PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe what I saw today

my1200
20th May 2010, 23:34
I wish I couldve taken a pic.
Here's the scenario.
Busy Philadelphia street around noon. Traffic is pretty heavy. Average speed 35-40 between lights. Lights are on average 1/8 to 1/4 mile apart with a multitude of side streets and driveway exits from stores and strip malls.
The kind of street you don't enjoy riding on.
Then a spot some young idiot riding his scooter, radio blaring rap music, no helmet and all the while yapping on his cell phone!!!!
This guy has gotta have a death wish!!
The sad thing is, some poor shmuck like me, being carefully and safe is the one who'll end up getting hit by a cager.
Sorry for the long rant, I just had to share it.
And for those familiar with Philadelphia, the street was bustleton avenue.

bud095
20th May 2010, 23:39
young idiot riding his scooter, radio blaring rap music, no helmet and all the while yapping on his cell phone!!!! thats the kind of guy who will end up killing someone and get away with it:censor

floorit
20th May 2010, 23:39
I'm an inteligent design kinda guy, but stuff like that will make you believe in evolution.:doh At very least that Darwin wasn't all wrong.

FatboyLen
21st May 2010, 04:57
It's amazing that any moron can buy a scooter and jump on it and go. They aren't required to have eye protection or a helmet. Don't know how many times I've seen kids on them trying to race each other and treating them like a toy. I can't stand having one ahead of me at a stop light, they have no get up and go, so I get on it and pass them.

SirAsh
22nd May 2010, 04:24
where on bustleton? I've seen stuff like that up by roosevelt mall, people are dumb

floorit
22nd May 2010, 04:30
I saw 3 kids, 2 on scooters, and one on a shadow all three lined up at a stop sign 3 abreast. They looked like they thought they were THE SHIT. Oldest one might have been 17.

my1200
22nd May 2010, 04:41
where on bustleton? I've seen stuff like that up by roosevelt mall, people are dumb

Yup, right at the mall. I first saw him around Solly, he turned at Tyson.

SirAsh
22nd May 2010, 05:47
people around the mall are idiots, I think it might be a requirement to drive near it, that's why I won't take cottman home, I've almost been hit too many times there and near ne high by people not looking and on cell phones