PDA

View Full Version : THE Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Koot
24th April 2008, 03:03
.....As for the handshake, what I meant was, they showed class by not starting a fight during the handshake. The players looked genuinely congradulatory towards the Habs.

Roadking79, in all my years of watching the NHL (I grew up watching the Original Six) I don't remember ever seeing a fight during the hand shakes at the end of a series. I'm not saying it has never happened but I've never seen it. Seen players refuse to take part but no fights. Todays NHL players are an interesting international mix, even though they may now play on different NHL teams some are team mates internationally in world play, some shared the same locker rooms in the NHL before trades, others have come through University and Junior teams together, for the most part they seem to have a respect for each other that may be unique to hockey. That's what I meant when I called it the great hockey tradition in my earlier post.

Koot

mizzou_sporty88
24th April 2008, 03:08
Dude !!!! The Red Wings Theyre All A Bunch Of Punk Ass Puss*es

Quebeker
24th April 2008, 09:00
Beer time before the next games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcsqWeTI_nY

Casper
24th April 2008, 14:08
I so love that commercial! And you know it was meant for Americans; no self-respecting Canadian would ever question someone's decision not to shave during playoffs; not even a woman!

Sadly, I suffered a little withdraw yesterday. There was no game on! Round 1 was over, and round 2 hasn't started, so there was no NHL fix. They weren't televising the OHL game (Belleville whipped the Generals 11-0 to take the series - and the Generals used to be such a powerhouse) or even some little-league game on public access! Fortunately for me, Rent-A-Goalie was playing on Showcase, and it had Darryl Sittler on, so I at least got a little fix (think of it is a methadone clinic for hockey). Don't get me wrong; I always thought Cake was cool. But he's no hockey game.

Quebeker
24th April 2008, 22:12
I so love that commercial! And you know it was meant for Americans; no self-respecting Canadian would ever question someone's decision not to shave during playoffs; not even a woman!

Sadly, I suffered a little withdraw yesterday. There was no game on! Round 1 was over, and round 2 hasn't started, so there was no NHL fix. They weren't televising the OHL game (Belleville whipped the Generals 11-0 to take the series - and the Generals used to be such a powerhouse) or even some little-league game on public access! Fortunately for me, Rent-A-Goalie was playing on Showcase, and it had Darryl Sittler on, so I at least got a little fix (think of it is a methadone clinic for hockey). Don't get me wrong; I always thought Cake was cool. But he's no hockey game.

Let's poke a little fun at ourselves (and more beer time):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XDRGLfzZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3qN61NeuM

Not really any withdrawal here, I got a 24 hour Hockey channel on XM (204 Home Ice). I can listen to all of the games no matter where I am, plus all the talk and hockey news programing during the day.
Good thing because I was able to watch only one Mtl-Boston game.

11 nothing, in the play-offs, that's gotta hurt bad and for a long time.

Quebeker
25th April 2008, 02:34
Flyers were leading 3-2, took a penalty with a minute 9 left, Habs tied with 27 seconds left on the clock.

Going to OT.

mucrew
25th April 2008, 02:45
don't remind me. how is it that the flyers can't hold a 2 goal lead??? :censor:headbang:headbang:headbang

adam

mucrew
25th April 2008, 02:52
DAMN.....2 goal lead! it's not THAT hard to keep i mean seriously...

oh well. they have to win 3 more games to get rid of philly, there's plenty of time

adam

Quebeker
25th April 2008, 02:53
Sorry, its over already.

48 seconds in OT, Habs scored.

Brad
25th April 2008, 02:55
Yea, yea... Now go post some more Russian nipples. It's ain't over yet!

:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Quebeker
25th April 2008, 03:08
Yea, yea... Now go post some more Russian nipples. It's ain't over yet!

:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Are you a little mad because they lost? Does that mean you did jump back on the Flyers wagon?

Quebeker
25th April 2008, 03:08
BTW, 11 for 25.

sportysrock
25th April 2008, 13:18
The better team usually wins in a 7 game series. Montreal was 1st for a reason. Nothing is a given though, and it usually comes down to outworking the other team or a great individual effort and a goal scored in a big spot.

Gone
25th April 2008, 20:37
Rangers in six.
I predicted Rangers in five over the Satans.
May my streak continue...

loki03xlh
25th April 2008, 20:59
I don't really care who wins the Cup this year as long as someone, anyone beats the %$@ $%@& @#^$*^ #%&@^$! redwings!!!!

Let's go Avs! Let's go Avs! Let's go Avs!

Gone
25th April 2008, 21:01
Agreed. I am really glad Hasek is on the bench -but if they win he gets a ring anyway-- say it ain't gonna be so!!!
GO RANGERS.

Brick City
25th April 2008, 22:19
Rangers, Wings final, that would be a great final for the NHL.
Go Rangers tonite vs the penguins

Irondrake77
25th April 2008, 23:34
Nonsense. Pittsburgh has the team, the talent and the drive. Fear Gary Roberts!

Brad
27th April 2008, 02:42
Anybody catch the Flyers - Habs score tonight?

I did! 4 - 2 Flyers!
:banapart:banapart

Quebeker
27th April 2008, 03:03
Anybody catch the Flyers - Habs score tonight?

I did! 4 - 2 Flyers!

ha-ha, very funny.
no more Russian nipples for you.:frownthre

mucrew
28th April 2008, 15:03
i was out of town so i missed the flyers game :doh

but i'll be watching tonight. i also had my folks bring me my old lindros jersey so wear while i'm watching the games. it's from the 4th grade so now it actually fits!

adam

Brad
29th April 2008, 02:33
I guess it's OK to have only 14 shots on goal when 3 of them go in!

Flyers win! 3 - 2!

Quebeker
29th April 2008, 23:10
I guess it's OK to have only 14 shots on goal when 3 of them go in!

Flyers win! 3 - 2!

I haven't watched a Mtl-Philly game yet but on the radio it sounds like Biron got hot yesterday.
Not a bad thing for a goalie to get on a good streak in the playoffs.
And a very bad thing when a good goaltender becomes ordinary in the same playoff.
But if the Flyers make it to the Finals, are they gonna get swept again?

Irondrake77
30th April 2008, 10:13
Penguins over rangers 5 - 3.

:D :D :D :D :D

XL<MARINE>883C
30th April 2008, 10:18
go wings!

detroit lions suck

detroit tigers...

go wings!

mucrew
30th April 2008, 15:17
I haven't watched a Mtl-Philly game yet but on the radio it sounds like Biron got hot yesterday.
Not a bad thing for a goalie to get on a good streak in the playoffs.
And a very bad thing when a good goaltender becomes ordinary in the same playoff.
But if the Flyers make it to the Finals, are they gonna get swept again?

haha real funny. i remember i was devastated when that happened. and i got a lot of shit for it from my dad's side of the family who all live in detroit.

i'm not liking the pens/rangers series. i dont care who the flyers play if they advance, i think they could beat either team. but if the pens sweep two teams in a row and if the flyers series goes to 6 or 7 that would suck. even if the habsadvance it'd be hard for them. either way i hate crosby, but i hate jagr too so i'm torn

adam

Brad
30th April 2008, 15:42
All I know is I'll be in class tonight so I have to get updates via my cell phone like I did on Monday! UGH!!!!

screech69
30th April 2008, 15:48
Pens are looking real good, winning 3-1 and all the sudden 3-3, no problem, just score 2 more. Detroit, enough said and Dallas, kind of a suprise to me! Good time to get hot! How are my Sabres doing?, Darn it their out!!!

Shark Doctor
30th April 2008, 16:07
Rangers, Wings final, that would be a great final for the NHL.
Agreed.

No one ever used the term "Hockey Town" to describe a place in NY, though.

