Quebeker
23rd October 2011, 02:59
Habs lose again, this time in OT.

xlSleeper
23rd October 2011, 03:08
Pens win again.

Quebeker
23rd October 2011, 03:18
A couple more weeks of this and I may have to request a trade. :-)

Phaedrus
23rd October 2011, 05:01
Habs lose again, this time in OT.

You forgot to mention that the Leafs beat the Habs (again)

Quebeker
23rd October 2011, 15:42
You forgot to mention that the Leafs beat the Habs (again)

And that the player who finished them is a former Hab. :frownone

Quebeker
25th October 2011, 13:50
Damn! Habs lost again. And its not like they had a bad game or the goalie sucked. Hell, he was the 2nd Star of the night. Problem is, 1st Star was the Panthers' goaltender.

Phaedrus
25th October 2011, 13:54
Well I predicted that the leafs would get off to a hot start and then fizzle and Ron Wilson (last year of a three year deal) would be gone by 2012.

The are riding in the backs of Kessel and Reimer, that can't last for the season

Airbozo
25th October 2011, 15:43
Well I predicted that the leafs would get off to a hot start and then fizzle and Ron Wilson (last year of a three year deal) would be gone by 2012.

The are riding in the backs of Kessel and Reimer, that can't last for the season

Too bad for Ronnie. Sam situation he was in in SJ. Ron was a good coach, but could not get the Sharks to the level they needed to be to go deep into the playoff's. Todd has been better, but something is still lacking.

Ireeman
26th October 2011, 03:15
Chanson des Séries 2003-04 du Canadien de Montréal - YouTube

Quebeker
28th October 2011, 15:38
The Habs have stopped digging the hole they're in. They won 2 in a row, vs Philly (5-1) and Boston (2-1).

Gauthier (the GM) fired the assistant coach an hour before the Philly game. Paul Martin (head coach) disagreed with that but after a brief conversation, he realized that was the right call, ie, Gauthier told Martin something to the effect of "Are you sure? Coz I can fire you too."

Ireeman
28th October 2011, 15:57
He was in charge of power plays......or lack of them.

Phaedrus
28th October 2011, 16:17
In the sporting world its bush league to fire an assistant coach, and not the head coach.

The head coach in the end needs to take responsibility for the teams play. Period. Paul Martin knows this.

These type of knee jerk reactions may have a positive effect in the short term, but we shall see what happens over the next month.

Quebeker
28th October 2011, 16:39
Perry Pearn, the ass.coach, is a close friend of Paul Martin.
I dont think his firing was a knee jerk reaction, it was a threat to Martin but at the same giving Martin a chance to fix the problems.

loki03xlh
28th October 2011, 18:53
The Blues go for their 4th win in a row tonight at Calgary. I'll DVR it, and watch it later if I'm not too tired from watching game 7....

Let's go Cardinals!!!!!

Airbozo
28th October 2011, 19:02
The Blues go for their 4th win in a row tonight at Calgary. I'll DVR it, and watch it later if I'm not too tired from watching game 7....

Let's go Cardinals!!!!!

Game 7?!?! It's only October...

(I must admit I don't even know who is in the series this year...)

I am looking forward to the Sharks vs Red Wings game tonight. Detroit has an axe to grind...

Phaedrus
28th October 2011, 19:18
Perry Pearn, the ass.coach, is a close friend of Paul Martin.
I dont think his firing was a knee jerk reaction, it was a threat to Martin but at the same giving Martin a chance to fix the problems.

I gotta have a friendly disagreement with you on this point.

Of course it was knee jerk, the fans want answers, there is panic in the Bell Centre. The worst start in 70 years of franchise history.:shhhh
You think last week Pearn was on the radar screen?
You think he's responsible for the worst start in over 70 years?

I think it was more of a wake up call to the players, however the real problem is that the team is undermanned particularly on defence, and that responsibility lies with the GM.

It would be like you being fired by your bosses boss, because your boss and his boss, can't get their act together. Not nice.

Quebeker
29th October 2011, 17:36
OK, lets disagree. :p

It wasnt a knee jerk reaction because management in Montreal never panics and never care much for what the fans think or say.

They fired Carbonneau twice (once as Captain, and once as coach) while people loved him.
They traded Halak while the whole city believed in him more than they believed in Jesus.
They missed the playoffs a few years ago and nobody lost their jobs.

There is panic at the Bell Center, but its in the stands, not on the 7th floor where Gauthier's office is.
No doubt that Pearn is being a scapegoat but I think his firing is about something else too.
For all we know, he may have been banging Gauthier's wife and that was the perfect time to get rid of him.

Phaedrus
29th October 2011, 18:03
OK, lets disagree. :p

They fired Carbonneau twice (once as Captain, and once as coach) while people loved him.
They traded Halak while the whole city believed in him more than they believed in Jesus.
They missed the playoffs a few years ago and nobody lost their jobs.

Ok fair comment, should be interesting watching what happens.

I suspect both Martin and Wilson will be filing for EI sometime in 2012:)

btw, my previous strong opinion, was partly to stay true to the original post in this thread:D

Quebeker
29th October 2011, 18:56
Ok fair comment, should be interesting watching what happens.

I suspect both Martin and Wilson will be filing for EI sometime in 2012:)

btw, my previous strong opinion, was partly to stay true to the original post in this thread:D

I like strong opinions, as long as they come with open mindedness, it makes for interesting discussions.

I would say that in the case of the Habs, I think that if they make the playoffs or not, Gauthier might be looking for a new job. Martin will be gone if they dont make it. And if they play hockey in May or June, he might be OK but will depend on the new GM.

Who that new GM could be?
Word is that an Hall of Famer, former Hab, Quebec Junior League owner/GM/coach is ready for a new challenge.

Ireeman
29th October 2011, 19:10
Word is that an Hall of Famer, former Hab, Quebec Junior League owner/GM/coach is ready for a new challenge.

They are going to reanimate Newsy? I can see the papers now, Lalonde the Zombie GM takes the Habs to 25 coups...:banana

Quebeker
30th October 2011, 02:54
Thats 3 in a row for Montreal.

Now if only someone could explain the schedule to me. They just played 4 games in the last week and they now have a week off, next game is Friday in Ottawa.

Ireeman
30th October 2011, 02:59
Don't get to happy Boston sucks right now.....funny, most of the deep play off teams from last year are struggling right now.

Quebeker
4th November 2011, 16:05
When is the last time the Leafs were 1st overall?

Airbozo
4th November 2011, 16:19
Great game at the tank last night!

Looked bad when the Penguins scored 2 goals in the first 2 minutes. After the first goal, we were taking bets if Niemi would last all game or not and sure as shit they pulled him right after the second goal. The second fastest hook in Sharks history. Greiss came in and played stellar. Still, the Sharks were fairly listless in the first period, but came out in the second looking for blood. They found it and more.

Overall it was a great game with battles going for the puck at both ends. Happy that the Sharks came out on top, and just learned this morning that Pittsburgh has not won at the tank since '97...

Looking forward to Saturday's game against Nashville...

Quebeker
5th November 2011, 04:03
4 in a row for MTL. They arent out of the hole they dugged themselves into but they have stopped digging.

Ireeman
5th November 2011, 04:11
Hows that power play work now?

