PDA

View Full Version : Sportster and Buell riders in (near) Kaiserslautern Germany

bplinson
7th April 2010, 16:57
Since I am new to the Kasierslautern area I am looking for other Sportster and Buell riders who might want to meet on weekly basis for a ride out.

If you are in the area and are interested in something like this let me know.

Ich spreche auch Deutsch!

bplinson
8th April 2010, 06:46
Bump for the morning people.

Groovie Ghoulie
8th April 2010, 06:53
I am outta Bamberg with the 173D Airborne. unfortunately were in Ass-crackistan right now, but we have alotta guys that ride when we get back...

In fact I distinctly remember that within a week of getting the bike, a pretty cool guy who was working in our maintenance bay literally ran me down and gave me the card for this website, glad he did too! sound familiar?

bplinson
8th April 2010, 09:13
Yup....I think that was me!

I have seen quite a lot of Sporties over here in the K-Town area. I need to start putting cards on them and maybe put an annoucement in the Kaiserslautern American paper and ramstein.bookoo

Will be back up to Bamberg soon to do some more fielding.

Get back to Germany soon!

BlueMoonSally
25th July 2010, 04:12
there are a few options for you... you can talk to Eddie at Landstuhl... he is the sales rep for HD there and also the HOG Director for Ramstein Mil Chapter... Or, you can restart the Green Knights Chapter there in Ramstein (we can help you with that) or, you can come up to Spangdahlem on the 6th and 7th of next month and come to our Rally.

Anyhow, there are alot of options....

Jerry

Groovie Ghoulie
25th July 2010, 05:42
I know me and my riding buddy are gonan be back in early october, and we are planning a "last hurrah" before winter shuts us down In the Bamberg area we are riding up to Pottenstein, our favorite spot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pottenstein,_Bavaria

projectracerabbit
5th August 2010, 06:35
I am down for a ride. As long as I don't have my kiddo.

Skid
5th August 2010, 07:43
Live about 35 klicks away from K-town. Ride frequently with Eddie (You can find him at KMC 3 days a week). Right now on Vac with the family. won't be back untill the 20th. but just leave message hear and I'll can get back to you.

Skid

gretzkymullet
5th August 2010, 08:24
Wish I was still in K town to ride with you... beautiful place.

chiman72
14th August 2010, 04:22
Anybody Around?

Skid
19th August 2010, 11:43
We got a ride on Sunday from K-town into the Odenwald. We'll be visiting a dealer for lunch and a tour of his facilities.
The Name is V2 Service Odenwald

http://www.v2-service-odenwald.de/pageID_8256171.html

Meeting point is Pulaski Barracks Shopette in Kaiserslautern

Skid
19th August 2010, 11:44
Meeting time is 9:30 am

GoldfishPimp
19th August 2010, 11:50
Man... what I wouldnt give to do some riding around there. I havent been in that area since 91'; back then there was an MC called "The Lords" or The Lords of Germany. We used to hang with them in a few pubs "Hiney's" and The Alt. Anyone know if that MC is still around? I had a good friend who was a member and have searched online with no luck.

chiman72
19th August 2010, 12:34
How many people total are showing so far? I might be a go.

chiman72
19th August 2010, 12:39
Just a warning, I have a Sportster 48 and my tank is the size of a coke can, so I will have to stop in between to fill up.

Skid
19th August 2010, 13:00
Well if you show up that will be three that I know of. There may be more from the K-town area that will show up.

texasxdevil
21st November 2010, 06:46
Sorry i am extremely late on this, as of June i have been in Afghanistan but when i get back next month i am down to atleast meet and discuss...aka have some beers. I live in Vogleweh housing and a good friend of mine( he rides a big twin, but he is a cool guy anyways) Are always looking for some MFers to ride with. I will let ya'll know when i get back to Ramshaft and see what is going on.

BlueMoonSally
30th November 2010, 03:35
LOL... Ramshaft :laugh

Anyhow... I was thinking about doing a few rides with you guys down there in the spring, while Mom goes to the KMCC or KMCD or what ever they call that damn thing... :lol::geek

texasxdevil
30th November 2010, 08:17
BlueMoon, where are you at? I know some really good roads around the area and some good ones north of K-Town.

BlueMoonSally
2nd February 2011, 12:01
I am at Spangdahlem...

combatwombat
10th February 2012, 22:54
I know its an old thread but now seems like a good time to get it going again. Hopefully in the next month or so the weather will start getting rideable again. Im in ansbach, I have the only sporty around here from what I have seen but i'll ride over to Ktown if someone is organizing any rides in the future. I am planning on doing an overnight trip to the Bastogne area for some tasty tap beer in april before I deploy if anyone is interested, you all are rite on the way.

chiman72
11th February 2012, 08:53
Man your a million miles away! I have a couple buddies down that way but are Reservists so they aren't on base much. I'm up in Kaiserslautern and my brothers are up in Wiesbaden. Send me your email and I'll hit you with some dates for events with local clubs and Rallys. Also check us out.

Socket, Road Captain

www.daggermc.org

bplinson
11th February 2012, 14:54
Would be cool to get some rides together this summer. I am in K-Town and there are a bunch of Sporty riders.

I am sure there are more Sportys in Ansbach....just too damned cold to ride right now.

combatwombat
15th February 2012, 06:04
Would be cool to get some rides together this summer. I am in K-Town and there are a bunch of Sporty riders.

I am sure there are more Sportys in Ansbach....just too damned cold to ride right now.

for sure. let me know if any plans come up when the time comes. Thanks

JackAttack
1st March 2012, 18:25
I just got orders to K-town!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! See you fellas in September!