End of discussion.

Go Wings!

:smoke

mucrew
30th April 2008, 17:26
Agreed.

No one ever used the term "Hockey Town" to describe a place in NY, though.

End of discussion.

Go Wings!

:smoke

no way, the nhl wants the penguins in the finals. they want crosby to win the cup for his team in game 7 in triple overtime. it'd be the perfect finish for the nhl. almost like the new years outdoor game with crosby winning the game in a shootout....

conspiracy theory anyone? :clap

adam

Irondrake77
30th April 2008, 23:19
GARY ROBERTS PWNS YOU!!

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/PITTSBURGH-PA/WDVE-FM/Gary%20Roberts%20NYR%20randy.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=PITTSBURGH-PA&NG_FORMAT=rock&SITE_ID=1734&STATION_ID=WDVE-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=WDVE-FM&PCAST_CAT=Comedy&PCAST_TITLE=The_Best_of_Jim_and_Randy_on_WDVE

Brick City
1st May 2008, 01:58
WTF happened to my Rangers? Down 3-0, what can I say, Im in shock!!!!! Damn....

Brad
1st May 2008, 02:41
Maybe they should call them the CAN'T-nadians! :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

link (http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/gamecenter/recap/NHL_20080430_MON@PHI)

screech69
1st May 2008, 13:49
Philly up 3 games to 1, where the heck are the Habs? Maybe the Price was wrong! and so is his back-up!!!

Swankster
1st May 2008, 16:23
SHARKS barely hangin but still alive. It's been done twice before why not again.
Comin home, take both and we'll see
Swanskter

robert
2nd May 2008, 03:47
Sharks better come home with some momentum. Can't stand to see 'em lose to Dallas.

Gone
2nd May 2008, 16:18
Red Wings are poised to sweep Colorado!

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=20761

mucrew
2nd May 2008, 18:05
i've been disappointed by the second round series so far. i've loved watching the flyers win but even that series hasn't been as back and forth as everyone expected. almost every so called "expert" picked all 4 series to go to 6 or 7 games. then three of the teams jump out to 3-0 leads? i mean come on....

but really i don't care as long as my flyers are still winning! i hope they can put it away on saturday. i don't want a repeat of round 1

adam

sportysrock
2nd May 2008, 18:22
Red Wings are poised to sweep Colorado!

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=20761

Dude, how many time do they have to beat them? It's already 4 games to zip. :doh

Brad
3rd May 2008, 00:32
So I'm at a wedding tomorrow night!:doh Gotta charge up the cell phone and keep hitting up mobile sportsline~!:doh

Go Flyers!

ambulldogg
3rd May 2008, 00:42
bring on dallas!! if they don't choke tonight again.LOL god..... just give us the cup now and save time.??!!!

Quebeker
3rd May 2008, 00:52
bring on dallas!! if they don't choke tonight again.LOL god..... just give us the cup now and save time.??!!!

I don't know but a few people in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philly, or even still in Montreal (:frownthre), may disagree with you.

Quebeker
4th May 2008, 00:45
Philly 1, Mtl 2 after the 1st.

Will I have to shave or not tomorrow?

skien
4th May 2008, 01:14
Sharks still holding on a lot of good play in this series. We all kind of cheer on the sharks from central WI. My son skated with Joe Pavelski in all the youth leagues here.Also skated with Joe on a triple A team from Wisconsin. Go Sharks.

Quebeker
4th May 2008, 01:34
If I keep my beard it will be because of divine intervention.
Philly 4- Mtl 3 and the 2nd aint even over.

Quebeker
4th May 2008, 02:31
:censor:censor:censor:censor:censor:censor
:censor:censor:censor:censor:censor
:censor:censor:censor:censor
:censor:censor:censor
:censor:censor
:censor

Brick City
4th May 2008, 02:53
Quebeker, I have a feeling I will be saying the same thing about my Rangers on Sunday.

Brad
4th May 2008, 02:56
Hats off to the Habs for an exciting and well fought series!

Now on to (probably) Pittsburgh!

Quebeker
4th May 2008, 03:09
I now kind of want the Flyers to win the Cup.
I think there is some, not much but some, comfort in knowing you got booted by the Champion.

The Jack Adams Trophy for the Coach of The Year are: Bruce Boudreau of the Caps, Guy Carbonneau of the Habs and Mike Babcock of the Wings.
Philly has now sent 2 of them to the golf course. If they get to the Finals, they could beat all 3 of them.
I don't know if it has ever been done.

sportysrock
4th May 2008, 13:56
Claude Julien, Coach of The Year. Nobody picked the Bruins to do anything.

Oh, and bye bye Canadiens, losing 4 games in a row after winning game 1.

Gone
4th May 2008, 18:38
Dude, how many time do they have to beat them? It's already 4 games to zip. :doh

heh, you're right-I missed a game! DUH Working second shift really sucks during the playoffs!

Quebeker
4th May 2008, 20:41
Claude Julien, Coach of The Year. Nobody picked the Bruins to do anything.

Oh, and bye bye Canadiens, losing 4 games in a row after winning game 1.

He wont win, he's not a nominee.
And they didn't do much. They barely made the series. True, their best player missed the whole season because of an injury but still.

I think Stevens of the Flyers should have got a shot at it.
They were LAST a year ago.

Boudreau's Caps were in 14th around New Years when he showed up and they made the series.

Babcock is keeping the Wings at the top which has to be just as hard or harder than to get to the top.

Carbo has taken a team that missed the play-offs a year ago to 1st place.
It wasn't just luck.

I would vote for Babcock but Carbo will get it.

If the Habs had not beat Boston in the 1st round, that last comment would have had a better shot at hurting my feelings.:laugh

sportysrock
5th May 2008, 14:14
heh, you're right-I missed a game! DUH Working second shift really sucks during the playoffs!

I was just messing with ya.

He wont win, he's not a nominee ... If the Habs had not beat Boston in the 1st round, that last comment would have had a better shot at hurting my feelings.:laugh

Good point, guess ya gotta be in the running to win.

Being from New England, the 2 teams I love to hate are the Canadiens and Yankees. When a team has your number every year, you respect their winning, but love their losing. Montreal traded a pretty good goalie that maybe they should have held onto.

I guess I'll root for the Pens. Now where is that hockey playing banana dancer?

Quebeker
8th May 2008, 02:37
Where did everybody go?

Conference finals start tomorrow.

I'll say Philly wins the East and Detroit the West.
That would be an Eastern time zone final, like that I wont have to go to bed too late.:p

Brad
8th May 2008, 02:41
Where did everybody go?

Weren't you banned from this thread until next year?:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Quebeker
8th May 2008, 02:51
Weren't you banned from this thread until next year?:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Thats not very nice, I picked your team to win it all and you say that...

:cry1

mech4matsnova
8th May 2008, 15:37
Well, now that the Caps and Habs are out, pullin for Dallas, but expect Detroit to lay down the hockeytown bitch slap. Cup game: Pitt@Detroit

Gone
8th May 2008, 15:42
Where did everybody go?

Conference finals start tomorrow.

I'll say Philly wins the East and Detroit the West.
That would be an Eastern time zone final, like that I wont have to go to bed too late.:p

Detroit and Dallas should be quite a battle, but I think the Wings will come out on top.

761000sp
8th May 2008, 23:37
PENS IN 5
GUINS WIN GUINS WIN
THE FLITHY FLOUNDER SUCK
PENS VS REDWINGS
PENS WIN CUP
DON"T YOU FORGET THAT:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:ban ana:censor:censor:censor:censor:banana:banana:bana na

Quebeker
11th May 2008, 04:09
Dallas in trouble?
Bad start for Philly.

