PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkles in my face, not a cloud in the sky

xena
25th June 2005, 17:56
So I just got back from an hour ride. Holy crap it's hot. 92 in the shade. Despite that, I wore the leather jacket and gloves, but skipped the FF and put on the half helmet. I had set out on back roads, but on the return ride home I ran into a traffic tie up due to an accident so I jumped on the highway. No clouds so it wasn't rain, yet I'm feeling a spray of water on my face...no birds above, I"m thinking wtf?
Finally dawned on me that it must be the condensation from peoples ac units blowing back. To test my theory, I turn into a lane where there are no cars in front of me....no spray. hmmm, turn back into the middle lane and drop back behind a mini van with the windows rolled up...spray city. Never noticed this on the back roads, but I can honestly say that riding on the highway with a half helmet and no windshield bites the big one. I'd rather wear a FF though than put a windshield on and ruin the look.

whispanic
25th June 2005, 18:02
If this was Texas that would be chewin tobacky! Ass monkeys keep spittin out the window.

Sure it was a minivan and not a Goldwing?

Adios
Whispanic

xena
25th June 2005, 18:24
hahaha. Nope. Not Texas. No chewin tobacco, but it's damn hot here today that's for sure. Whenever there was a car in front of me with the windows rolled up and I got sprayed so I know it was the condensation from the air conditioning units.

xllent01
25th June 2005, 18:37
Think the tobacco is bad wait till someone flics those damn

butts out the window and you get hit by them. Really flashey
at night.:yikes Damn smokers gotta love it.

Jimbo999
25th June 2005, 18:49
Just a reminder...Watch your position at stops. Water on oily spots are very slick. I made a left turn today and the rear tire skided out due to some A/C water. Stomped my foot down to correct, Now it's a little sore. :(

kntalan
25th June 2005, 18:58
I get that all the time here in Phoenix. But what is worse is comming up behind a cement trunk on the freeway doing about 75mph, They have a "water mister system" on their cement tank, giving a constant steady mist to keep the tank cool. First time it happened to me it freaked me out(heck of a lot of water!!) so now i change lanes before i get to close to them.. :p

883 custom
25th June 2005, 19:36
Xena I have had the same thing happen to me and thought wtf also. It never dawned on me that it was the ac from cars. Jimbo thats a good point a lot of water can leak from cars, ac and coolant. Also another ting to watch out for is those dang gravel when you go to put your feet down. Was riding today and came to a stoplight and seen the gravel as I went to put my foot down but thought i'll stop with my foot on top of it :rolleyes: Well now I look like i'm doing the damn two step out there, and of course there is always an audiense for that stuff. Then you know the rest you look around like what- what the hells everyone looking at :laugh :laugh

DM-SC
26th June 2005, 01:00
I'm jealous! It's been raining all day here! :frownone

GSB_77_XL
26th June 2005, 04:28
Today was beautiful.....as long as you kept moving. It hit 92 DEG here today, but we started early rode for about 150 miles and I realized that I need a more comfy seat. I am currently running a drag specialties 2 up seat that came on it when I got it. But quickly realized it has to go.

gonna do it all over again tomorrow though

txsporty
26th June 2005, 04:45
I'm jealous! It's been raining all day here! :frownone

Send a bit down here, we sure could use some!!! :D

BonRu
26th June 2005, 04:51

I know that's right!!!!

Xena, before (and after) I had my own, I used to feel those sprinkles too; the faithful ole b/f told me it was A/C condensation. I believed him. I sure as hell hope it's not the spittin backy out the window thing, because I caught quite a bit in my mouth. Now, that's just plain gross Whispanic!!!

DustyJacket
26th June 2005, 07:26
Wait 'til you are behind a car with high powered windshield washer sprayers.
Wow.

txsporty
26th June 2005, 11:56
.................................................. ... I sure as hell hope it's not the spittin backy out the window thing, because I caught quite a bit in my mouth. Now, that's just plain gross Whispanic!!!

Don't you know your suppose to keep your Mouth closed!!!! :yikes

:D

BonRu
26th June 2005, 12:44
Don't you know your suppose to keep your Mouth closed!!!! :yikes

:D

Well, I do NOW!!! :D Actually, I only have it open when I'm grinning (from the feeling of being free), or chewing gum - which is often. ;)

DM-SC
26th June 2005, 16:40

Trust me on this...if I could...I WOULD! :cry1

indyrednek
26th June 2005, 17:18
Be careful following motorhomes.
It is not a/c condensation you will feel.
The gray/black water tank valves do not always close. :yikes

HotRodSporty
26th June 2005, 18:01
I am glad you figured this out for me Xena. I have been like WTF so many times. Even wondered a few times if it was gas spray from my bike. Makes perfect since to me now.
This is why I love this place. :p

DM-SC
27th June 2005, 17:23
Be careful following motorhomes.
It is not a/c condensation you will feel.
The gray/black water tank valves do not always close. :yikes

That's GROSS!!! :cry1

Gone
27th June 2005, 17:51
This is wierd. I was out yesterday.....First time with a half helmet and noticed the same thing. Couldn't figure it out....Thanks

Mr Jimi
27th June 2005, 18:53
If Ya think this is bad?? We, in Florida look for these gas guzzlers with the AC on 40 to get that spray!! !!!
But DON"T follow a cattle/horse trailer.. Its Like a huge garden hose on HIGH?? and real nasty? :frownthre
Jim :tour

82ndJumper
29th June 2005, 08:52
I never thought about why I got sprayed with water. Now I know. Thanks