PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

barry1967
14th November 2004, 22:23
It snowed here. :mad: Think it's time to put the bike away.

txsporty
14th November 2004, 22:51
Damn I hate to hear that!!
It's raining like Hell here but should clear up in a couple of days, then Nice South Texas Weather again for a bit!! :D

flathead45
14th November 2004, 22:56
just put some simon & garfunkle in the walkman and hit the road " slip sliding away "

SportsterBart
14th November 2004, 22:58
We still have some nice days during the winter. I plan on riding as often as possible, but it is definitely time to put the windshield on.

Bart

Broncodog
14th November 2004, 23:09
Now I know why I pay so much to live in sunny Socal :rolleyes:

GregD
15th November 2004, 07:21
Me and Momma rode 300 miles on Saturday. 78 Deg hi to 65 Low.

Sorry about your luck of living in the North.
There are a lot of homes for sale since the weak of heart left town after the hurricanes.

Ride Safe,
Greg....

raysheen
15th November 2004, 13:42
Snow in Maine and New Hamphire as well....time for winterization...oh well...kept it out longer than I did last year...just think, May isn't that far away!! :p

01Sporty
15th November 2004, 23:35
78 Deg hi to 65 Low.
There are a lot of homes for sale since the weak of heart left town after the hurricanes.

Ride Safe,
Greg....

Well Greg, when I lived in Indialantic, there weren't any homes in Palm Bay...

Just cows :D

But I sure miss it, especially with winter coming up fast.
Speaking of winterizing...
I went to the gas station this afternoon (I always use the same station, same pump), to top off the tank and get ready for storage. The dang pump messed up, I pulled the handle slowly to start the fuel flow and got nothing. Suddenly gas belched from the nozzle, spraying the tank, seat, the top of the engine and me! Whadda mess!
I think that's a hint it's time to say goodbye to riding for this season.

Regards,

txsporty
15th November 2004, 23:43
01Sporty,

That sure is a bad way to end a riding Season!!!!

XLFREAK
18th November 2004, 03:26
The riding season is just starting for us Floridians, the rest of the year Florida is unbearable.

cantolina
18th November 2004, 03:37
I figure I have LOTS of days yet to come before year's end....and I live just outside of BUFFALO!!!!! :shhhh (Keep it quiet, willya? housing costs are ridiculously LOW, and I'd like to keep it that way) :shhhh

I know I'll be out tomorrow (near 60, calm) and maybe Friday before some weather MIGHT rule it out.... :censor

I put a woodstove in the garage...she won't get winterized....just well-protected, and waiting for a sunny January day around 60 with dry roads...

:clap

And my Father is supposed to ride up from Atlanta this weekend! :yikes

Further proof that the apple doesn't fall far......

Moved On
18th November 2004, 03:53
I'm with you Chuck... It's been Low 32 High 50 all week here in Syracuse NY (Chucks right don't laugh, houses are affordable, I have a 15 year mortgage). I've ridden to work every day this week. Don't know when I'm gonna put it away.

Gary

Darhawk
18th November 2004, 04:03
Finally, the rain is starting to move outa here. It was beginning to get very un-Texas like..........bout ready to trade the scooter in on a Sea Doo if'in it didn't stop:cry1

cantolina
18th November 2004, 13:29
Darhawk-

I never knew how to spell "if'in" before...

Thanx!

:laugh

And Gary- my house in the city is a 15 yr...... woo hoo!

:clap

:smoke

GregD
18th November 2004, 18:35
[QUOTE=01Sporty]Well Greg, when I lived in Indialantic, there weren't any homes in Palm Bay...

Just cows :D

01 Sporty,

We still have our share of the cows out here in west Palm Bay, some of them are even bovine! Man have we got a lot of fugly women here lately. Gotta go to the beach bars to see the cuties.

I see you're in Cleveland, I'm a former Buckeye myself.

Ride Safe in the snow.

Greg....

01Sporty
18th November 2004, 19:25
Nice meeting you.
I was raised in Cleveland. I lived in Fla. in 1979-80. Should have stayed there, but came back for a job. I get back to Fla. at least once a year, either on business or vacation. My son and I will be there for Xmas this year. Can't wait to get to Space Coast Harley on US1.

Regards,

GregD
18th November 2004, 23:19
Dave,
Nice meeting you too.

I should be home in Palm Bay at Christmas.
Leaving for Bogota this Sunday for a 2 + week job.
PM me when the time draws near and we'll arrange to fire up the grill and talk bad about the world :smoke

Greg....

skooter
8th December 2004, 01:32
As long as there isn't snow on the road or in my back yard so I can get the bike out of the shed I'm rid'n. Didn't get stuck in the shed till January 3 rd earlier this year and got free first week in march. Cold or wet doesn't bother me I just dress for it and go.

xllent01
8th December 2004, 02:01
[QUOTE=cantolina]I figure I have LOTS of days yet to come before year's end....and I live just outside of BUFFALO!!!!! :shhhh (Keep it quiet, willya? housing costs are ridiculously LOW, and I'd like to keep it that way) :shhhh

I know I'll be out tomorrow (near 60, calm) and maybe Friday before some weather MIGHT rule it out.... :censor

I put a woodstove in the garage...she won't get winterized....just well-protected, and waiting for a sunny January day around 60 with dry roads...

You could always put ski's on your sportster and slide down that 2 mile
hill into the village of Warsaw. If you bump your head they can always take
you to the hospital right down the street.
NO seriously beautiful country in the summer but hell in the winter.
All the jobs left thats why you can buy property cheap. All the farmers
now drive to the city to work. LOL