Brad
11th May 2008, 04:11
Dallas in trouble?
Bad start for Philly.
~Nah, we always give the first one away... (where is the fingers crossed smiley???)

Quebeker
11th May 2008, 04:25
~Nah, we always give the first one away... (where is the fingers crossed smiley???)

Right here, http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Quebeker
12th May 2008, 10:09
Uh-Oh. Philly is in trouble too.

I wonder if a sweep of both Conference Finals at the same time ever happened?

Brad
14th May 2008, 03:32
OK, Philly down 3... Time to get serious!

Quebeker
14th May 2008, 10:14
OK, Philly down 3... Time to get serious!

I'm sorry sir, but I think statistics will show that it is now too late.

Another case of the Philadelphia choke?

Brad
14th May 2008, 11:35
Philadelphia choke?

Isn't that a little redundant! I'm starting to think those two words are synonomous!:doh

Irondrake77
14th May 2008, 12:26
Isn't that a little redundant! I'm starting to think those two words are synonomous!:doh

Philly had the chance to do more, but they got bogged down from lots of penalties. There have been real hot early going, which is why they have only been able to score early in the game, after that they looked like they kinda gave up.

Not that I'm going to complain, Pittsburgh still scored their 4 points, and did some fancy skating, but I still thought this was going to come to more blows after game 2.

I will say if Gary Roberts had played last night, philly wouldn't have gotten that 1 goal :D

Spanky
14th May 2008, 12:55
Get the brooms out boys and girls... I smell a sweep in the Eastern Conference finals!!!!:banana

ONE MORE! LET'S GO PENS!!!

6sporty6
14th May 2008, 13:20
Go PENS:banana NO way in hell I will ever root for those :censor wings.

Quebeker
15th May 2008, 10:38
Dallas is still on life support but not quite dead yet.
They still need a miracle to win this series.

Brick City
15th May 2008, 22:27
Im not feeling so bad, my Rangers are the only team to beat the Pens in the playoffs so far. LOL. I have to give it to Pitt. they are playing really well, skating hard and have a shut down defense. Scary....

Brad
16th May 2008, 02:55
PIT 2
PHI 4

Philly lives to fight another day!:banana Think the Habs are watching?:wonderlan

bsporty
16th May 2008, 02:58
WohOOOOOOOO!!!!!LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!

cliff883
16th May 2008, 04:48
Thats ok that the Pens lost tonight, just means the celebration will be even bigger winning game 5 at home.

Gone
16th May 2008, 04:56
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Quebeker
16th May 2008, 05:04
There you go Brad, enjoy your birthday present, a win by the Flyers.:clap

But maybe the Pens just wanted to get a game 5 just to get the extra revenue from a home game.:shhhh

Irondrake77
16th May 2008, 23:21
Of course The victory will be that much sweeter to finish at home. After the Flyers fans had to bite of our "white out" and give everybody orange shirts. Pittsburgh will get the job done Sunday afternoon on a network channel so everyone can see Phillys defeat. :D

Brad
17th May 2008, 03:00
Pittsburgh will get the job done Sunday afternoon on a network channel so everyone can see Phillys defeat. :D

OK Drake, I'm calling you out. Bet you a beer we take the next one. Payable at Gettysburg this year! :)

P.S. Do you get network TV in Pittsburgh? :wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Spanky
17th May 2008, 03:15
All the Philly victory means is another 1.5 million for the Pens owners. That translates into them being more willing to spend closer to the top of the salary cap to resign the UFAs and RFAs for next year.

And, how sweet is a home win in the play-offs! Especially win the hundreds of fans that watch the game outside the arena

GO PENS! :clap

Irondrake77
17th May 2008, 14:06
OK Drake, I'm calling you out. Bet you a beer we take the next one. Payable at Gettysburg this year! :)

P.S. Do you get network TV in Pittsburgh? :wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

I'll buy you two if we lose, because I lose graciously :D

I'll have you know everyone in Pittsburgh upgraded from Rocks to standard TV's last year because of the digital signal switch next year, but the TV's are only Black and White, instead of Color. Doesn't matter all our team jerseys still look good.

Quebeker
17th May 2008, 22:41
Dallas is on the comeback trail.

bsporty
18th May 2008, 16:15
http://photos.wmmr.com/gallery/HottestFlyersFan/Flyers_Shoot_101

Brad
18th May 2008, 16:23
That page takes forever to load ~ which # are you?

bsporty
18th May 2008, 16:29
WHat # am I?Whatcha talkin bout?

Brad
18th May 2008, 16:34
The link takes me to a picture of someone named Diane. She's OK and I like what she does with a puck, but I was kinda hoping....:wonderlan:wonderlan:wonderlan

Quebeker
18th May 2008, 20:06
I could be a Flyers fan with a little convincing.:p

http://photos.wmmr.com/albums/HottestFlyersFan/Flyers_Shoot_015.jpg

AB,Frank
18th May 2008, 20:24
I could be a Flyers fan with a little convincing.:p

http://photos.wmmr.com/albums/HottestFlyersFan/Flyers_Shoot_015.jpg

If you do..does that mean you get to have one like her???? by the way I ran accross some of the Calgary flames on the golf course yesterday they gave me a sleeve of golf balls with their logo on them..

Quebeker
18th May 2008, 20:26
If you do..does that mean you get to have one like her???? by the way I ran across some of the Calgary flames on the golf course yesterday they gave me a sleeve of golf balls with their logo on them..

I mean, if I get her, I'll be a fan. Just don't tell my wife.:shhhh:laugh

AB,Frank
18th May 2008, 20:56
I mean, if I get her, I'll be a fan. Just don't tell my wife.:shhhh:laugh

DEAL!!! if you don't tell mine:laugh:laugh

Irondrake77
18th May 2008, 23:24
Got some awesome Penguins fans here:
http://www.wxdx.com/cc-common/mlib/2094/05/2094_1210883077.jpg
see more here

http://www.wxdx.com/pages/tim_benz/index.html

Penguins really brought their "A" game today.

6-0 Penguins

Brad
18th May 2008, 23:28
Got some awesome Penguins fans here:
http://www.wxdx.com/cc-common/mlib/2094/05/2094_1210883077.jpg
see more here

http://www.wxdx.com/pages/tim_benz/index.html

Penguins really brought their "A" game today.

6-0 Penguins

They certainly did. Congrats Penguins. See you in Gettysburg ID!

Irondrake77
18th May 2008, 23:42
The certainly did. Congrats Penguins. See you in Gettysburg ID!

lol. :laugh :D :banana

ReddTigger
18th May 2008, 23:59
Congrats to the PENS fans, They're really on a roll.... Friggen awesome !

Quebeker
20th May 2008, 14:39
Too bad the guy who started this thread to kinda trash talk me ain't around anymore.
His team made it into the finals and mine didn't.

Pens vs Wings.

Will it be the young Pens or the old Wings that put theirs hands on the Big One?

I pick the Young Guns.

6sporty6
20th May 2008, 14:43
Go PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana

bsporty
23rd May 2008, 23:54
Dang Irondrake...those are some H-o-t-t-i-e-s!!!!!!!

Irondrake77
23rd May 2008, 23:56
Dang Irondrake...those are some H-o-t-t-i-e-s!!!!!!!

Takes one to know one :D

loki03xlh
23rd May 2008, 23:59
Let's go Pens!!!!

deadthings suck!!!!!!

Let's go Pens!!!!

deadthings suck!!!!!!

Let's go Pens!!!!

deadthings suck!!!!!!

Let's go Pens!!!!

deadthings suck!!!!!!

Let's go Pens!!!!

deadthings suck!!!!!!