Phaedrus
5th November 2011, 10:51
I guess the ass coach Perry was the problem all along, my bad:o

Quebeker
5th November 2011, 13:08
I guess the ass coach Perry was the problem all along, my bad:o

:lolsign

Quebeker
6th November 2011, 11:58
The Habs lost last night at MSG and they gave the 1st 2 stars to Dean Morton and Tim Peel.

dragon62
22nd November 2011, 02:49
frickin unreal....Syd returns....2 goals....2 assists.....Pens wins 5-0....the kid is back.....GO PENS......:D:D

Gcram399
22nd November 2011, 03:20
frickin unreal....Syd returns....2 goals....2 assists.....Pens wins 5-0....the kid is back.....GO PENS......:D:D

Was there ever any doubt????

rpoz20
22nd November 2011, 20:43
9 in a row for my B's.... I can start posting again!!!

:sofa:cheers

Ireeman
22nd November 2011, 20:45
Habs got blanked by the Bruins..WTF!

rpoz20
22nd November 2011, 21:03
:usa3:usa2:us::us::us::us:

Airbozo
22nd November 2011, 21:05

Meanwhile, another player gets a hat trick and is not even mentioned...

Too much hype over one (fairly good) player...

Let's see how he takes a hit.

Ireeman
22nd November 2011, 21:17
As long as McSorely and stick doesn't do it he will be ok.

Phaedrus
22nd November 2011, 21:25
Meanwhile, another player gets a hat trick and is not even mentioned...

Too much hype over one (fairly good) player...

Let's see how he takes a hit.

I predict that "fairly good player" will end up with the most points at the end of the season despite the late start (assuming he plays the rest of the season)

Airbozo
22nd November 2011, 21:26
I predict that "fairly good player" will end up with the most points at the end of the season despite the late start (assuming he plays the rest of the season)

We'll see. One game is not enough to tell if he is really back up to speed.

sportysrock
23rd November 2011, 03:12
Habs got blanked by the Bruins..WTF!

Boston is a buzz saw right now, and Tim Thomas is pretty good. 3 SO, 2 in a row.

Quebeker
1st December 2011, 03:44
Holy crap the Habs suck.
They're playing the Ducks right now, 1st period has just ended. Habs scored early in the game and got 3 consecutive PP at the end of the 1st. Not only unable to score but unable to establish any semblance of presence in the Ducks territory in almost 6 straight minutes at 5 on 4.
And they let the Ducks score with 19seconds from the end of the period.

Quebeker
1st December 2011, 04:35
I could go to Montreal, buy some skates and shoulder pads and I think I could help the Habs powerplay. I sure couldnt make it any worse

Quebeker
1st December 2011, 13:34
The Ducks won last night, 4-1 and about everybody else lost in that game.
The Habs PP was 0 for 7. And Randy Carlyle, the coach of the winning team got fired after the game. Bruce Boudreau is the new Ducks coach.

Ireeman
1st December 2011, 22:25
Mully is the new coach for Carolina?

Airbozo
1st December 2011, 22:35
I could go to Montreal, buy some skates and shoulder pads and I think I could help the Habs powerplay. I sure couldnt make it any worse

Damn, and I am going to miss tonight Montreal vs San Jose game... I think San Jose is 0-12 on their powerplay...

(I have to go home and clean up after the massive windstorms so I sold my tickets)

DKHAN
2nd December 2011, 08:28
Was there ever any doubt????

Put me in front of Dipietro and I'll get 4 points!

dragon62
2nd December 2011, 16:12
Put me in front of Dipietro and I'll get 4 points!

sorry.....wasn't Dipetro.....it was Anders Nilsson....Dipietro still has concussion issues.....:D:D

Quebeker
6th December 2011, 12:54
What do you guys think of the new League Conferences format?
I like it.

From TSN.ca (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065)

Proposed NHL Realignment

Conference A
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Conference B
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Conference C
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

Quebeker
9th December 2011, 14:11
Here's a prediction: the Montreal Canadiens will not make the playoffs.

Not when they lose 24% of their games in OT or SO. Like last night. Thats 7 points not earned so far. Those 7 points right now, in the East, mean the difference between 2nd place and 11th.

And yesterday it wasnt like they got lucky and tied it at the last second and went in OT, they had a 3 goal lead halfway thru the 2nd period.

Ireeman
9th December 2011, 15:01
well at least in the new alignment they would not be in last place.

Quebeker
9th December 2011, 17:17
Woah! Big news in the hockey world today (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382315).
And I'm not sure about all the implications.

Bell Canada and Rogers Communications buy 75% of MLSE, Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment for a cool $1.3 Billion.
MLSE owns the Toronto Maple Leafs, the NBA's Raptors, the Toronto FC of Major League Soccer, the American Hockey League's Toronto Marlies and the Air Canada Centre.

What is a bit strange is that Bell and Rogers are competitors on every level, phones, home and cell, TV, Rogers is cable, Bell is satellite, internet, etc.

And Bell is also a shareholder of the Montreal Canadiens.

Are companies or individuals allowed to be owner/ part owner of more than 1 team?

Quebeker
9th December 2011, 17:25
Oh, another bit of news, the Habs acquire Tomas Kaberle from Carolina for Jaroslav Spacek. On paper that is a great trade for Montreal. But you gotta wonder why trade for a guy Boston didnt want to re-sign on July 1st and why Carolina trades him after signing him as a free-agent 5months ago.

DKHAN
12th December 2011, 09:29
Orange & Black win 5 in a row and no we don't miss Richards/Carter.
CBJ 8-17 and Murray on way out in LA.

Phaedrus
12th December 2011, 11:03
Woah! Big news in the hockey world today (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382315).
And I'm not sure about all the implications.

Bell Canada and Rogers Communications buy 75% of MLSE, Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment for a cool $1.3 Billion.
MLSE owns the Toronto Maple Leafs, the NBA's Raptors, the Toronto FC of Major League Soccer, the American Hockey League's Toronto Marlies and the Air Canada Centre.

What is a bit strange is that Bell and Rogers are competitors on every level, phones, home and cell, TV, Rogers is cable, Bell is satellite, internet, etc.

And Bell is also a shareholder of the Montreal Canadiens.

Are companies or individuals allowed to be owner/ part owner of more than 1 team?

It just proves what we Canadians already know, there is no competition with these two companies, thats why we pay more than we should and accept the lousy service.

No supprise that the media has not brought this up as, well they own it.

superwarden
12th December 2011, 12:35
I like it.

Proposed NHL Realignment

Conference A
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Conference B
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Conference C
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

I like it, at least I won't have to stay up till midnight to watch WILD road games...

Quebeker
17th December 2011, 18:37
It just proves what we Canadians already know, there is no competition with these two companies, thats why we pay more than we should and accept the lousy service.

No supprise that the media has not brought this up as, well they own it.

Thats a great :censor point.

And more big nws out of Montreal. The Habs' GM is trying to save his butt and fires headcoach Jacques Martin. But the guy he put in the interim spot Randy Cunneyworth maybe well qualified but it will not sit well with the Habs fan as he only speaks English. 1st time in close to 30 years that the coach in Montreal doesnt speak French. A year ago, Gauthier also got rid of the scouts that were exclusively checking out the Quebec Junior League. Some people are starting to wonder what is his problem with les Quebecois, even if he is one himself.

Quebeker
18th December 2011, 05:21
different coach, same shit.

Phaedrus
18th December 2011, 12:42
Perhaps they can bring back Perry:sofa

All my Montreal Fan friends are kinda quiet, it's nice:D

Ireeman
18th December 2011, 15:04
They should have kept Muller and made him headcoach.

Phaedrus
20th December 2011, 11:08
So the Habs lose again, this time to long time rival Boston

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/sportster1200/940-bruins-habs-8col.jpg

Boston came at Carey Price from every angle

Quebeker
20th December 2011, 12:29
Perhaps they can bring back Perry:sofa

All my Montreal Fan friends are kinda quiet, it's nice:D

I told ya, when they fired Perry, it was a message to Martin that if they werent climbing up the standings, he was next.

