PDA

View Full Version : Pa Route 80 Major Bumps

BlackBikeDave
18th July 2010, 19:48
Done a few trips back and forth from the NYC area to Scranton/Wilkes Barre Pa area and Interstate Route 80 is a mess when you are on the Pa side. From the Deleware Toll Plaza west past Strousburg, Interstate route 80 has some massive bumps in the road. I flew up in the air off my seat as my bike caught air and my wrists ached after the 9th or tenth bump....I lost count. Sucks like hell if you have forward controls.

Its a true shame that the road department cant take care of this. These huge "speed bumps" really have the potential for a deadly accident for bikers. :censor

Bob F
19th July 2010, 06:09
I80 in PA sucks for 350 miles! PA is trying to turn this into a toll road to help pay to maintain it. This is the free east/west truck route.

ParrotHead
19th July 2010, 06:14
The road does suck, I was on that stretch of I80 from NJ to I 476 and again from I 81 to Bloomsburg.

I80 in PA sucks for 350 miles! PA is trying to turn this into a toll road to help pay to maintain it. This is the free east/west truck route.

I thought I heard the Federal Gov't nixed that plan, which was being used to help fund public transportation in PA.

BlackBikeDave
19th July 2010, 07:42
It really is insane that they dont at least grind those bumps down. They are bigger than parking lot speed bumps....I guess with all the corruption goin on in Pa they forgot about the potential for death and serious injury on one of their Major Interstate Hiways....who would you write to address this issue. Surely someone in the road repair department must ride a bike...hmmmm

Epyx
19th July 2010, 07:48
I-80 does suck in the East but the Western part of the road is much better. Ohio through Dubois is a nice stretch.

philidor1958
19th July 2010, 07:49
I had to go to a funeral last year and I know you are telling the truth. I told my wife 'we are paying to ride on this road? They should be paying us for every bump we hit.'

Epyx
19th July 2010, 07:54
I had to go to a funeral last year and I know you are telling the truth. I told my wife 'we are paying to ride on this road? They should be paying us for every bump we hit.'

I80 does not have tolls. I-76 (turnpike) also travels east/west and does have tolls, it is a horrible road. In fact, the tolls are scheduled to go up again to make it even more insulting.