Spanky
24th May 2008, 00:39
I can't wait to see what happens if a Wings fan tries to throw something on the ice in Mellon arena! :headb

bsporty
24th May 2008, 04:03
Takes one to know one :D

Touche!!!:laugh

Gone
24th May 2008, 04:14
Let's Go RED WINGS!!!

Irondrake77
24th May 2008, 23:09
It's an hour and 1/2 till game time. All the octopus in the world can't save the Red wings.

The Puck stops here

GO PENS

Gone
25th May 2008, 05:39
It's an hour and 1/2 till game time. All the octopus in the world can't save the Red wings.

The Puck stops here

GO PENS

uh huh........:p

isiahstites
25th May 2008, 16:54

The Puck stops here

GO PENS

Irondrake77 - I apologize for the way the Wings played last night. They looked pretty dam good last night! Althought I think the Pens will look better in game 2 tomorrow as they haven't skated in like a week so I am sure they were a bit rusty. I am positive game 2 will be a much better game as the teams have seen one another now and can game plan for on another.

On a side note I think Franzen will be back for the Wings so that could change things up a bit.

All in all though the Wings have looked unstoppable this playoff season and it might be time for the Pens to shave!

Good luck to you and your team!
Scott

Irondrake77
25th May 2008, 18:25
LOL. that was great.

I thought it was a very good game last night, even though for me it was the worst game the Pens have played in a while. The defense early on was tight, and there were lots of heavy hits by the Wings. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole game.

I honestly didn't think they'd lose for one reason early on. When the Puck hit the side of the goal and slid across the crossbar to the otherside and went off. I was sure the Hockey gods were favoring the Pens. And I would've let them Keep that first goal cause Fluery was outside of the Crease.

Should be interesting Tomorrow night for sure.

isiahstites
25th May 2008, 18:44
LOL. that was great.

I thought it was a very good game last night, even though for me it was the worst game the Pens have played in a while. The defense early on was tight, and there were lots of heavy hits by the Wings. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole game.

I honestly didn't think they'd lose for one reason early on. When the Puck hit the side of the goal and slid across the crossbar to the otherside and went off. I was sure the Hockey gods were favoring the Pens. And I would've let them Keep that first goal cause Fluery was outside of the Crease.

You got that right!! I thought the hockey gods were with you guys as well because of the first goal and then the dam puck hit both side bars of the goal........I was screaming "it should be 2-0, IT SHOULD BE 2-0!"

It is amazing how when great teams play other great teams how all of the sudden neither team looks as great as they did playing the lower seeded teams. You see this a lot in all sports, Monday is going to be great! The best thing about it is most of us are off of work as well.

Go Wings!

Scott

Gone
26th May 2008, 03:54
LOL. that was great.

Not slighting the Penguins at all-after all, they made it to the Stanley Cup. But, I don't see them taking the Wings for the Cup.

Crosby is PHENOMENAL, just an amazing player!

I think that this championship is interesting because it really is one of the youngest teams in the league against the oldest-and argueably most experienced. There was a feature on the Swedes in today's Detroit paper, that is a very talented bunch of players!

Personally, I love hockey, so I hope it goes to seven games. My pick? Wings in five. Experience trumps youth.

isiahstites
26th May 2008, 04:02
Havent the Wings been the most experienced team in the league for like the last ten years?? It seems like al of there teams are spoke as of having seasoned veterans.......maybe retenion of players and good coaching will continue to keep them an old experienced team.

Scott

Gone
26th May 2008, 04:08
Havent the Wings been the most experienced team in the league for like the last ten years?? It seems like al of there teams are spoke as of having seasoned veterans.......maybe retenion of players and good coaching will continue to keep them an old experienced team.

Scott

I think they've also done a hell of a job recruiting!

Man, I HATED Chelios when he was a Blackhawk, he's one of my favorites now ;)

isiahstites
26th May 2008, 04:26
I think they've also done a hell of a job recruiting!

Man, I HATED Chelios when he was a Blackhawk, he's one of my favorites now ;)

Yeah he is fun to watch.

ambulldogg
26th May 2008, 15:54
didn't i already tell you fools to just give hockeytown the cup?! no one will listen!

ambulldogg
27th May 2008, 03:28
Lololololololololol,ol Pits Should Be In A DoUBLe A Leauge The Way They Play! Hahahahahahahahahaha They Suck,.. Two Shut Outs! Lolololol

THEY SHOULD BRING BACK MARIO LA PUKE..LOLOLOLOL

Gone
27th May 2008, 03:31
3-0 RED WINGS!!!

I was on the edge of my seat the whole game waiting for Crosby to get one in, but they bottled him up pretty tight tonight.

Irondrake77
27th May 2008, 11:54
That was some of the most horrible playing I ever seen by the penguins. That was certainly not the team I have been watching all season long. They kept giving up the puck, they'd dump it to the Wings end, where the wings got it back almost every time. I can only hope to see something better tomorrow night.

sportysrock
29th May 2008, 23:22
This is pretty sad, just 21 years old.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080529/ap_on_sp_ho_ne/hkn_canucks_bourdon_killed

:(

snowman
29th May 2008, 23:41

Waaaay too young to go....:frownthre :frownthre :frownthre

Gone
31st May 2008, 03:12

That sucks.......

Gone
1st June 2008, 03:35
YES! 2-1 RED WINGS That was a hell of a second period! I am really impressed with the play of the Penguins-this final series really is coming down to experience, and the Wings certainly have the edge there.

Quebeker
1st June 2008, 19:13

Waaaay too young to go....:frownthre :frownthre :frownthre

That sucks.......

Not all mistakes are free, he was also a rookie at riding.
Apparently he started riding a couple weeks ago and bought the bike 2 days before crossing the center line (possibly because of 60km/h wind gusts) in front of a tractor-trailer.

Sadly, that was an error he could not learn from.
:frownone

Quebeker
1st June 2008, 19:15
didn't i already tell you fools to just give hockeytown the cup?! no one will listen!

Looks like you were right.

Sorry for being such a poor listener.:p

Brad
3rd June 2008, 03:49
Hey Drake ~ double or nothing on the OT?

Gone
3rd June 2008, 21:14
Was that a hockey game or what? Jeebus! I'm a diehard Wings fan, but you aint gonna catch me talking smack about the Penguins-Malone, Fleury, and Crosby are as good as anyone out there!

xbuzzardx
3rd June 2008, 21:50
Man, I was draggin' ass at work today.

Mike

isiahstites
4th June 2008, 00:07
Man, I was draggin' ass at work today.

Mike

You and me both!! It was all I could do to stay awake in the 3rd OT!!

sportysrock
4th June 2008, 02:52
I crashed after the 1st OT.

The pace of the finals is amazing, and to go half a 3rd OT really shows how strong those guys are.

Gone
5th June 2008, 03:47
Detroit RED WINGS win the 2008 Stanley Cup!!!!

Gone
5th June 2008, 03:50
The Penguins played one HELL of a final series, and my hat goes off to them! I'm kinda hoping that the Wings might be able to pick up Malone in a trade somewhere down the line-that guy is toughness personified!

Quebeker
5th June 2008, 20:24
Congratulations to the Wings for winning the Cup.

But, there are bigger news in the hockey world.

From Canoe.ca (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/News/2008/06/05/5782156-sun.html):

Swan song for HNIC theme
CBC to ditch 'Canada's second national anthem'?
By IRENE THOMAIDIS -- Sun Media

Should the CBC keep the HNIC theme?

The Hockey Night in Canada theme song will be shut out next season, according to the composer of the song.

The agreement between the CBC and the composer, Dolores Claman, expired last night when the last game of the 2007-'08 season was played, according to the website, hockeytheme.com.