All my Leafs friends keep real quiet on the fact that the Leafs are getting damn close to the 9th spot in the East. :p

Nobody Special
20th December 2011, 13:39
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/justjohnny33/2359794_o.gif

sup fellas :banawala

ParrotHead
20th December 2011, 14:30
I forgot about this thread and this seems like a good place for this photo. Philly had a giant Flyers jersey on a statue of William Penn atop City Hall in 1997. After the jersey was placed there the Flyers were swept in the Stanley Cup finals and ever since they have not placed anything similar on William Penn. For some reason, the jersey appeared on the roof of City Hall yesterday but is now gone. Just figured I'd share

Images of the jersey from 1997.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/cacomly/Misc%20images/Giantjersey.jpg

Photo from yesterday
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/cacomly/Misc%20images/63da4d33.jpg

loki03xlh
20th December 2011, 18:42
I like it.

Proposed NHL Realignment

Conference A
Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver

Conference B
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Detroit
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg

Conference C
Boston
Buffalo
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Toronto

Conference D
Carolina
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

Conference B looks a lot like the old "Chuck" Norris Division. Six of the top eight teams in the western conference are gonna be in this new "conference" and only 4 will make it to the playoffs. It's gonna be a bloodbath!

Let's Go Blues!!!

NowgFstCat
21st December 2011, 00:16
Conference B looks a lot like the old "Chuck" Norris Division. Six of the top eight teams in the western conference are gonna be in this new "conference" and only 4 will make it to the playoffs. It's gonna be a bloodbath!

Let's Go Blues!!!

Hell yea another Blues Fan! Gotta love how they have played since the Hitch era started. :)

Nobody Special
21st December 2011, 01:11
Hell yea another Blues Fan! Gotta love how they have played since the Hitch era started. :)

just wait pretty soon the winning will just be grinding uneventful, boring hockey. turning 70pt players into 50 pt two way grinders. 100pt HOF'rs into 70pt selke finalist. hull bought into it to serve a purpose, but that style of game he hated.

not knocking him as a coach just not my brand of hockey. best option for the blues i guess tho.

im sure mo's grateful for the cup and the runs. but looking back think he wishes he could have knocked off a string of 50g seasons and been a top 10 all time guy. instead of becoming a +- guy...

/ homer rant

*philly jersey is dope! nice! i would soooooo hook up big tex with that at the texas state fair!

Ireeman
21st December 2011, 01:34
Q...this is nuts, stop the Quebecois.
No reason for it.

Quebeker
21st December 2011, 16:40
Q...this is nuts, stop the Quebecois.
No reason for it.

I see what's going on and I have to admit that I don't understand why they are so offended? I must have been on Ontario too long and I'm no longer a Qubecois pure laine.

I can't stop it, only 3 men can. Cunneyworth by magically learning to speak French overnight.
Gauthier by firing Randy and getting someone who can speak French. Doesn't need to be a Qubecois but he needs to speak French.
Geoff Molson by showing the door to both Gauthier and Cunneyworth.
I don't think anything short of a Cup can save Randy.

loki03xlh
21st December 2011, 18:59
just wait pretty soon the winning will just be grinding uneventful, boring hockey. turning 70pt players into 50 pt two way grinders. 100pt HOF'rs into 70pt selke finalist. hull bought into it to serve a purpose, but that style of game he hated.

not knocking him as a coach just not my brand of hockey. best option for the blues i guess tho.

im sure mo's grateful for the cup and the runs. but looking back think he wishes he could have knocked off a string of 50g seasons and been a top 10 all time guy. instead of becoming a +- guy...

/ homer rant

*philly jersey is dope! nice! i would soooooo hook up big tex with that at the texas state fair!

Have you seen any Blues' games since the 'Cock was put in charge?
He's preaching a 200' game from every player. Lots of stops and starts, no sweeping circles. Short, intense shifts from everyone. The players have bought into it, drinking the kool-aid by the gallon.

Yeah, we trap the opponents, with a tenacious, relentless forecheck.

Perron has 7 pts. in 7 games since coming back from the concussion. Backes is playing like a man possessed. Elliott has the league lead in shutouts, gaa, and save percentage, and Jaro has picked up his game since the coaching change.

It's a good time to be a Blues' fan.

Ireeman
23rd December 2011, 00:33
Where are my beloved Centre Hice club....Time to draft different next year.

I hope they get over this silly French thing.

rejeanprimeau
23rd December 2011, 01:10
Hey Ireeman, imagine Don Cherry learning to speak french and become next Hab's coach.

Quebeker
23rd December 2011, 02:54
I wonder why Im even bothering watching the game tonight.

Brad
23rd December 2011, 02:57
Is that what this means? (If I remember my remedial French)

pourquoi est-ce que je regarde la game a soir?

Quebeker
23rd December 2011, 03:14
yep.
if tonite someone said "The Habs suck", i'd have to agree.

Ireeman
23rd December 2011, 03:56
Maurice rolls in his accent grav./

Quebeker
2nd January 2012, 02:16
I am a fan but I am also a realist. You can stick a fork in the Habs, they are done. They're not in 13th place in the East, 8 points behind 8th.
The 8 points arent a big deal, what is is the 5 teams they would have to leap-frog to get in a playoff spots. Not easy to do.
Last team to do something like that was the Blues a couple years ago. Even the Devils failed coming back like that last season.
At least they should hace a decent draft spot to waste.

And for my Leafs, Bruins, Flyers, etc friends:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/Luc/ch.jpg

Phaedrus
2nd January 2012, 10:34
Thanks for that wonderful photo to share with my other Hab friends

Quebeker
5th January 2012, 07:26
Make Hockey Happen - YouTube

18 years since I last played a game of pond hockey. I was never gonna be good enough for any sort of pro league. But for a game on a frozen lake with a few or several friends, everybody is good enough and welcome.

Phaedrus
5th January 2012, 10:52
Cool vid Luke, as kids we didn't have anything as elaborate as that, rivers and ponds with no boards, lights or floods.

Quebeker
6th January 2012, 01:20
SLAPSHOT ORIGINAL MOVIE TRAILER - YouTube

Ireeman
6th January 2012, 01:31
Donald Brashear Mugged by Marty McSorley - Full Version - YouTube

Ireeman
6th January 2012, 01:34
NHL's Hardest Hockey Hits! - YouTube

Ireeman
6th January 2012, 01:35
Make it clean and make it hard...like they know you are on the ice.

Ireeman
6th January 2012, 01:46
Insane Hockey Plays - Goals | Hits | Saves - YouTube

Quebeker
7th January 2012, 14:39
No realignment for next season. Player's association said "no". I'm going to guess the players want to keep the realignment issues as a negotiating tool for the next CBA.

loki03xlh
8th January 2012, 22:24
I woke up this morning to find my Blues in 1st place in the Central!!!!!

This is the first time since the Blues have been in first halfway trough the season since 2001!

Too bad chicago and detroit are playing each other today and we will either be tied or trailing by a point after today.

Let's Go Blues!!!

loki03xlh
10th January 2012, 22:59
Quebeker, your habs are going down tonight!

Let's Go Blues!!!

p.s. the Halak-ness monster is gonna be in goal tonight.

NowgFstCat
11th January 2012, 01:30

Let's Go Blues!!!

Let's go Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quebeker
11th January 2012, 11:42

Let's Go Blues!!!

