PDA

View Full Version : Get together in Boise

kellen
11th July 2010, 21:34
We need to organize an XLF get together out here.

beornj
11th July 2010, 21:44
I'm in. Whattaya got in mind?

kellen
12th July 2010, 06:46
Well, there are a couple things going on this weekend. I was thinking about cruising up to McCall on Friday or Sunday for the Bike Fest. I am also planning on going to Pro Power Performance for their ride in bike show and swap meet on Saturday. Todd and his crew there are super nice guys are are really Ironhead and XL friendly. I make a point to support them whenever I can. Might be cool to meet up with some other XLFers and all cruise to Pro Power on Sat. What do you think?

beornj
12th July 2010, 18:33
I'm cool with going to Pro Power on Sat. I've got a friend who rides an ironhead who might go. He's not big on the forum thing, but he's technically a member here cause I got him to post here once about a year ago. There's another XLFer in Boise that I already ride with, but he might have to work saturday. I'll make sure he sees this thread. I don't know of any more of us around here:dunno, but maybe if we bump this enough we'll find a few more.

kellen
12th July 2010, 19:44
Cool, I wish we could send out a mass PM to the Idaho members. It'd be good to see some more sportys there. I was there for the last show and there were only a few of us. Would you want to meet somewhere are ride in?

beornj
13th July 2010, 18:47
I'm up for meeting somewhere before the show. I wouldn't mind getting a ride of some sort in even.

I emailed the XLFer I already know, and he says he's in. 11:00 works best for him. I was hoping he'd have posted to this thread. His handle is Myndset (in case he does confirm here).

My buddy's ironhead has a blown oil line, so thats what he's doing saturday. So it looks like three sporties so far. Do you mind if non-sporties ride in with us?

Do you have any ideas where to meet? I'm in the North End, and Myndset is in south Boise. I wouldn't mind meeting at the Crow, and maybe taking a jaunt up to Hilltop (the Kodiak Grill), or even all the way to Idaho City, before going to Pro Power.

beornj
13th July 2010, 19:02
Cool, I wish we could send out a mass PM to the Idaho members. It'd be good to see some more sportys there. I was there for the last show and there were only a few of us. Would you want to meet somewhere are ride in?

I searched the member list for anyone who had Idaho listed as their state, and came up with a whopping three members in the Treasure Valley (besides us) who have posted in the last month. I pmed an invite to each of them. I'm sure there's more who didn't fill out their personal information, but I don't have any idea how I could find them.

kellen
13th July 2010, 21:50
Thanks for looking for other members. I did the same thing and sent out like 3 PMs.

If you buddy wants some help getting his oil line done before saturday, I'm willing to help.

I also live in the North End. Around 22nd and State.

Where's the crow? I'm up for a cruise up to the Kodiak Grill. Haven't take my bike on a longer trip since I finished her up, but other than a few oil drips, she's ready to go.

Any bikes are welcome!

xrayrider
14th July 2010, 18:10
Where's the crow?

Bens Crow's Inn is on the highway to Idaho city (Lucky peak)

Crow's All American Motorcycles is in Caldwell.

Probably Bens Crow's Inn.

I would love to meet some Sporty riders in the Boise area. I live in Kuna. The problem I have is my job interfers with weekend rides except on Sundays after 2 PM. I would love to get in touch with with a few local XL riders for Sunday afternoon rides. Anyone interested send me a PM and I will PM you my phone number. I would be up for a Sunday afternoon ride to McCall if that interests anyone.

beornj
14th July 2010, 19:27
Thanks for looking for other members. I did the same thing and sent out like 3 PMs.

If you buddy wants some help getting his oil line done before saturday, I'm willing to help.

I also live in the North End. Around 22nd and State.

Where's the crow? I'm up for a cruise up to the Kodiak Grill. Haven't take my bike on a longer trip since I finished her up, but other than a few oil drips, she's ready to go.

Any bikes are welcome!

Sorry, I meant Bens Crow Inn on Warm Springs. I'm at 15th and Hill so no need to meet at the Crow Inn since we're so close.

As far as my buddy's bike, its just a rocker box line thats blown, it'll take no time to fix but they're working us like dogs at work and he hasn't been able to go get new ones. Hopefully someplace will be open satuday, but it will still take him longer to get line than to do the fix. Maybe he'll be able to meet us at pro power later. Hell, now that I think about it maybe pro power will have 'em. Maybe we can run them out to him.

I haven't heard any more from myndset, but as far as I know he's still in. We'll just have to figure out where to meet up with him.

A couple other guys are interested in riding with us too. Myndset has a buddy with a softail, and my dad and a friend of mine, who both ride dynas would like to join us. Is that cool with you?

I'll pm you my number and we can figure this out.:tour

redi2ride
15th February 2011, 19:47
Time to start another IDAHO ride for the sporty crowd. I'm gonna start recruiting sporty members I meet on rides. It would be cool if it turned into something bigger.

xrayrider
16th February 2011, 15:35
I am still game. Springh is almost here. I am looking for fellow riders to ride with. I own a 2003 1200 Sportster.

Robert

freeidaho
16th February 2011, 15:41
Howdy,
I'd be interested in the swap meet, since my scoot is apart right now. Where is it located?

kr

beornj
18th February 2011, 02:06
Howdy,
I'd be interested in the swap meet, since my scoot is apart right now. Where is it located?

kr

This is an old thread, that was last summer. But there's no reason we can't start planning for this one. I don't think member kellen is around any more. He had a kid and had his ironhead up for sale last I heard. Myndset, who didn't post in this thread, but went on that ride with us is still around. He and I rode last saturday, and he's always up for an xlf ride if we do it on the right weekend, cause he works some weekends.

freeidaho
18th February 2011, 02:13
Duh,
Color me embarrassed. Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm not sure how that happened. Sorry.

kr

beornj
18th February 2011, 02:31
Don't sweat it! redi2ride bumped the thread to drum up some interest in 2011 rides, and it looks like it worked.

davev1954
18th February 2011, 04:27
Still planning to have a little get together at the Impact range for us XL guys.

redi2ride
18th February 2011, 04:46
Cool. I'm down for a ride as soon as this weather clears. I rode to boise from Nampa for work the last two days. that storm was brutal yesterday. I was thinking of meeting on a saturday about noonish. Takeing a run to.........(insert ideas), maybe wink and tink in Kuna , Impact gun range, High desert HD, Donny macks, or just burn gas till we all have to split. keep the thread going with ideas. by the time we get a meet set up we will have it all figured out.

beornj
19th February 2011, 15:16
Still planning to have a little get together at the Impact range for us XL guys.

Sweet, I was hoping that was still on.

redi2ride
28th February 2011, 20:08
was there last friday. nice place. I'll meet any time just say it.

jw197373
6th April 2011, 04:35
hi guys, im jason, in boise too...new to the forum

beornj
7th April 2011, 02:01
hi guys, im jason, in boise too...new to the forum

Nice to have you aboard, Jason. Keep your eyes on this thread, I'm sure eventually we'll get a get together going.