According to the site, the CBC has advisted Claman that the contract will not be renewed and the broadcaster has chosen to move in a new direction.

The CBC was paying about $500 for each game broadcast using the anthem. The renewal offer was "virtually identical," according to the site.

"I am saddened by the decision of the CBC to drop the Hockey Night in Canada Theme after our lengthy history together," Claman said. "I nevertheless respect its right to move in a new direction."

The composition was written by Claman in 1968 and has become one of the longest running theme songs in broadcasting history, sometimes refered to as "Canada's second national anthem."

Johnny I
5th June 2008, 20:38
The Penguins played one HELL of a final series, and my hat goes off to them! I'm kinda hoping that the Wings might be able to pick up Malone in a trade somewhere down the line-that guy is toughness personified!

No offense but being from Pittsburgh and a Pens fan I'd hate to see Malone in Red and White. BTW he hates that lil' octupussy mascot you all love! :laugh

The Wings did have the better team out there, but there is always next season! GO PENS!

xbuzzardx
5th June 2008, 21:32
WOW. What a great game... and series. I really thought that it was gonna go to a game seven.

Mike

snowman
5th June 2008, 21:51
Yeah, Wings!!!

Hat's off to Ozzie in the net...:banana:banana:banana

SpringerSam
5th June 2008, 22:31
GO Wings... from Detroit Michigan...

Watched the game from Sinbad's on the beautiful Detroit River...

Sam

Gone
6th June 2008, 03:38
No offense but being from Pittsburgh and a Pens fan I'd hate to see Malone in Red and White. BTW he hates that lil' octupussy mascot you all love! :laugh

The Wings did have the better team out there, but there is always next season! GO PENS!

Oh, I understand-no offense taken. I HATED Chelios when he was a Blackhawk, but now he's one of my favorite players. Someday down the road, Malone will be one of the 'old iron men' of the league just like Cheli is now, and Igor Larionov was before him.

Quebeker
6th June 2008, 15:44

Sorry to say this, but probably not.

Not since the Devils won the Cup in 2000 then went back to the Finals in 2001 (but lost) has any finalist went back to the Finals the following season.

The last 6 Finals saw 12 different teams compete for the Cup.

Phaedrus
15th June 2008, 04:11
Don't know if there are any folks out there who care about hockey in South Florida.
You just picked up a really good coach, Peter Debour
He's been the coach for our local junior Hockey team, the Kitchener Rangers.
He will bring a winning team to Panther Fans
Give him three years and they will be a contender.

Quebeker
8th August 2008, 22:42
The Great One was traded.

Quebeker
10th September 2008, 20:11
10 days before Pre-season games.

And Sundin still won't say $hit.
I'm tempted to call him a jerk (or worse) but what if he signs with Montreal?

loki03xlh
10th September 2008, 20:29
Sorry to say this, but probably not.

Not since the Devils won the Cup in 2000 then went back to the Finals in 2001 (but lost) has any finalist went back to the Finals the following season.

The last 6 Finals saw 12 different teams compete for the Cup.

I hope that means the dead things aren't gonna be back in the finals this year!

One month until opening night!!!!

I'm counting down the days, waiting for my season tix to arrive.

Let's Go Blues!!!!!

screech69
10th September 2008, 20:42
Would it be asking too much to see the Sabres in the finals? Oh yeah, got to get to the playoffs first! Hope is all I have right now!

loki03xlh
10th September 2008, 22:22
Would it be asking too much to see the Sabres in the finals? Oh yeah, got to get to the playoffs first! Hope is all I have right now!

As long as it's the Blues and Sabres in the finals, I don't have a problem with that.

Quebeker
11th September 2008, 02:29
As long as it's the Blues and Sabres in the finals, I don't have a problem with that.

What a turn around (miracle) that would be.:p

Quebeker
13th September 2008, 00:30
Bob Gainey got tired of waiting.

Headline on RDS.ca (http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/259714.html)

"Le dossier Mats Sundin est terminé"
- Bob Gainey

From TSN.ca (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=249263&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main)

CANADIENS ACQUIRE LANG FROM BLACKHAWKS, RE-SIGN BRISEBOIS

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired forward Robert Lang from the Chicago Blackhawks, in return for a second-round selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (acquired from Toronto along with Greg Pateryn, in return for Mikhaïl Grabovski, July 3, 2008).

Lang played 76 games with the Blackhawks in 2007-08, recording 54 points (21 goals, 33 assists), posting a plus-9 rating while serving 50 penalty minutes. It was the 8th consecutive season in his NHL career with 50 points or more.

Lang has played in 875 regular-season games with six different teams (Los Angeles, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Detroit and Chicago), recording 635 points (234 goals and 401 assists), including 77 powerplay goals.

His most productive season was in 2000-01 when he recorded 80 points (32 goals, 48 assists) in 82 games with the Penguins.

The Teplice, Czech Republic native was a 7th round selection, 133rd overall, by the Los Angeles Kings in the 1990 NHL Entry Draft. He played in the 2004 NHL All-Star game as a member of the Washington Capitals.

The Canadiens also announced the signing of defenceman Patrice Brisebois to a one-year contract. As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Brisebois, rejoined the Canadiens as a free agent on August 3, 2007. During the 2007-08 season, he registered 11 points (3 goals, 8 assists) and 26 penalty minutes in 43 games with the Canadiens, averaging 16:49 minutes of ice time per game.

The 37-year-old spent the first 14 seasons of his career in a Canadiens' uniform. He played two seasons with the Colorado Avalanche in 2005-06 and 2006-07. The Montreal native thas played in 947 career regular season games in the NHL, totaling 402 points (93 goals, 309 assists).

Brisebois was selected in the second round by the Canadiens (30th overall) in the 1989 NHL Entry Draft.

screech69
13th September 2008, 03:46
What a turn around (miracle) that would be.:p

stranger things have happened, Carolina won a cup!!!

Quebeker
20th September 2008, 20:32
it starts soon.

all training camps are now open.

it starts soon.

Brad
20th September 2008, 20:36
As I did last year, I herby reserve my right to become a rabid Flyers fan if they are actually good this year. I still haven't recovered from the year I bought season tickets and they had the worst season in history.

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 01:19
Winter is coming.
I'm listening to a hockey game (Buf-Mtl, pre-season) on the radio (XM) right now.
I really enjoy listening to games instead of watching on TV.
It is kind of old school and reminds me of when I was a kid, at the cottage with no TV and only AM radio, listening to the game Saturday nights while playing cards.

Brad
24th September 2008, 01:22
Yea, Hockey and Baseball just seem better on the radio...

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 01:25
des hockey canadiens. Put dryden back in net.

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 01:33
Yea, Hockey and Baseball just seem better on the radio...

Quick little story. When St-Louis won the World series in '06, I was listening to the game on XM from the truck stop in East St-Louis, 5 miles from the stadium.
Even without a horse in that race, it did feel special.

des hockey canadiens. Put dryden back in net.

He may be a little bigger and slower now.:p

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 01:40
jaque plante?

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 01:43
jaque plante?

Dead.
For the past 22 years.
Sorry.

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 01:46
ok ok we leave the goalie alone. what happend to kirk muller? where did he finish.

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 01:53
ok ok we leave the goalie alone. what happend to kirk muller? where did he finish.

As a player, he retired in Dallas,
Now, he's behind the Habs' bench as an assistant.

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 01:57
good, always liked his passing. he realy knew who was and where everybody was on the ice.

Koot
24th September 2008, 02:08
Vancouver at Edmonton pre-season on TV last night
Edmonton at Vancouver tonight, also televised

I was listening on the radio (had no tv in those days) when Henderson scored "the goal" in game 8 of the 1972 Canada/USSR series. Thrilling ! ! !