I'd like to write something funny or clever but after a 3-0 shut-out, nothing comes to mind. :frownthre

loki03xlh
11th January 2012, 14:36
I thought it was real classy of the fans in Montreal to give Halak a standing ovation at the end of the game.

Quebeker
11th January 2012, 14:49
I thought it was real classy of the fans in Montreal to give Halak a standing ovation at the end of the game.

And they gave him the 1st star. The game's 3 Stars in Montreal are voted for by the fans by text message.

Ireeman
11th January 2012, 22:48
I fear a dreadful season for my Habitants

Ireeman
25th January 2012, 06:59
Habs settling for less: Savard

Team's lack of Stanley Cup-or-bust mentality irritates former Canadiens blue-line great and GM

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Habs+settling+less+Savard/6030796/story.html#ixzz1kS1wUWpc

Ireeman
25th January 2012, 07:04
Speak French or no....you win da coupe.

Ireeman
25th January 2012, 07:10
Ken Dryden.. the greatest goalie ever..no speak French...WTF..get it together Montreal.

sprink
25th January 2012, 12:25
Wings at Montreal tonight!

Phaedrus
25th January 2012, 12:32
Its all about management,

I think that this thing has been bungled from the begining.
Fire the assistant first, then a winning proven coach, hire an rookie english coach, trade a star player, and now theres talk of trading PK.

All reactionary panic decisions.

I'm not a PK fan but he has not yet realized his full potential and trade value, dumb if they trade him.

All the teams who win, have good management.

I can't understand why the GM is still around?
He should have got the axe first
I guess he's next?

They should let the fans make management decisions via text, can't be any worse can it?
But of course only French speaking fans would be allowed to participate:smoke

sportsterpaul
25th January 2012, 14:05
Pete: You have the "French" app on your phone to get the texting started?

xlSleeper
25th January 2012, 21:04
Whatcha gonna do brother, when Malkamania runs wild on you?! GO PENS!

Quebeker
26th January 2012, 08:05
Did I read that right? Final score 7-2 win over the Wings? Can't be real, has to be my lack of sleep messing me up.

Phaedrus
26th January 2012, 11:17
Yes , Habs played well,
although they had a little more motivation, last game before the break,
Wings had first place sewn up win or lose.

sprink
26th January 2012, 12:26
I stopped even looking back at the score at 6-0, lol. Nice win.

XL Ed
26th January 2012, 12:53
Luckily I was out for dinner and didn't get to watch or I might need a new TV today! Awful!

Airbozo
26th January 2012, 16:14
While I would normally root for the wings, I find this year that I am backing most of the Canadian teams (except Vancouver). I turned the game on when it was near the end of the first. I could not believe what I was seeing. It looked like a group of amateurs had tied the team up in the locker room, stolen the Detroit sweaters and thought they could have a go at it.

The homers making the calls, basically started chatting and throwing out stats and information instead of following the game. Funny stuff.

sportsterdude.248
26th January 2012, 18:07
I stopped even looking back at the score at 6-0, lol. Nice win.

:laugh Me too!

sportsterdude.248
26th January 2012, 18:21
Speaking of the Wings. Did anyone see McCarty is working on the Hardcore Pawn show now.
Looking a little like Joe Cocker.:D

Jeff Riger with Darren McCarty at Hard Core Pawn - YouTube

Quebeker
29th January 2012, 02:45
I may not like Chara but an 108.8mph slapshot is damn impressive.

Quebeker
4th February 2012, 13:36
Last night was one of those rare night when the Habs didn't lose.

Quebeker
5th February 2012, 22:17
For the Habs to make the playoffs, they need to play the Jets another 23 times this season. :-D

Phaedrus
5th February 2012, 22:21
Tanks to the habs for beating Winterpeg

Quebeker
5th February 2012, 22:39
Here one good reason why all the management team in Montreal should be fired.
Scott Gomez who is making $7.5 mil/year scored his last goal a year ago.

loki03xlh
10th February 2012, 03:45
Here one good reason why all the management team in Montreal should be fired.
Scott Gomez who is making $7.5 mil/year scored his last goal a year ago.

It looks like your boy finally scored!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're stuck with him for another two years @ 7.5M per

I agree, anyone who had a hand in bringing him to MTL should be fired. That was a Milbury move if I ever saw one.

Quebeker
13th February 2012, 17:21
Did anyone tell the Leafs there was a game after the Sundin ceremony?
:doh

And will the Wings break the record for most consecutive wins at home?

sportsterdude.248
13th February 2012, 18:12
Did anyone tell the Leafs there was a game after the Sundin ceremony?
:doh

And will the Wings break the record for most consecutive wins at home?

The Leafs have taken the year off. They are tired out from last year.

And YES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!:D:clap

Ireeman
13th February 2012, 22:44
I may not like Chara but an 108.8mph slapshot is damn impressive.
I don't think " like" is in his job description.

Quebeker
27th February 2012, 17:09
It's official, the Montreal Canadiens have given up on this season.
They traded Hal Gill last week and today they have sent Andrei Kostitsyn also to the Preds.
But for Gill, they got a couple bodies and a draft pick for him. They only got a 2nd round pick for AK, and not even for this upcoming draft, but for 2013 draft.

Quebeker
27th February 2012, 17:34
BTW, one of the prospects the Habs got for Gill is Blake Geoffrion.
When he gets called up to the big club in Montreal, he will be a 4th generation Hab.
His dad, Danny played 1 season in Montreal.
His grand-father, Boom-Boom needs no introduction.
Howie Morenz is his great-grand-father, He was part of the 1st group of players inducted when the Hockey Hall of Fame opened in 1945.

Quebeker
2nd March 2012, 15:57
Last night the Habs tried really hard to find a way to lose vs Minnesota, blowing a 4-1 lead in the 3rd and winning in a shootout. Still last in the East. Waiting for the Leafs to join them in the basement.

Phaedrus
3rd March 2012, 11:36
Finally Burke fires his buddy Ron Wilson, and then hires his other buddy Randy Carlyle.

I predicted this would happen, although I really didn't think it would take this long:banana

Phaedrus
3rd March 2012, 11:39

Quote from October 25, 2011

Quebeker
4th March 2012, 01:06
Reimer's back has failed (and the Monster's too) and it cost Wilson his job (but not his paycheck).

Montreal is also a better team tonight. Gomez is injured and not played, instantly making the team better.

Im torn tonight. I just want the Habs to put another nail in the Leafs coffin but I also dont want them to start winning and getting away from a top3 or 4 1st round draft pick.

loki03xlh
7th March 2012, 18:26
It feels good to lay a 5-1 beatdown on the hawks!!!

Woke up today in 1st place in the West!!!

Let's Go Blues!!!!!

XL Ed
8th March 2012, 00:25
I can't believe my Wings are playing so bad. I know they have a couple of injuries to key players but come on. Are they that bad without them?

Phaedrus
8th March 2012, 00:56
I can't believe my Wings are playing so bad. I know they have a couple of injuries to key players but come on. Are they that bad without them?

yes

DKHAN
17th March 2012, 08:29
Ssh! Orange and Black got a goalie!

loki03xlh
19th March 2012, 18:45
The Blues are the first team to get to 100 points and the first to punch their playoff ticket!!!

Let's Go Blues!!!

May the Schwartz be with you!

Ireeman
19th March 2012, 19:27
The Blues are the first team to get to 100 points and the first to punch their playoff ticket!!!

Let's Go Blues!!!

May the Schwartz be with you!

May Bobby Orr put a spell on you.

loki03xlh
19th March 2012, 20:11
May Bobby Orr put a spell on you.

