PDA

View Full Version : As if being invisible isn't bad enough...

DM-SC
23rd June 2005, 22:40
I survived my "tire sliding" event today (totally my fault!) just so I could have a cager event on my home...

When I leave work, one of the streets I ride down has a stop sign at every cross street. I only have to worry about the last 3 stop signs before I turn right on another street.

As I'm approaching the first stop sign, I note that there's a silver Ford wagon behind me. I come to a stop, see the Ford slowing, I look both ways and begin to enter the intersection. All of a sudden, the Ford is right beside me to my left (I'm in the right lane). He never stopped for the stop sign, he just drove right through it!

About half way down the block, he starts moving over in to my lane while he's still beside me! I blow the horn and move as far right as I could. He moves back into his lane and slows. I stop for the second stop sign and he just rolls right on through it! He's not really moving very fast so, I close up on him...almost to his back bumper. I was very cautious this time and for good reason as he just "stuck in there" in to my lane.

He then blows the third stop sign making a right onto the same street I turn on...right in front of a Nissan Pathfinder! I'm like "for heavens sake...I hope you get where you're going with out hurting (or worse) somebody!

I actually passed this dinklewad about a mile later as he's stuck in the right lane as I pass him in the left. I rolled past him and just glared...and gave a couple of throttle blips!

It's bad enough when they do stupid sh :censor when they don't see you because they are too busy doing any one of a hundred things they shouldn't be doing. When they do stupid sh :censor and they KNOW you're there...that makes me want to do very bad things to them!

Wardog
24th June 2005, 13:04
It sounds like that cager needs some thump therapy. :laugh :laugh :laugh

Schmidtrock
24th June 2005, 13:17
Or wall to wall counseling ? :-P

Barryn37
24th June 2005, 13:22
Another person that should be beat'n, and license revoked!!

Sandman
24th June 2005, 13:26
It's always been my belief that people like that should be identified somehow, like with a tattoo on their forehead, a universal symbol that is known and recognized by the public and lets them know that they need to be cautious around these people because they are stupid and are to be considered a hazard to themselves and all those around them! That way, lets say they are trying to buy something....oh....like a firearm of some sort.....the salesperson will see the tat on the forehead, and they know that they can't sell it to them, they're just too stupid to own one, might hurt themselves or others! If they try to get a drivers license......the drivers license people see the tat....and they are automatically sent home....in a cab! Oh well.....just a look into the mind of Impact 883.....hey, wait a minute, what's that in the mirror......on my forehead.............. :yikes

dabronco
24th June 2005, 14:02
Stupidity should be painful!

jade44V
24th June 2005, 14:04
It's bad enough when they do stupid sh :censor when they don't see you because they are too busy doing any one of a hundred things they shouldn't be doing. When they do stupid sh :censor and they KNOW you're there...that makes me want to do very bad things to them!

I know how you feel. About four years ago some idiot in a Jeep cut me off, knowing full well I was there, and gave me the finger in the rear view after I hit the horn. I wasn't going slow at all- there was no reason for the guy to be po'd other than him just being a jerkoff to begin with.

So, the idiocy being contagious, I decide for some reason that it's a good idea to ride right on his rear bumper. A few miles down the highway (this is on Route 17 in New Jersey), yet another idiot adds to the mix by slamming on his brakes when he realizes he's just missed the turn for Harriman State Park.

Jeep slams into the Harriman fool, bike slides out from under me, depositing me safely and gently onto the road before it went off to do cartwheels across two lanes of oncoming traffic.

:frownthre

BonRu
24th June 2005, 14:40
You're too funny, Impact, but I agree with the tattoo idea! :laugh

I have to confess that the other day, there was this guy on a nice looking Dyna to the left of me at a light. I was checking his bike out, then the light changed, and we rode for about 3 miles side by side. I was well aware of where he was at all times. Finally, my lane opened up, and I was able to go ahead of him. Ever since getting a bike, I've been overly cautious of bikes; even to the point of getting behind them so I could block/protect them from the other freaks out there. Well, a little bit up the road, I needed to get over to my left for a turn (there were 3 lanes). I checked my mirror, and there was a car coming up to my left, so I had to wait for them to get by. They came on past, I saw a clear path, and I proceeded to get over behind them. Just as I started to change lanes, I see the bike right next to my left rear fender. He had gotten in my blind spot, and was right behind the car, so instead of being where he was the last time I'd seen him, he had moved up and was back in the lane next to me. I don't know who it scared worse, me or him. As soon as we were stopped at a light, I put my window down and apologized profusely. He was wonderful, and grinning, and really great about it! Just goes to show that even when you know they're there, and even when you are especially cautious of them, they can still find a blind spot to get in. That's not to say that all cagers have that kind of excuse tho. :rolleyes:

mavinwy
24th June 2005, 14:46
A while ago, someone came up with the idea of giving folks dart guns with "stupid" darts. When you see someone pull a truly boneheaded diving error, you could shoot the car with a stupud dart.

It makes you feel better to shoot the car.....

ANd if an officer saw someone with several (I think the idea was like for 5) darts on their car, they could just pull them over on principle......

I know it is unworkable....but it was at least a funny idea.......

Mav

Chip
27th June 2005, 21:12
Idoits like that should have big letters on their vehicles that say ABW
(A__hole behind the wheel!!!!

carl2124
27th June 2005, 21:49
I hope that braindead cager ends up on the 6 o cock news roasting to a slow death in his truck off in a remote ditch somewhere due to his driving habits.Maybe it will clean up the "stupid" genes from the human race. :D

mikeLI_77
27th June 2005, 22:26
Maybe it will clean up the "stupid" genes from the human race. :D

Nope the supervisor of my truck at work would have to die also for that to happen. :laugh

DM-SC
28th June 2005, 02:33
I hope that braindead cager ends up on the 6 o cock news roasting to a slow death in his truck off in a remote ditch somewhere due to his driving habits.Maybe it will clean up the "stupid" genes from the human race. :D

We couldn't get so lucky! :frownthre

Chris B.
6th July 2005, 18:21
I have a nice set of air horns, I am considering mounting them under my engine out of sight. As loud as these pipes are, people still do not see us. I love the air horns though, they'll even make those people jump with the radio on ten. They seem to shake people up a bit, makes them think they are about to get run over by a semi truck. :p