Koot

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 02:21
Vancouver at Edmonton pre-season on TV last night
Edmonton at Vancouver tonight, also televised

I was listening on the radio (had no tv in those days) when Henderson scored "the goal" in game 8 of the 1972 Canada/USSR series. Thrilling ! ! !

Koot

I was only 4 for that series so I don't remember the games themselves, but I do remember being allowed to stay up late and watch them, sitting next to my Dad while the grown-ups were playing cards.

Koot
24th September 2008, 02:55
........sitting next to my Dad while the grown-ups were playing cards.

I bet they stopped the card playing in the third period of game eight though. :)

Luango just gave up his first goal of the season, (he didn't play last night) and it was a weak shot. :frownthre

Another frustrating year for Canucks fans coming up I fear :censor

Koot

mucrew
24th September 2008, 02:59
I bet they stopped the card playing in the third period of game eight though. :)

Luango just gave up his first goal of the season, (he didn't play last night) and it was a weak shot. :frownthre

Koot

i wouldn't worry too much about it. luongo is one of my favorite goalies in the league. i always thought he was the best, bar none, when he was in florida.

but now i love biron! :clap

adam

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 03:07

Koot

I may not remember the win but I do remember the excitement in the room.
Never felt that vibe again. I guess the closest I got was in 86 and 93 when the Habs won their 2 Cups of my adult life.

In Roberval, Qc where the Habs were playing tonight, they won for the 1st time in 4 1/2 months by beating the Sabres 3-2.

Koot
24th September 2008, 03:58
.......Never felt that vibe again..... .

I know what you mean, it really was "The Goal of the Century" for most Canadians. Cool that you remember something like that from when you were 4 years old.

Another outstanding memory (at least after we had won the series) for me was the play of Vladimir Tretiak, one of the all time great goalies of hockey.

Koot

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:03
I think tretiak had one bad game in his life. 4-3 usa 1980

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 04:14
I know what you mean, it really was "The Goal of the Century" for most Canadians. Cool that you remember something like that from when you were 4 years old.

Another outstanding memory (at least after we had won the series) for me was the play of Vladimir Tretiak, one of the all time great goalies of hockey.

Koot

It is my oldest memory, not that I remember much but mostly the feeling.
My next memory is the days before my 5th birthday, wanting to open that box under the table in the camper. I knew it was my big Tonka dump truck.

Back to hockey.
At one of the malls in Montreal (I think it's Cote-Vertu), there is (was?) a life size Ken Dryden bronze statue, in his classic pose. Like this one.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/104547643_5e03592010.jpgThat one is at the Hall Of Fame.
My favorite player. In those safer days, when I was 6-7-8 years old, my Mom knew she could go to the mall, leave me with Ken and I would not venture anywhere else. I would just stare at him or play around him, pretending I was trying to score on him.
And for the record, I was not the only kid doing that.

Koot
24th September 2008, 04:19
Tretiak took a lot of heat in Russia over Henderson's goal but he was still the best they ever had. Canadian fans showed him a lot of respect when they saw what he was capable of in the net.

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:21
It is my oldest memory, not that I remember much but mostly the feeling.
My next memory is the days before my 5th birthday, wanting to open that box under the table in the camper. I knew it was my big Tonka dump truck.

Back to hockey.
At one of the malls in Montreal (I think it's Cote-Vertu), there is (was?) a life size Ken Dryden bronze statue, in his classic pose. Like this one.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/104547643_5e03592010.jpgThat one is at the Hall Of Fame.
My favorite player. In those safer days, when I was 6-7-8 years old, my Mom knew she could go to the mall, leave me with Ken and I would not venture anywhere else. I would just stare at him or play around him, pretending I was trying to score on him.
And for the record, I was not the only kid doing that.

And just think he left to be a lawyer, and then came back.

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 04:25
He was good enough that Montreal drafted him in '83 when he was 31 years old.
In a way, it's not a bad thing the Russian government refused to let him go.
Roy showed up in '86 but if Tretiak would have been there, Patrick probably would have stayed on the bench and history would be very different.

Koot
24th September 2008, 04:30
I always liked Dryden, an outstanding goalie and a class player. Hope he gets re-elected to Parliament, if he is even running again. Great statue!

Johnny Bower was the hockey hero of my childhood back in the 60s when the Leafs actually won some cups. I kind of hate to admit it (being this old :shhhh) but my earliest hockey memory is seeing (on a neighbours tv) Rocket Richard in the playoffs storming in on the right wing, cutting in front of the net and putting a backhander in the net. That is a memory that stuck!

Koot

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 04:31
And just think he left to be a lawyer, and then came back.

Interesting fact about Dryden. He is the only NHL player to ever win the Stanley Cup one year then the following season win Rookie of the Year.
For his 1st Cup, he did not play during the regular season and did not qualify for the Calder Trophy.

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:36
jean beliveau was the guy my dad made me study. class, tough and god could he skate.

NoBoZoS
24th September 2008, 04:38
http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/STC1961.jpg
http://cdn.nhl.com/blackhawks/bc/images/assets/icecrew/icecrew06a.jpg
http://nhl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1852296dt.jpg
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/64/44764-155.gif
http://sportcardexpo.com/storemaker/images/tonye1.jpg

Koot
24th September 2008, 04:38
For his 1st Cup, he did not play during the regular season

Ya! May 1971, great series, I listened to that one on the radio too. :laugh :laugh

Dryden, the kid from nowhere became "The Man".

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:39
Interesting fact about Dryden. He is the only NHL player to ever win the Stanley Cup one year then the following season win Rookie of the Year.
For his 1st Cup, he did not play during the regular season and did not qualify for the Calder Trophy.

didnt patric win the cup his rookie year. when he had just the white mask?

Koot
24th September 2008, 04:44
NoBoZos, just tell me Dominic Hasek is gone for good and I'll be happy.

Koot

Koot
24th September 2008, 04:46
jean beliveau was the guy my dad made me study. class, tough and god could he skate.

Always a gentleman, back in the days when that meant something.

Quebeker
24th September 2008, 04:51
didnt patric win the cup his rookie year. when he had just the white mask?

Yes, he won the Cup but not rookie of the year in his 1st season.

But Ken won the Cup before being an "official" rookie.
Serious, he did not play during the regular season. Only 6 regular season games and 20 play-offs.
He also won the Conn-Smythe for series MVP.

Then the following year he was rookie of the year.

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:52
Always a gentleman, back in the days when that meant something.

straight sticks, no helmits, no goalie masks (well plante had that crazy spider thing) and the enforcer could be your highest goal scorer

Ireeman
24th September 2008, 04:55
Yes, he won the Cup but not rookie of the year in his 1st season.

But Ken won the Cup before being an "official" rookie.
Serious, he did not play during the regular season. Only 6 regular season games and 20 play-offs.
He also won the Conn-Smythe for series MVP.

Then the following year he was rookie of the year.

ALL HAIL DRYDEN! non francais speaker . tough because you guys were trying to leave canada at the time. (first time,third, i forget, ).
It had to be a wierd locker room back then. francais on one side and englais on the other. tough dynamics but they brought the cups home eh.

NoBoZoS
24th September 2008, 04:56
Koot

I friggen well hope so!!...I hated him in Buffalo...and have hated him since...he's a drunk...I wished they had picked up Joseph when they had the chance...

Quebeker
27th September 2008, 15:29
Still only pre-season but OTT-0 MTL-5.

http://www.rds.ca/images/chroniques/260555_resize.jpg

loki03xlh
2nd October 2008, 19:49
Anyone catch the beatdown the Blues put on the leafs last night? 7-3 with a few entertaining scrums thrown in.

jjwaller
3rd October 2008, 16:24
I dont know how the other Wild fans feel out there but I am pumped about this coming season. WE ARE GETTING A MASCOT!!!!!

