PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Smoke Out...

pilot
27th June 2005, 00:26
Man, what a time. More tricked out Sportys represented there than I have ever seen in one place. Got to meet TNSportster, really cool guy, also hooked up with evade and Sportymark, two more great dudes. All three of these guys have killer Sportsters. There were killer bikes everywhere, actually decent vendors, and oh yeah more cool bikes. If you missed it, sorry, but its worth a go if true home-built choppers are your thing. Some stockers there too, but we've all seen those right? Go to this site to see pics that everyone will be sharing in the next several days...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/13357

Pilot out.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 10:53
Hey Pilot!

Good meeting ya! Got home wet yetserday, dropped off my film before I changed my soaking undies!

I'm going to post shots as I sort them out - here's one for you and the Mrs! (thanks for letting me borrow her for the piggy-back ride - the pic she took came out killer! - and she's light as a feather!!!)

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 10:59
Evade, giving the universal sign for " Sporties are number ONE!"

Good meeting you and your friends!

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:04
Here's Sporty Mark Bench and his significant other. This guy is nice as can be. When you get to spend a few minutes looking at his bike close up, it's obvious he knows his way around a sporty.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:08
Here's a shot of my bike in the midst of the mayhem early Saturday evening...

(note the tire smoke - cool!)

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:24
While I'm in a posting mood, here's some more:

pilot's wife put herself in great personal peril to help me get this shot of his LOOONG sweet-ass Buell.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:26
BrewDudes' rigid, rearset equipped, perimeter-framed, nitrous Buell. SWEET!

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:28
Here's a cool raked Evo, the "yuppie killer".

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:29
I REALLY like this Buell. Kinda funky in a Mad Max, post-apocalyptic kinda way.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:30
Sporty with an XB front. Supa-cool.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:32
Cool Ironhead.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:37
Led Sled Customs had a whole row of badass Sporties. Here's a cool one with a stretched frame.

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:41
Evade (Dave) is a great guy. His Sporty is probably my favorite evo EVER. Didn't know he has LED's built INTO his rear struts, and his jockey setup is the cat's ass.

Max Throttle
27th June 2005, 11:44
yep i missed it, my buddy came over we got drunk friday night, bad hangover saturday bla bla bla

was just over at the horse board seeing what i missed "again" :frownthre

will plan correctly for next year :frownthre

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:45
Clean little hotrod Sporty...

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:48
Another Ledsled bike: Hurst shifter, springer front end, metalflake flames...

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:50
Chubby Z's and a fat front tire....

TNsportster
27th June 2005, 11:52
And I'm about out of attachment space!

If you want a bigger shot of any of these, PM me with an Email addy and I'll send it.

flathead45
27th June 2005, 13:33
get any pics of this rusted out 80 inch flatty ?
http://www.thehorsemag.com/SMSO/smsoV/smso5%20115.jpg

pilot
28th June 2005, 00:46
Great pics man. Next time we all get together, I'll let you know. I came home with so many ideas, I think the Buell is gonna get a facelift, and the Sporty too. Great to meet you though. Carrie says hello.

evade49
28th June 2005, 02:12
hey rob great pics i had to leave saturday evening and on the way home i ran into rain and oil leak problems but keep in touch and by the way everyone tnsportsters bike was the only 04 i saw that had been customized so major props to you hey pilot i may be in wilmington on wed i will give you a buzz

Moonpie
28th June 2005, 17:53
Sorry I missed everyone. Had to leave 'bout noon on Sat.

Walt, Carrie OK???

TNsportster
28th June 2005, 19:16
Dave - Hope the oil leaks are minor, and that you got home without too much of a soaking.

Pilot - Hello back at Carrie - can't wait to hook up with you guys again next year!

Moonpie - Sorry I missed ya, but I heard you had a good reason for splitting - congrats on the graduation!

MaxThrottle - always next year!

Again - it was a BLAST! Had a great time meeting everyone and being inspired by ALL the BADASS bikes....

engine
29th June 2005, 02:08
I wish I could have gone. Looks like a great time...
I think led sled had the coolest friggin sporties.

Mark_Bench
29th June 2005, 03:06
Yeah Jamie i am supposed to make fun or you forever the only reason i did not see you is that damned blind spot joke I made
Thanks for the pics it was great to meet ya, thanks for letting me feel the un-comfy seat

lucky13
30th June 2005, 02:08
I got a ton of pics, I'll have to get off my lazy ass and post em' . Bikes n boobs what a hell of a weekend

Max Throttle
1st July 2005, 11:19
TNsportster, & others i was coming to meet,

figured i should let ya know "why" my buddy and i didnt make it (even though we have not met yet) dont want ya to think i'm a BS'in shmuck

he called outa the blue like i posted in the other thread, he came over, we did get drunk and had hangovers.. in fact he's coming over again tonight so we can talk some more.....

short version...

his wife took the kids on a vacation to florida, (he couldnt go due to work, she doesnt work) she called and said "they were not coming back" :frownthre

she hates to be away from her family (brothers, mother & dad) who live in fla. she is gonna stay with her brother, we are not sure where the kids wanna be yet

they have moved around due to my buddy's job and she's done this before, this is the third time and this time looks to be the last he's gonna put up with, we are going over "what needs to be done next"

i spent last night making calls to people i know that have been through this type of sheot and got some advice for when he comes over tonight

so.....thats why i missed my trip to meet ya for the day, i am a man who does what he says he will to the best of my ability but this caught me blindsided and he and i have been friends since high school (in our early 40's now)

sorry i missed meeting you guys but now ya know why

max

TNsportster
1st July 2005, 12:05
Hey Max -
No explanation needed!

Friends come first.

Gone
12th July 2005, 06:34
I don't know whats up but the pics are no longer visible on this thread??!!

TNsportster
16th July 2005, 03:28
I don't know whats up but the pics are no longer visible on this thread??!!

Yeah - I had to clear out my stored files. That's where they went.

PM me your Email addy and I'll send them to ya.