PDA

View Full Version : Right side solo bag

Baphomet
15th July 2010, 18:32
I got my right side solo bag from Dons Cycleware and put it on. Thought I'd throw up a couple pics. I'm not into bags all that much, but for me this is the only style I would have on my bike. The reason I went with a right side mount is because I can reach over my seat from the left to get into it real easy. I was concerned that it might interfere with my short shots, but as you can see in the pics there is plenty of clearance for the exhaust. I took off the right passenger peg because it was lifting the front of the bag too much. All in all, I am a happy camper.

http://www.thecopierguru.com/public/sidesolo2.jpg

http://www.thecopierguru.com/public/sidesolo1.jpg

wandrur
15th July 2010, 18:43
Niiiiiiice. I may get one of those for my chopper in the (all too distant) future.

clov147
15th July 2010, 22:55
How does it strap on to the bike?
I know there's 3 straps at the back but the website doesn't show how its held on to the bike frame.
Another question, when you ride does it flap around?

I'm really think of getting one, as you said its easier to reach on the right side.

Baphomet
16th July 2010, 06:35
How does it strap on to the bike?
I know there's 3 straps at the back but the website doesn't show how its held on to the bike frame.
Another question, when you ride does it flap around?

I'm really think of getting one, as you said its easier to reach on the right side.

There is no one way or 'correct' way to attach these solo bags. It did come with suggested attachment points but it is really up to you to find the best way for your bike. In my case I mounted the upper middle strap to the frame just behind the oil tank. The lower right strap to the belt guard mount, and the left side to the belt guard mount on the rear side. I used the leather strap on the one to the frame, but I used heavy duty zip ties to the ones to the belt guard. I only had to make one mounting slot in the bag myself to mount the one to the rear belt guard.

As for 'flopping around' there is absolutely none of that.

sexpanther
16th July 2010, 13:30
looks sweet. glad Don sorted you out :D

sportyblue
16th July 2010, 13:35
Looks great.