PS
Still have no idea what a Wild is but now we will know!

dragon62
3rd October 2008, 18:55
go pens !!!!!!!1http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:G4DssWBs9-NhvM:http://www.rinajacks.com/images/pittsburghpenguins.gif

Irondrake77
5th October 2008, 02:27
And the Pens got the win today in Stockholm. Leading the game early with a score in the first minute, and finishing it in overtime just seconds before they would have to decide it in a shoot-out.

GO PENS

dragon62
5th October 2008, 02:34
Tyler's the man today....http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2008-10-04/1005pens1-a.jpg

Irondrake77
5th October 2008, 18:19
Today is the second game from Stockholm with the Penguins and the Senators. These are my observations going into this game and the start of the regular season ( all the regular game should be over here, none of this over-seas crap).

The Pens do really well when they score early, but this wasn't the case yesterday. Fluery is still good, maybe a little more help till he gets back in the groove again.

I hated this last year, and I'm still seeing it again: The pens constantly dumping the puck towards the opposing side, and the other team can always skate it in. close those pockets and follow the puck in. that's all I'm saying.

Go Pens

dragon62
5th October 2008, 18:29
I know what you mean... It seems no one can carry it in.... it's always "dump and chase"... my primary concern is the absence of Gonchar on powerplay point...no one is better keeping puck in play.....besides good ole Larry Murphy.....:D

loki03xlh
11th October 2008, 06:39
Blues Win!!!!!

5-2 over Nashville
Walt with 2 goals and 6 PIM

Quebeker
11th October 2008, 12:23
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/100-splash-Page.jpg

But they lose in a shoot-out against Buffalo.
Tonight they play the undefeated Leafs.:p

Quebeker
12th October 2008, 04:47
Some Maple Leafs fans, after their favorite team beat the Stanley Cup Champions earlier this week, got a little carried away.
After 1 game, they were already thinking play-offs and championship.

Well,

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/Untitled-12.jpg

That'll shut'em up.

Quebeker
12th October 2008, 04:54
Good thing Fleury was better than his defense.
Pens allowed the Devils to shoot 49 times. Think about it, the Devils took 49 shots on goals. It's gotta be close to a record.
And the Pens should be embarrased for taking only 2 shots in a period.
(Even the Blues did better.:p)
I guess they do miss Gonchar.

dragon62
13th October 2008, 03:11
They miss Gonchar and Whitney.....they have alot of searching to do to find the right chemistry... but coach Therrien is will put it together....http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070305rad_pens_therrienPJ_450.jpg

loki03xlh
13th October 2008, 20:19
Blues win!!!!!

5-4 shootout win in Toronto over the Leafs.

Blues in 1st place!!!

dragon62
13th October 2008, 20:59
congrats Blues.....Leafs have been on fire......http://bhs.broo.k12.wv.us/homepage/staff/clozier/pens2.gif

Quebeker
14th October 2008, 02:20
.....Leafs have been on fire......

They have 1 win in 3 games, I wouldn't call that on fire.:p

And Habs came back from a 1-2 score at the beginning of the 3rd to win 5-3 against the Flyers.

dragon62
14th October 2008, 02:22
my bad......:frownthre:frownthre:frownthre

Quebeker
16th October 2008, 03:39
Montreal wins the home opener against Boston 3-4 in a shoot-out.
They took a 3 goal lead in the 1st, Boston tied with less than a minute and forced overtime but failed to win it.

Ireeman
16th October 2008, 03:54
let les bon ton rolle'.

Quebeker
16th October 2008, 17:30
The BlackHawks fired Dennis Savard.
WTF?

4 games in the season with a better team than what he had to work with before.

From TSN.ca:

Despite a 4-1 win over the Phoenix Coyotes on Wednesday, Denis Savard's tenure as the coach of the Chicago Blackhawks has come to an end.

The team has announced former Avalanche and Blues coach Joel Quenneville will take over behind the bench. Chicago will hold a news conference at 5:30pm et on Thursday.

The Blackhawks made the move to let their coach of three years go, after the club got off to a slow 1-2-1 start.

"I'm disappointed but I guess it's the nature of the business," Savard told ESPN when contacted on Thursday.

"I know I was doing a good job, I'm dedicated to my work. Obviously they felt they had to make a change, so what can you do."

Expectations are high in Chicago this season. The club added free agent defenceman Brian Campbell, and free agent goaltender Cristobal Huet in the off-season to add to the core group of Martin Havlat, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

"The only thing I can say is that last year I thought I did a heck of a job with our young kids," added Savard. "Eight to 10 rookies in our lineup. We had a bit of a slow start this year but I thought the team was on the right track. I guess it goes with the territory. As a coach you're judged on wins and losses."

In 147 games as Blackhawks coach, Savard posted a 65-66-16 record.

There had to be other shit happening backstage.

loki03xlh
16th October 2008, 17:38
The BlackHawks fired Dennis Savard.
WTF?

4 games in the season with a better team than what he had to work with before.

From TSN.ca:

There had to be other shit happening backstage.

I heard that Savard went behind the GM's back to talk to ownership about a contract extension. Anyways, congrats to Joel, he's a good coach and deserves another coaching gig. I look forward to booing him on Saturday!

loki03xlh
21st October 2008, 01:00
Blues beat the 'hawks sat night 4-3 in a shootout!

No fights on the ice, but there was a big fight in the stands.

The rivalry is back!

Quebeker
21st October 2008, 11:32
The Habs beat the Coyotes on Saturday and the Panthers yesterday.
That's 5 wins in a row.
And 2nd place overall in the NHL, 2 points behind the Rangers who played 3 more games.

dragon62
21st October 2008, 12:37
Pens beat Boston in shootout.....Boston's Tim Thomas was "Malkin-ized"http://sportchitchat.com/wp-content/plugins/hot-linked-image-cacher/upload/i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/michael_farber/04/15/penguins.malkin/T1_0415_malkin.jpg:D

Quebeker
25th October 2008, 02:27
Stupid question: are the Habs the only team that got the week off?

They last played (and won) Monday against Florida and off till tomorrow facing the Ducks in Montreal.

Sylvan
25th October 2008, 11:43
Sabres are undefeated. WooHoo!!!

Quebeker
25th October 2008, 20:44
Sabres are undefeated. WooHoo!!!

Hmmm, they may have a "0" in the "L" column (same with the Habs), but they did lose in a shoot-out against Atlanta.

loki03xlh
26th October 2008, 22:50
Blues destroyed the panthers using their 3rd and 4th string goalies 4-0. It was a much better game than the night before.

MNDave
28th October 2008, 07:26
the wild are 6-0-1 without gaborik. keep an eye on the state of hockey this season.

loki03xlh
30th October 2008, 18:12
4 days without a game :madtwo: madhead
Can't wait for the Blues to beat down the 'canes tonight!

Quebeker
30th October 2008, 18:27
4 days without a game :madtwo: madhead
Can't wait for the Blues to beat down the 'canes tonight!

This schedule is f:censor up.
The Rangers have 12 games played.
Montreal only 8 and had a 4 day break already and have a 5 day one in November.
Hell, Phoenix only played 7 games so far.

dragon62
30th October 2008, 18:29
must be built in this season with all the teams.... Pens playing 10/30 @ phoenix....then off until next saturday 11/08......:frownthre:frownthre:frownthre

RcRacer
30th October 2008, 19:03
I was hesitant to say anything because I don't know if it's for real yet but the NY Rangers are 9-2-1. A great start to the season. I hope they keep it up.
I will be at MSG tonight to cheer them on, against Atlanta, for their 10th win :smoke

Quebeker
1st November 2008, 23:19
Canadians vs Islanders tonight.
And it will be my 1st game in HD on this TV:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/PB010055.jpg

Quebeker
2nd November 2008, 01:53
Holy crap HD hockey is so much better.
And Habs sucked for the 45 first minutes.
After 2, it was 1-4 for the Isles.
Then Montreal woke up and won 5-4.

