PDA

View Full Version : pulley question

proc
4th October 2007, 10:16
Hey all would like to thank the xl forum for the birthday wishes.I havent checked in for a while but heres an update. got the bike back shes been bored out to 1200 andrews n6 cam fitted with 10 5 1 wiseco pistons an s and s ist ignition with single fire coil black diamond valves and yes ported and flowed havent had a dyno yet but i think shes got to much grunt for the 883 pulley yeah yeah you might think better acceleration but beleive me shes runnin outta legs pretty quick so advice on this would be cool thanks again . proco:banana

lm118
4th October 2007, 11:05
can't help you, but you might want to post this in the transmission/drive part of the forums, would get a few more replies than in here.

misterT
19th October 2007, 04:23
its prety easy to change the pulley and you can go up to a 29 or 30 tooth front pulley

aussiesport
25th December 2007, 08:43
not sure mate but 883 to 1200 had difrent pulley on front ...have 1200 conv on mine and not sure if it has had the 1200 pulley put on it runs outa go at about 150 ?? or so and theres plenty of choice apparently !!!good luck bud :)

whippet
27th February 2012, 14:02
Hey all would like to thank the xl forum for the birthday wishes.I havent checked in for a while but heres an update. got the bike back shes been bored out to 1200 andrews n6 cam fitted with 10 5 1 wiseco pistons an s and s ist ignition with single fire coil black diamond valves and yes ported and flowed havent had a dyno yet but i think shes got to much grunt for the 883 pulley yeah yeah you might think better acceleration but beleive me shes runnin outta legs pretty quick so advice on this would be cool thanks again . proco:banana

You want honest answers? Ring Garry at Wacker in Newstead.. Ive been in the industry long enough to know the bloke is genuine, rate him 15 out 10, wouldnt waste my time anywhere but him, big call but the guy will help you out and the customer service is second to none. Im running a 29tooth pulley you could also run a 38tooth primary not sure about your motor but the bloke is worth a call.