PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer mount

Magneto Sportster
22nd June 2005, 19:53
Hi, I have a 1964 XLCH Sportster with the double mount that holds both the speedo and tachometer. I wanted to take the tach off and find a single instrument mount for the original speedo. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? I have seen similar mounts for late model sportsters in the JP Cycles catalog, but have not been able to find anything for the old bikes. My Dad had one on his 1966 Sporty about 30 years ago so they must have been available at some point in time.
Thanks.

thatbikerguy
22nd June 2005, 20:00
not trying to be sarchastic.... Have you tried ebay? A lot of the people swear by them, i'm still kind of leary.

Bikerdude
22nd June 2005, 20:54
not trying to be sarchastic.... Have you tried ebay? A lot of the people swear by them, i'm still kind of leary.

Now that's friggin' sarcastic.. :D but I have swore AT ebay!..and I'm still weary......whatasmartassIam... :laugh

Laughter is GOOD medicine......got any drugs????

choppediron
23rd June 2005, 00:10
if you have the time...draw what you want...take it to a local fabrication shop...then have it powder-coated, chromed, whatever. I posted in an earlier thread that I needed four brackets to mount a custom tank and all it cost me was a six paxk of beer. That way you get exactly what it is you need...no guessing. :tour

Chip
27th June 2005, 21:58
I believe Drag Specialties has them. Also try Custom Chrome.