Bobby Orr can go to hell!!!

He's lucky Noel Picard didn't get to him about 2 seconds earlier.

Ireeman
19th March 2012, 20:20
Luck did not enter into it. :banana

The biscut entered the basket.

loki03xlh
20th March 2012, 00:42
Luck did not enter into it. :banana

The biscut entered the basket.

It would be nice to see a rematch in a couple of months :smoke

Ireeman
20th March 2012, 00:45
I agree.... old time hockey.

Especially game 7 in overtime for the Coupe ?

loki03xlh
27th March 2012, 19:01
After 7 games and two-and-a-half weeks, my Blues are finally back at home. They went 3-2-2, not too bad considering all the injuries. It will be nice going to the arena again.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised the owners didn't try to bend us over on playoff tix for the first two rounds!

Let's Go Blues!!!

loki03xlh
29th March 2012, 19:07
I hear that Pierre Gauthier's reign of terror, (or incompetence) is over in Montreal. I hope things get better up there. Always liked the Habs except for the '68 & '69 teams of course!

Phaedrus
29th March 2012, 21:21
I hear that Pierre Gauthier's reign of terror, (or incompetence) is over in Montreal. I hope things get better up there. Always liked the Habs except for the '68 & '69 teams of course!

Not that I'm a Habs fan, but the writing was on the wall with him

Assistant Coach, Coach, GM

They should have started the firing in reverse Order. They would have still had a winning coach behind the bench.

Now it's the Leaf's turn to get rid of Burke and his hotdog stand.
Time for the Leafs to draft some good old Ontario Canada talent.

loki03xlh
30th March 2012, 18:54
Not that I'm a Habs fan, but the writing was on the wall with him

Assistant Coach, Coach, GM

They should have started the firing in reverse Order. They would have still had a winning coach behind the bench.

Now it's the Leaf's turn to get rid of Burke and his hotdog stand.
Time for the Leafs to draft some good old Ontario Canada talent.

Burke is an idiot that got lucky with the Ducks one year and has been riding that ever since. I doubt that MLSE will fire him anytime soon. Their sellout streak goes back to the '30s and the team is so profitable it's like they can print their own money. I doubt things will chang until folks stop going to the games.

Ireeman
31st March 2012, 00:03
Burke is an idiot that got lucky with the Ducks one year and has been riding that ever since. I doubt that MLSE will fire him anytime soon. Their sellout streak goes back to the '30s and the team is so profitable it's like they can print their own money. I doubt things will chang until folks stop going to the games.

They have also hoisted the cup in every decade since 1893 to 1993... The drought is too long, far too long.

We missing are 2003 and possibly 2013.

XL Ed
31st March 2012, 02:33
My mom and dad are taking me and my buddy to the Red Wings game Sunday afternoon. Aren't parents wonderful?!

rpoz20
31st March 2012, 12:40
Heading down into NYC today and may try to scam some cheap Bruins/Isles tix.... we'll see...

loki03xlh
11th April 2012, 23:48
It's playoff time!!!! My favorite time of the year.

The Philly/Pitt series should be good, along with Det/Nash.

Of course, my focus will mainly be on the Blues vs. SJ

Let's Go Blues!!!

2001 hd
12th April 2012, 00:06
Come on detroit!!

XL Ed
12th April 2012, 02:12
I'm with ya!

How bad is the CBC? I'm having to watch the Detroit game on my s l o w computer because its only available on CBC St. Johns

acrux
12th April 2012, 03:35
Alright flyers! Talk about a comeback. And the preds are winning! What a good night.

loki03xlh
15th April 2012, 09:02
A great game at the DrinkScotch for game two. The Blues showed the sharks how to play "old time hockey". Roman Polak is a BEAST!!! That was the loudest I have ever heard the place in the 12 years of being a sth. Let's go Blues!!!

AsSeenOnTV
16th April 2012, 00:05
Was great to see the penguins lose again, today :clap:clap:clap

Go Phillie

Gcram399
16th April 2012, 00:12

Go Phillie

:(:frownthre:(:frownthre:(:frownthre:(

AsSeenOnTV
16th April 2012, 00:14
:(:frownthre:(:frownthre:(:frownthre:(

lol

Sorry Gcram339, but I cant stand crosby and malkin, so I gotta go with the other team.

Brad
16th April 2012, 00:26
OK - I'm back now. How are my Flyer's doin? :smoke

acrux
16th April 2012, 00:46

Go Phillie

Wooooooo!!!!! The penguins are falling apart and I love it.

Ireeman
16th April 2012, 01:00
The Habs are out, so i guess in my fathers honor i am going with the Bruins.
Tied 1 game apiece.

Gotta keep Ovechkin off his feet.

loki03xlh
17th April 2012, 20:18
Good game last might in San Jose!

I think the shark tank was the quietest arena I've heard for a playoff game :smoke

Airbozo
17th April 2012, 20:49
A great game at the DrinkScotch for game two. The Blues showed the sharks how to play "old time hockey". Roman Polak is a BEAST!!! That was the loudest I have ever heard the place in the 12 years of being a sth. Let's go Blues!!!

Not sure about the old time hockey comment, but they did put a hurt on them. Good to see some of the Sharks stand up for their teammates.

lol

Sorry Gcram339, but I cant stand crosby and malkin, so I gotta go with the other team.

I agree. Crosby is an ass and his comments concerning why he pushed the glove away just show how much of an ass he really is.

Good game last might in San Jose!

I think the shark tank was the quietest arena I've heard for a playoff game :smoke

It was a really boring game on both sides. The Blues seemed to be in slo-mo and the Sharks tried their best to hand them the game. 3 goals from the exact same spot. Looks like Niemi needs to watch both sides since the defense are letting the Blues take that position. Better yet, I hope they start Greiss next game.

It was not quiet there at all until the 3rd period. More booing last night than I have ever heard at the tank in the 15 years I have been a season ticket holder. Reminded me of the games we suffered through back in February when the Sharks did their best to drop out of the play offs. In years past, The Tank was voted the loudest arena in hockey and our section (209) is the loudest in the arena. When we get going, the place rumbles...

I forgot the camera last night, but Thursday I will see if I can remember it and take some shots to post.

Well The Sharks are not disappointing me. I predicted that the Blues would take it in 5 and unless the team in Teal remember how to play hockey together you will get to see the handshake Saturday.

How about that Presidents Trophy curse? Vancouver is just handing it to the Kings...

Ireeman
17th April 2012, 21:10
Vancouver is just handing it to the Kings...

I am very surprised at that.

Airbozo
17th April 2012, 21:12
I am very surprised at that.

To be fair, the Kings are a good team this year, but come on Canucks!

Ireeman
17th April 2012, 21:16
The B's seem to have Washington well handled....if they get hot, look out.

Chara with a 108 mph slap shot...that's nuts.

acrux
17th April 2012, 22:40
The bruins should be playing better than they are, in my opinion. The netmnder for the caps is a 23 y.o. Who barely has 2 handfuls of starts. Or maybe holtby is going to be a hell of a netminder.

loki03xlh
18th April 2012, 18:56
@Airbozo I agree that the sharktank is usually very loud, just didn't seem like it last game after the home team was down by a few goals. It is hard to really cheer too much after a goal when you are still down by 1 or 2 with just a few minutes left. You think they will change goalies?

I've been impressed by the Kings, Preds, Panthers, and Flyers. It seems like a lot of people predicted a nuck-pens final series. I don't think that is gonna happen.

Let's go Blues!!!

