PDA

View Full Version : Chuck's "Idiot Wrench" Tip of the Month

cantolina
15th June 2005, 17:40
You regulars out there know I've been dickin with my primary the past coupla days...

Heard a fast "bell" kind of sound, and thought to check the primary...Good Idea, right? :p

When checking the free play on your primary chain, lift UP..don't push DOWN...:laugh

This will ensure you actually SEE free play...lol

Got her back into spec this morning, and MOST of that "bell" sound has gone away....

I say most, only because my ears are sensitized to the sound now...but for all intents and purposes, its really not much of a player anymore...

To Jimbo: Recheck your primary free play, since you knew EXACTLY the sound I was talking about... :)

Preacher
15th June 2005, 18:28
Lefty Loosy, righty tighty? Don't feel bad, we ALL do it.

Two days ago I spent 1/2 hour trying to get the pivot out of the brake rod using an allen wrench before I discovered it was a star bit I needed... then it came out in 10 seconds.

dwardy
15th June 2005, 19:09
I'm trying to figure out what would cause the "ringing". If the chain was too tight, it'd whine. If it were too loose, you'd hear rattling, perhaps even the chain slapping againt the inside of the case. Plus it feels "jerky" as hell. The only thing I can thing of that might make it "ring" would be a worn off tensioner.

cantolina
15th June 2005, 19:23
I'm trying to figure out what would cause the "ringing". If the chain was too tight, it'd whine. If it were too loose, you'd hear rattling, perhaps even the chain slapping againt the inside of the case. Plus it feels "jerky" as hell. The only thing I can thing of that might make it "ring" would be a worn off tensioner.

The primary was loose....

Jimbo999
15th June 2005, 20:56
To Jimbo: Recheck your primary free play, since you knew EXACTLY the sound I was talking about...

Will do..........I'll post back asap