KSWind
1st March 2012, 21:05
I just got orders to K-town!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! See you fellas in September!

Make sure your MSF card is less than 3 years old when you get here. Especially if you are active duty. They are kinda hard on loud exhaust here too. Passing inspection might be a pain if you don't have a stock system.

JackAttack
2nd March 2012, 08:04
Make sure your MSF card is less than 3 years old when you get here. Especially if you are active duty. They are kinda hard on loud exhaust here too. Passing inspection might be a pain if you don't have a stock system.

Good to know. I have a bassani pro-street on right now and a supertrapp kerker 2:1 waiting to go on when I get home from my current deployment. Hopefully one of them will work.

combatwombat
2nd March 2012, 09:56
Good to know. I have a bassani pro-street on right now and a supertrapp kerker 2:1 waiting to go on when I get home from my current deployment. Hopefully one of them will work.

If your bike is less than 10 years old, you can register it for 2 years to avoid the yearly inspection. Just make it quiet enough for the inspection, I think its 98 db.

JackAttack
2nd March 2012, 10:29
If your bike is less than 10 years old, you can register it for 2 years to avoid the yearly inspection. Just make it quiet enough for the inspection, I think its 98 db.

It's an 06, so that's good. I'm going to try to pick up a set of stock pipes before I go. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that it's going to be louder than 98db.

bplinson
2nd March 2012, 11:27
I just contacted vehicle inspection and they told me 95db. I always put on my stock pipes when going through inspection. Your Bassanis definately will not pass. You could probably get the Kerkers to pass with some extra plates.

My stock pipes just make it.

JackAttack
2nd March 2012, 14:01
I just contacted vehicle inspection and they told me 95db. I always put on my stock pipes when going through inspection. Your Bassanis definately will not pass. You could probably get the Kerkers to pass with some extra plates.

My stock pipes just make it.

Do you rent those stock pipes out? :D

bplinson
2nd March 2012, 14:31
My Sporty is a 2002 so they won't work for your 2006. Sorry. But if you can figure out how to make it work you are welcome to borrow them.

jojoenglish85
29th April 2012, 19:52
Can't wait guys, ill be in Landstuhl in september with my family, hope to meet some of you guys and yall can show me the area while we ride.

KSWind
29th April 2012, 20:24
When you get here make sure you get your MC license right away. If you are a service member you need an MSF crd less than 3 years old. Also, ensure your exhaust is less than 95 decibels. I got here last August and couldn't get it all done til January.

jojoenglish85
29th April 2012, 20:26
My bike is all stock, no mods, and i got my msf card last year. I hope its not too much hassle for me to get my license.

KSWind
29th April 2012, 20:33
Remember that the regular car license orientation and testing is different than the MC one. I didn't know that and had to sign up a second time for the MC orientation and test. With missions and bureaucratic red tape (the reg changed recently) I didn't get the license until NOV and then the regiatration until JAN.

rottenralph
29th April 2012, 20:39
Sounds like you are on your way to the first annual Sportster and Buell Rally in K-town. Wish I was still over there.

jojoenglish85
29th April 2012, 20:40
Damn that sucks, i will remember to ask them about the MC one when i get there to do my regular one as well.

jojoenglish85
29th April 2012, 20:41
tell me more about this annual rally please, sounds interesting.

JackAttack
14th August 2012, 01:24
tell me more about this annual rally please, sounds interesting.

I'd also like some more info.

KSWind
14th August 2012, 07:57
I don't know of any Sportster / Buell gathering in the K-Town area but there is a Motorcycle Day in Landstuhl on 26 AUG (1000-1800?). There is always the Johanniskreuz every Saturday too.

http://www.johanniskreuz.de/index.php?rubrik_id=1&PHPSESSID=gdma1hq6atkpg5cfm57eueed71

They list local events on their website as well as the West Pfalz Biker web site.

http://www.westpfalz-biker.de/

prince_ofdarknss
6th November 2012, 22:42
I know this is an old thread but i heard someone mention Pottenstein, That is an awesome place the Devils Cave is there I went there twice once in a cage and once on my sporty, I live about an hour in the other direction (Fürth) But Bert already knows he hand delivered my 2011 calendars, but now that my Hog is on the road maybe i can hop up for a ride, Oh and I am a winter rider so don't be afraid to start something up

I also speak German, and work for a Motorcycle dealer so anyone in the area need anything let me know i can hook you up (cert. Harley Tech)

bplinson
7th November 2012, 16:16
Whenever you are in K-Town look me up!

prince_ofdarknss
9th November 2012, 23:15
Will do. . . same for you if you get towards the Nürnberg Fürth area!

ndm101
6th January 2013, 22:34
Hey guys I'm new here too should be getting my bike inspected this week and hopefully can get out and ride this weekend. Hopefully we will have some good weather. Also, I need to get some extended throttle cables and and extended clutch cable. Is there someone locally that can make these or am I better off ordering online. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

prince_ofdarknss
6th January 2013, 22:41
Hey guys I'm new here too should be getting my bike inspected this week and hopefully can get out and ride this weekend. Hopefully we will have some good weather. Also, I need to get some extended throttle cables and and extended clutch cable. Is there someone locally that can make these or am I better off ordering online. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Yo bro first off welcome and there is a great webpage I order from and they deliver within 1-2 business days www.wwag.com they have everything from new stuff to custom and early shit too like 1930's

ndm101
6th January 2013, 22:43
Great ill check into it. Also, would you happen to have a connection or place where I can get a good ECE helmet and not spend 300€

prince_ofdarknss
6th January 2013, 23:10
Arai helmets best money can buy