Airbozo
18th April 2012, 19:26
@Airbozo I agree that the sharktank is usually very loud, just didn't seem like it last game after the home team was down by a few goals. It is hard to really cheer too much after a goal when you are still down by 1 or 2 with just a few minutes left. You think they will change goalies?

The reason it was so quiet with only 5 minutes left is that 50% of the crowd left... I have never seen that in the playoffs... Hell, when people leave early, we yell at them: "See ya later Duck fans!" or "Give your ticket to a real fan!" (ok I don't yell the last one...) This really goes back to the early days when the ducks were playing, few people would show up until the 1st intermission. Fashionably late la crowd. The thing is, I personally have seen the Sharks come back the last few minutes of the game several times. If they had played as well in the entire 3rd period as they did in the last 5 minutes, the outcome of the game may be different.

I've been impressed by the Kings, Preds, Panthers, and Flyers. It seems like a lot of people predicted a nuck-pens final series. I don't think that is gonna happen.

Let's go Blues!!!

BTW: I don't think they will change goalies. Niemi is still pretty hot and I support him even though I favor Greiss. It would be nice to see Marleu, Thornton and Pavelski step up and make some game changing plays.

We'll see tomorrow night. I'll try to remember my camera.

Brad
19th April 2012, 01:00
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/883xl/misc/logoPF.jpg

Brad
19th April 2012, 01:22
And I know the Habs are no threat to take the cup, I just love this photo!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/883xl/misc/goHabsgo.jpg

acrux
19th April 2012, 03:27
Even though the flyers dropped the -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ing ball really bad tonight I still gotta say it. Go preds and flyers!!

Ireeman
19th April 2012, 03:44
And I know the Habs are no threat to take the cup, I just love this photo!

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/883xl/misc/goHabsgo.jpg
oldy but goody.....Centre Hice.;)

Brad
19th April 2012, 03:47
Well. there's always game 5...

Gcram399
19th April 2012, 03:48
oldy but goody.....Centre Hice.;)

Yea, but she hasn't aged a day!!:clap

Ireeman
19th April 2012, 03:54
10 to 3,......Brad this hockey not football.....holy smokers.

Ireeman
19th April 2012, 04:11
The biggest laugh of the play offs has to be the Capitols coach Dale Hunter saying the Bruins are head hunters......really.... Dale Hunter...he made Marty McSorely look like a saint.

Oh that is so funny.

Gcram399
19th April 2012, 04:21
Well. there's always game 5...

In the 1st 2 games the Pens got leads and then went on defense. Trouble is, no one told them that they don't have any defense. Hopefully they learned that lesson, and stay on offense the whole game like tonight.
Respectfully from Western Pa.
George

loki03xlh
19th April 2012, 18:43
I hate these 9:30 start times. I'm gonna try to take a nap after work.

Let's Go Blues!!!

http://aeryssports.com/youre-my-boys-blues/files/2012/04/Door.jpg

Airbozo
20th April 2012, 23:38
I don't get the door thingy...

Last nights game was pretty good. Lots of action back and forth and both teams were playing hard. The Blues deserved to win that game since they made some better plays and made the Sharks pay for some bad mistakes. The Tank got really quiet after the second goal knowing that the game was over.

I still think the Blues take it in 5, so their fans might actually get to see the handshake Saturday. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Sharks organization in the off season. Rumors have it the GM is done. We'll see. I have been screwing off at work today and have not had the time to upload some pictures. I will go through them tonight and see if any are good enough to post.

Speaking of the tank, We had a bad encounter with some dip shit fans at the last game of the season. Three young kids were heading up the stairs when the puck dropped and a few people asked them to sit in the aisle until play stopped. They got really belligerent and started threatening to beat people up, throwing around f-bombs and acting like a-holes.

The situation escalated when they tried to step over a lady who had asked them to sit until a whistle and one kid inadvertently kicked her in the leg. Shit broke loose. No one threw any punches, but people who I have known for 20 years (and have never even seen anything but a smile on their face) jumped up and gave these kids shit. Screaming ensued and I had to run down and grab one of the ushers to escort the pukes out. They took them down the stairs and less than 5 minutes later they were heading back up the stairs.

They purposely waited until play started and pushed past the usher and as they ascended the stairs they were flipping people off cussing at everyone and trying to pick more fights. A wall of people stepped in front of them and the screaming started again. That is when one of them threatened my wife. It was all I could do to NOT break the little -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ers nose. Then an usher came in and separated people and took them away again and they were tossed out by the cops.

When we were leaving the game, they were waiting outside trying to start some shit. They threatened us again and I headed back in and got the cops. We also warned our other friends to be aware and sure enough they started more shit with them. This time the cops saw it and quickly intervened, tossing the kids off the property.

We talked with the usher manager and incredibly the ushers were laying the blame on our section for not allowing them to go to their seats! We described what happened and so did about 12 other people and all of our stories were similar, contradicting one of the ushers who said she escorted them back up the second time (she did not). I filed a formal complaint against the ushers and the kids so the police would get involved. We'll see what happens.

At last nights game they were watching our section closely and when a guy sitting next to me (never seen him before) yelled at someone to sit down, 2 ushers rushed up and took him away for a talking. He said they told him he is not allowed to yell at people to sit down. He threw up a nazi salute and told them to f-off, he knows his free speech rights. They allowed him to return to his seat but were walking up and down our aisle all night looking for an excuse to toss someone out.

During the 2nd intermission a couple dozen of us got together and discussed what happened and we all decided to write a letter to the Sharks organization and file a formal complaint with them about how we were treated and how we felt the ushers allowed the situation to escalate by allowing the kids to return up to our section without an escort. Most of us are pondering renewing our season tickets next year. I hate being threatened and then having someone say it was my own fault.

mr.coffee
21st April 2012, 03:43
Drat....Wings are out. :(

-m

Ireeman
22nd April 2012, 23:30
Bruins take it in overtime to stay alive...back to Boston.

Quebeker
22nd April 2012, 23:40
thats a LOT of overtime games.

loki03xlh
23rd April 2012, 18:09
I don't get the door thingy...

Last nights game was pretty good. Lots of action back and forth and both teams were playing hard. The Blues deserved to win that game since they made some better plays and made the Sharks pay for some bad mistakes. The Tank got really quiet after the second goal knowing that the game was over.

I still think the Blues take it in 5, so their fans might actually get to see the handshake Saturday. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Sharks organization in the off season. Rumors have it the GM is done. We'll see. I have been screwing off at work today and have not had the time to upload some pictures. I will go through them tonight and see if any are good enough to post.

Speaking of the tank, We had a bad encounter with some dip shit fans at the last game of the season. Three young kids were heading up the stairs when the puck dropped and a few people asked them to sit in the aisle until play stopped. They got really belligerent and started threatening to beat people up, throwing around f-bombs and acting like a-holes.

The situation escalated when they tried to step over a lady who had asked them to sit until a whistle and one kid inadvertently kicked her in the leg. Shit broke loose. No one threw any punches, but people who I have known for 20 years (and have never even seen anything but a smile on their face) jumped up and gave these kids shit. Screaming ensued and I had to run down and grab one of the ushers to escort the pukes out. They took them down the stairs and less than 5 minutes later they were heading back up the stairs.

They purposely waited until play started and pushed past the usher and as they ascended the stairs they were flipping people off cussing at everyone and trying to pick more fights. A wall of people stepped in front of them and the screaming started again. That is when one of them threatened my wife. It was all I could do to NOT break the little -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ers nose. Then an usher came in and separated people and took them away again and they were tossed out by the cops.