Winning goal in HD:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/PB010058.jpg

And a note on the schedule, Montreal now is off for 6 days.
They don't play until next Friday then they play 4 games in the following 6 days.

Ireeman
7th November 2008, 09:03
a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

ReddTigger
7th November 2008, 09:06
I was hesitant to say anything because I don't know if it's for real yet but the NY Rangers are 9-2-1. A great start to the season. I hope they keep it up.
I will be at MSG tonight to cheer them on, against Atlanta, for their 10th win :smoke

APPLAUSE to another RANGERS fan..

although they did lose to the Guylanders........................................ ...

but I'll take 11-4-1 anyday

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/logos/75/nyr.gif

Quebeker
9th November 2008, 11:41
Not a good week-end for the Habs.
Shoot-out loss to Columbus on Friday.
And lost 6-3 vs Toronto yesterday.

Quebeker
12th November 2008, 02:31
Montreal got back on track.
Shuts out Ottawa, wins 4-0.
Chris Higgins gets his 1st career hat trick.

dragon62
12th November 2008, 02:57
Pens defeat Detroit in overtime....7-6. They were behind 5-2 until Jordan Staal's natural hat trick in 3rd period and overtime assist to Fedotenko.... woooooooooooohttp://nothingbutballs.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/jordan-staal-pens.jpg....:banana:banana:banana

Ireeman
13th November 2008, 06:52
the habs on top they are. Go mulley.

screech69
13th November 2008, 17:37
GO SABRES!!! sorry Habs fans, had to do it.

Quebeker
13th November 2008, 17:45
GO SABRES!!! sorry Habs fans, had to do it.

They're up by only 1 point but played 2 more games.

If you look at the standings in the East, it's quite different than a couple years ago.

Rangers are 1st but they played 19 games already (3 to 6 more than everybody else).
But then Boston, Washington, Buffalo and Montreal.
2-3 years ago, they were battling for 8th.

And the "big guns", Tampa is 12th, Ottawa is 10th. Jersey is barely in 8th.

dragon62
13th November 2008, 17:59
http://www.chuckthomas.com/pencostr.jpg..:D:D:D

Gone
13th November 2008, 23:00
heading out in a few to watch the Wild kick the Coyotes ass tonight! woot woot!! lets go WILD!!! lets go WILD!!!

Quebeker
14th November 2008, 02:13
Habs are getting killed by the Bruins.
1-6 in the 3rd.

I'm punching out and going to bed.
I'll read the autopsy report in the morning.

Ireeman
14th November 2008, 02:24
That's ok, bear season doesn't start untill the first round of the cup.
And the habs have always got a permit.

screech69
15th November 2008, 21:10
Melrose was fired, anyone feel bad? Not me but I am concerned how he is going to pay for his hair care products! LOSER!!!

Quebeker
15th November 2008, 21:14
Melrose was fired, anyone feel bad? Not me but I am concerned how he is going to pay for his hair care products! LOSER!!!

That was weird they hired him in the 1st place. He had been off the bench for about 12 years.
Then it's weird they fire him so quickly.
But I'm not concerned about his finances. He had a 3 year contract at a few mils a year. I have a feeling he's gonna get most of it.

screech69
15th November 2008, 21:18
I just love seeing that pompass ass fired and shoved to the street. I'm sure he'll be back on TV but I also think that Barnaby is doing fairly well on ESPN and would rather listen to him anyday. Oh yeah Sabres got crushed last night and they never fare well after playing the day before. Might be a long night!!!

screech69
16th November 2008, 03:28
like I said, a long night! Up 2-1 in the 3rd and lose 5-2.

Quebeker
16th November 2008, 13:11
Habs drop one more.
To the Flyers this time.

dragon62
16th November 2008, 20:28
Go Pens..... win 6 straight.....Malkin on 13 game scoring streak...one shy of breaking team record set by Mario Lemieux....http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/Fleury29/zmalkin8x10mario.jpg

Quebeker
17th November 2008, 11:12
I was working so I couldn't watch the Habs game.
And I didn't listen to it on XM because I was busy listening to Jimmy Johnson win his 3rd straight Cup Championship.
But Habs beat the Blues in a shoot-out.

screech69
17th November 2008, 17:38
Go Pens..... win 6 straight.....Malkin on 13 game scoring streak...one shy of breaking team record set by Mario Lemieux....http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/Fleury29/zmalkin8x10mario.jpg

Crosby set a record also, he has lived at the owners house for several years and no signs of leaving! Anybody think this is weird, or just me?

dragon62
17th November 2008, 17:43
Crosby set a record also, he has lived at the owners house for several years and no signs of leaving! Anybody think this is weird, or just me?

took a lesser than market value salary to help the team...but undisclosed amount for babysitting and pool cleaning......:laugh:D:laugh

screech69
19th November 2008, 17:15
That is some funny stuff!!!

dragon62
19th November 2008, 21:10
That is some funny stuff!!!

thanks....I'll be here all week....:danceman

superwarden
19th November 2008, 22:28
Too bad the Wild ended the streak last night!

dragon62
19th November 2008, 22:40
Too bad the Wild ended the streak last night!
broke my heart.... especially since their only regulation goal we put in off a face off in our own end....at least we beat Backstrom on a real goal..:D

superwarden
20th November 2008, 03:33
True, I just wish this Backstrom was around last year, we would have won the Cup. I guess every year needs to be a contract year for him to live up to his potential...

waspkid
20th November 2008, 04:01
You mean there are other hockey teams besides the 16-3-1 SHARKS?

dragon62
20th November 2008, 14:37
True, I just wish this Backstrom was around last year, we would have won the Cup. I guess every year needs to be a contract year for him to live up to his potential...

yeah man ...... he just may be best in the league.... his mechanics are dead on...... can you say Marty who ????:D:D

screech69
20th November 2008, 14:39
MARTY WHO! there I said it!

dragon62
20th November 2008, 15:13
MARTY WHO! there I said it!

there you have it....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/JesGolbez/brodeur03.jpg....http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/crying-baby.jpg.....:D:D:D

ericn28
20th November 2008, 16:08
Go Stars!!!

waspkid
23rd November 2008, 06:01
WoooHooo!!!:D

Quebeker
23rd November 2008, 11:22
Habs are having a tough time against the Bruins this year.
But do get a point by losing in the shoot-out.

Ireeman
23rd November 2008, 11:30
Hoser, I told you that bear season starts with the cup.

screech69
23rd November 2008, 22:47
anyone know where he Sabres are, I watched the game the other night and the only team that showed up was the Isles'. At least the Bills won today...

loki03xlh
23rd November 2008, 23:09
The Blues are on a roll!!!!!!! Beat the Ducks friday and the Wild last night. We're not in last place anymore!!!!!!!!!

loki03xlh
26th November 2008, 03:48
The Blues beat Nashville 1-0 in a shootout. Mason makes 47 saves plus two in the shootout. The Blues have won 4 out of the last 5 and have 9 out of 10 possible points in those games!

Let's Go Blues!!!!!

Gone
26th November 2008, 04:15
Went to Joe Louis last week to see the mighty mighty Red Wings defeat the Oilers, here's a picture I took of the Gordie Howe statue at the arena entrance.http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg240/sportsterideragogo/DSC01710.jpg