet before I will be sure if I will go up to Vegas.

Part of my concern is the heat and traffic returning to LA on Sunday pm. I may come up early Sat morning, but have to leave by 12 Sunday am to beat the heat and traffic.

Anybody else from So Cal going up?

I wanted to go, but now I can not. I signed up for this charity bicycle ride and now I have to spend all my free time riding my bicycle.

bear
12th September 2007, 02:47
i wont be able to ride on sunday but i will be at bikefest fri and sat sat night bar hop souns great just say where and when.

XLXR
14th September 2007, 19:55
I won't be going up. Had my appendix removed yesterday morning.

Vegas1200C
18th September 2007, 15:01
So far this is looking like mostly locals so we can do it at my place on Sunday. PM me for directions. 1 PM till whenever, burgers dogs and sodas plus what ever you guys want to bring.

There are a ton of Vegas members lately and we really need to start riding as the temps are right. Let's make this the first meet.

jrossty
18th September 2007, 15:16
I will be flying into Vegas saturday evening sept. 29th... Found that renting a bike for a few days will cost me upwards of $300 :( Is there festivities for Vegas Bike Week??? Concerts, tents and whatnot???

I'd like to stop by when I'm out there as I missed the SEMA auto show last year and have been kicking myself ever since for being out there and not knowing what was going on...:doh

Vegas1200C
18th September 2007, 23:05
eaglerider rent cheaper if they still have anything available. The 883 should be under $200 a day.

http://www.eagleriderlasvegas.com/bikes.htm

As far as bands, this is Vegas. There are always concerts somewhere. Nothing really specific to Bike Fest at night but they have bands all day at the vendor village.

Vegas1200C
19th September 2007, 14:37
The bbq will be at one in the afternoon on Sunday 9/30/07 in my garage. Anyone in Vegas is welcome. PM me for directions.

Keith

mdaycb
19th September 2007, 14:47
I would love to come, but I am back ini Korea, so I will have to take a rain check, I would love to meet up with all the Vegas sporty riders, I will be back sometime in early Feb, I know its still kinda cold then but it should start getting warmer soon after that. Anyways I hope everyone has a great time at the BBQ and bikefest.

Vegas1200C
19th September 2007, 14:58
I use the excuse of being too hot to ride but never too cold. As long as it isn't 30 degrees and raining, that is just miserable. Give a hollar when you get back and we will hook you up.

jrossty
19th September 2007, 14:58
eaglerider rent cheaper if they still have anything available. The 883 should be under $200 a day.

http://www.eagleriderlasvegas.com/bikes.htm

As far as bands, this is Vegas. There are always concerts somewhere. Nothing really specific to Bike Fest at night but they have bands all day at the vendor village.

Thanks for the info... Looks like I may wait and rent a bike after Bike Week so save $45 bones :D Not sure yet if I'll be able to make your BBQ Vegas1200C, as my plane gets in Sat night, and I think my hosts have plans for Sunday. But I really appreciate the offer, (that and you never know... I might be some seedy-scruffy-looking-smelly dude who you wouldn't want hanging at your house :D )

On a side note, I don't think I'm gonna have enough $$$ for all I wanna do while I'm in Vegas, damn...

Vegas1200C
19th September 2007, 15:04
You really need to get out of Vegas to do any riding anyway. The city can be pretty dangerous to ride in and the 3 places outside of town to ride will be busy already so you are probably better off waiting.

You are still welcome if plans change. The meal will be served in my garage and I have a garden hose if you are too smelly.

Don't let anyone know that you don't have a lot of money or the will turn you around at the airport. Vegas is funny that way.

jrossty
19th September 2007, 15:24
You really need to get out of Vegas to do any riding anyway. The city can be pretty dangerous to ride in and the 3 places outside of town to ride will be busy already so you are probably better off waiting.

You are still welcome if plans change. The meal will be served in my garage and I have a garden hose if you are too smelly.

Don't let anyone know that you don't have a lot of money or the will turn you around at the airport. Vegas is funny that way.

Well I just realized I'm a moron. :doh I arrive sept 22nd, this saturday, so I probably will be able to make it the next weekend, god :doh . I have a car rental from tuesday-to-tuesday, so I may "cage" it to your place. I'd like to meet some XL forum members outside of Ohio...