When we were leaving the game, they were waiting outside trying to start some shit. They threatened us again and I headed back in and got the cops. We also warned our other friends to be aware and sure enough they started more shit with them. This time the cops saw it and quickly intervened, tossing the kids off the property.

We talked with the usher manager and incredibly the ushers were laying the blame on our section for not allowing them to go to their seats! We described what happened and so did about 12 other people and all of our stories were similar, contradicting one of the ushers who said she escorted them back up the second time (she did not). I filed a formal complaint against the ushers and the kids so the police would get involved. We'll see what happens.

At last nights game they were watching our section closely and when a guy sitting next to me (never seen him before) yelled at someone to sit down, 2 ushers rushed up and took him away for a talking. He said they told him he is not allowed to yell at people to sit down. He threw up a nazi salute and told them to f-off, he knows his free speech rights. They allowed him to return to his seat but were walking up and down our aisle all night looking for an excuse to toss someone out.

During the 2nd intermission a couple dozen of us got together and discussed what happened and we all decided to write a letter to the Sharks organization and file a formal complaint with them about how we were treated and how we felt the ushers allowed the situation to escalate by allowing the kids to return up to our section without an escort. Most of us are pondering renewing our season tickets next year. I hate being threatened and then having someone say it was my own fault.

The door thing comes from Hitch's post game interview after game 2. Polak is a physical, stay-at-home dman. Game 2 was only his 3rd fighting major all year. He doesn't start scums, doesn't cheap shot players, etc....but if you piss him off...watch out. It's like a switch is flipped and he snaps.

It was a good, hard fought series. I have heard rumors that the Sharks are due for a shakeup, be it a change in GM, coach, or players.

Sorry to hear about the issues with "fans" at game 4. All it takes is a few idiots mixed with some booze to ruin it for all the others.

We are getting the fans that have just jumped on the bandwagon here. They don't know or follow the common courtesy of waiting until the is a stop in action to leave or return to your seats. We have a good group of STHs in our section that always yell "Down In Front" anytime someone breaks the rule. No one really gives us any sh!t about it. Some of us are ex-military, some are bikers, some are hockey players, some are a combination.

I have only came close to fighting at the arena once years ago. An avalanche fan wanted to fight me because someone else was throwing popcorn at him and he thought I did it. Luckily, his friends got him out of there fast. I have seen my fair share of fights between Blues and Blackhawks fans, but it has really toned down in the past few years.

Time to focus on the Kings. Let's Go Blues!!!

Ireeman
26th April 2012, 03:37
Wow the Bruins are out......hmmm maybe Brad has a chance with the Flyers.

I am up for bets...

Brad
26th April 2012, 03:42
Who are you supporting again? (remember the Super Bowl...)

acrux
26th April 2012, 03:44
This a great playoffs so far. Still got my flyers and preds in it and it's awesome to see a great upcoming goalie in holtby.

Ireeman
26th April 2012, 04:00
Who are you supporting again? (remember the Super Bowl...)

I never give up.....

Let's see, Habs...Don't get me started....Bruins out, Fine.

Ok I will home it with the Panthers for a week of avatar change over the Devils....Brad.

And if you mention the Super Bowl again i will summon 1 more snow storm....slushy raw, sloppy snow on you.

loki03xlh
26th April 2012, 04:09
Wow, both teams from last year's finals are out in the first round!

Three upsets so far, I wonder how tomorrow night's games are gonna go....

I don't have a dog in the two games, but I say go Sens and go Cats!

AsSeenOnTV
13th May 2012, 17:09
Why is there no hockey games on NBC today?

rejeanprimeau
13th May 2012, 17:25
Now, since The caps are out I would like a Devils V Coyotes finals.

Martin Brodeur, if the devils win the cup, can enjoy a well deserved retirement with full honor.

Ireeman
13th May 2012, 17:31
Why is there no hockey games on NBC today?
Because Montreal is not in the play offs.

AsSeenOnTV
13th May 2012, 17:33
All this week I have been planning on going to watch a hockey game on the telly, and today its all golf?

AsSeenOnTV dry heaves

Ireeman
13th May 2012, 18:14
Golf or farming, which is better to watch?

RDK09
13th May 2012, 18:17
Damn damn damn, first i lose the flyers and now the caps!! Now who to root for? Hmmm

acrux
14th May 2012, 01:20
Easy go for the ex flyers and the kings! At least that's who I will go for now that the flyers and preds are out.

Durockrolly
23rd May 2012, 05:53
Go Kings!!!

jdunno
23rd May 2012, 15:53
Go Kings? Your proud of a team that played THAT dirty? Seriously?

Airbozo
23rd May 2012, 16:05

From my seats, every team in the playoffs play dirty. If that's what you want to call it. To win the cup, you have to leave Mr. nice guy at home and step up your game to do whatever it takes to win. While I am not a fan of the Kings, the better team won and both teams fought hard to the end.

Phaedrus
23rd May 2012, 16:06
Does not matter one whit, Jersey will win the cup

Airbozo
23rd May 2012, 16:08
Does not matter one whit, Jersey will win the cup

That is who I am rooting for.

I even dusted off my original sweater:

http://www.icejerseys.com/images/vintage_collection/rockies_big.jpg
(not a picture of mine, I have #5 Beck on it)

Durockrolly
23rd May 2012, 16:24

Yeah, seriously!!!!

BTW. The cheese is on aisle 3!!!

Quebeker
23rd May 2012, 20:39
Like'em or not, what the Kings did is impressive. I dont recall many teams making it to the finals losing only 2 games.

Bob99
23rd May 2012, 20:51
Rupp pissed me off with this cheap shot to Brodeur. He's an embarrassment to my team.

Mike Rupp Stirs Up the Devils 5/21/12 - YouTube

jdunno
23rd May 2012, 21:26
Dustin Brown should be handed down a massive suspension for what he pulled last night. You guys cant argue that it was an ok thing to do can you? You cant clearly see that the refs were on the side of the Kings for the entire series? I dont agree that the better team won last night.

Airbozo
23rd May 2012, 22:22
Dustin Brown should be handed down a massive suspension for what he pulled last night. You guys cant argue that it was an ok thing to do can you? You cant clearly see that the refs were on the side of the Kings for the entire series? I dont agree that the better team won last night.

I thought there should have been a call, but I have replayed that hit over several times and do not see any intent to injure. Phoenix fell apart after that hit and never regained their composure. They were still too pissed off about the non-call and let the Kings walk over them.

I also don't feel the ref's were on any ones side. They made bad calls both ways and missed calls both ways. Just like any other game or series.

I've said it before, I don't like the Kings. I also don't like Phoenix. Hell several of us were talking last week about how the only reason they made it into the playoffs were because they are an NHL owned team. This is not necessarily true, but the argument was made that Phoenix got away with more shit on the ice than most any other team. I've not made any scientific study on that (and I don't necessarily believe it either), it was just the consensus of the group there (some have played hockey professionally).

The better team did win otherwise the series would have been a lot closer. The better team almost never goes down 3-0 in a series... Phoenix played a hell of a game last night and I was actually rooting for them to win (more hockey for the SO). If they had regained their composure after that hit, they could have pulled it off.

Durockrolly
24th May 2012, 02:24
12-2!
I know the better team won.
Lick your wounds and prepare for next year.

BTW the way. This is the team you're defending.
Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa. Phoenix Coyotes vs Chicago Blackhawks 4/17/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube

He got 25 games.
Like it or not, that's how the game is played.
The NHL will decide if and what Dustin Brown should get.
We'll live with that.

Welcome to the NHL!!!

acrux
24th May 2012, 03:18
Yeah no shit. Hes calling a hit that can be seen both ways...as a clean hit by most NHL fans and a dirty hit by yote fans. But he has one of the dirtiest players in the last few years on his team. Please, hello pot meet kettle.

XL Ed
24th May 2012, 12:56
Missed the game. Can someone post the Brown hit. I checked the summaries and the penalties were about equal, if you throw out the 2 misconducts handed out to the 2 PHOENIX players at the end of the game. What happened there?

Durockrolly
24th May 2012, 14:49
Dustin Brown knee on Rozsival. Los Angeles Kings vs Phoenix Coyotes Game 5 5/22/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube

jdunno
24th May 2012, 16:26
Well I guess you could say the Raffi hit was a hockey play also right? Everyone has an opinion, my opinion is that if Raffi gets 25 games, Douche Brown should get at least a few. Anyone notice the obviously missed call when one of the Kings flung the puck over the glass? Delay of game anyone? 4 refs missed that? Are you F'n kidding me? Sure the NHL owned the Yotes BUT its seemed all year that there were more BS calls AGAINST them than have gone for them. Its like the league didnt even want them there and they fought for everything. Just saying. My opinion and it probably smells like S**T to you guys.

XL Ed
24th May 2012, 18:42
Looks a bit iffy to me. Nobody had their knee more out there than Rosival. Should Brown have tried to avoid him? He didn't throw the knee out. He just cruised into him and Rosival made a cut to try and avoid him and left himself in a vulnerable position. It doesn't look like knee on knee anyway. More like charley horse/upper groin to me.

acrux
25th May 2012, 00:30
Raffis play wasn't a hockey play at all. He launched himself off the ice and went for the head. I don't see browns hit as a knee on knee hit he didn't stick his leg out at all. Just my opinion

Ireeman
25th May 2012, 18:36
You have to hand it to Brodeur...outstanding pipe minding again after this many years.

Durockrolly
31st May 2012, 01:56
Let's Go Kings!!!

Quebeker
31st May 2012, 03:57
Overtime? Why am I not surprised? :-D

Durockrolly
31st May 2012, 04:23
Here we go again!!!
Kings lead series 1-0!!!

Durockrolly
31st May 2012, 04:25
Hell, we had to net one for NJ to to make things exciting!

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 04:38
Well i for one have to vote for the Kings. They if Not for the Habs should have one since ninedytree.

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 04:41
Never saw that before.....no jynx.

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 04:46
LA, overload the zone and spank Jersey.

Be a man.

If you lose this ...you will f'n take it to your grave, F'n grave.

AsSeenOnTV
31st May 2012, 04:51
That was a great game, got to watch it at 'buckets' here in town. Go Eagles.

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 04:52

Let's see whom becomes the Muller in this one, Quebecois.

Check your sticks

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 04:58
I am betting an Avatar change that LA wins it.....

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 05:04
I am worried about a Quebecois in goal from Jersey....that is my only reserve.

Ireeman
31st May 2012, 05:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=dZTojOev2aI

LA don't let this happen this year.

AsSeenOnTV
31st May 2012, 05:19
I don't care for any of these teams, but Kings in 5

Durockrolly
2nd June 2012, 23:57
About an hour to go before the start of game 2! Can my Kings go up 2-0 or by nights end will it be 1-1???

Ya'll know what I think!;)

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 00:00
About an hour to go before the start of game 2! Can my Kings go up 2-0 or by nights end will it be 1-1???

I truly hope Durock, your kings pull it off.....you sir deserve it.

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 00:35
I truly hope Durock, your kings pull it off.....you sir deserve it.

Thank you, kind Sir!

AsSeenOnTV
3rd June 2012, 00:38
Go Kings, time to start heading over to watch

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 00:38
If they do, i hope Barry Melrose can be there.

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 00:39
Maybe this will lift the curse off the Habs and we can start winning again.

Quebeker
3rd June 2012, 00:40

Im not sure who to cheer for in this Cup Finals.

It would be nice to see the Kings get in the history books as the 1st 8th seed team to win the Cup after knocking out the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seeds in its conference.
They still can match the Oilers for the best (modern) play-off record of 16-2.

But it would be nice if Marty could get one last Cup before riding into the sunset. (I believe that if Jersey wins, he's going to retire but if they lose while being so close he's coming back.)

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 00:41
Go Kings, time to start heading over to watch

You know, youngster.
I believe it is with your support that we will reach our ultimate destination!!!:clap

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 00:43
Im not sure who to cheer for in this Cup Finals.

It would be nice to see the Kings get in the history books as the 1st 8th seed team to win the Cup after knocking out the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seeds in its conference.
They still can match the Oilers for the best (modern) play-off record of 16-2.

But it would be nice if Marty could get one last Cup before riding into the sunset. (I believe that if Jersey wins, he's going to retire but if they lose while being so close he's coming back.)

I don't think he has any more room li his trophy room.
It's time to move on!!!;)

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 00:45
But it would be nice if Marty could get one last Cup
Amazing how good he has been....not Patrick good, but non the less.

And Quebecois.

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 00:47
I am all in for the kings...they need one for the horrendous jerseys they wore in the 70's.

AsSeenOnTV
3rd June 2012, 00:49
You know, youngster.
I believe it is with your support that we will reach our ultimate destination!!!:clap

As I said before, Kings in 5

tonight they are gonna kill em.

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 01:02
I am all in for the kings...they need one for the horrendous jerseys they wore in the 70's.

I'm one of the few who loved them. To me it symbolizes where hockey started in L.A.. I have three of those sweaters in my closet.

In 1967 (when the Kings played their first NHL game) I was in 4th grade. My best friend was Raymond Coutu. His family was from Montreal, and would listen to every Habs game they could get on the radio. His parents took us to many, many Kings games starting then and I was hooked on the Kings. Not only was I one of the few Californian hockey fans I imagine I was the only Mexican American hockey fans. Both of my parents were from Mexico and didn't even know what hockey was. By the mid 70's my dad as a Pipeline Contractor had season tickets, mostly for his clients but I still went to a lot of games.

Those Fourm Blue and Gold sweaters mean a lot to me!

John1200
3rd June 2012, 01:10
Kings:censor...... WOW:eek:..... LA is to hockey as Leningrad is to basketball.:laugh

Go Devils!!!:banadanc

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 01:21
Kings:censor...... WOW:eek:..... LA is to hockey as Leningrad is to basketball.:laugh

Say what you will but attendance is stellar (ok, for L.A. anyway). There is a great core of fans here though!!!

2011-2012 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 01:34
He shoots! He scores!!!!

John1200
3rd June 2012, 01:58
With a population of 4 M, tiddlywinks should have a great fan base!:p Go Penguins in 201?!:sofa

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 02:02
Saul Good! Maybe next year we'll see the Kings and Penguins in the finals!!!

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 02:05
Those Fourm Blue and Gold sweaters mean a lot to me!

It was more purple and gold.

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 02:07
It was more purple and gold.

Says a guy that lives where the ocean is on the wrong side!!!:laugh:laugh:laugh

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 02:09
You were the few that even knew hockey in LA back then, and a Mexican to boot.

I swear you are the strangest cat i have ever met, i guess your going to tell me you like to play guitar blues.

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 02:11
You were the few that even knew hockey in LA back then, and a Mexican to boot.

I swear you are the strangest cat i have ever met, i guess your going to tell me you like to play guitar blues.

What? Are you high???:D

Quebeker
3rd June 2012, 02:20
Found this on a hockey blog I like. Its a little bit Leaf centric but he's a good reporter. Berger Bytes (http://www.bergerbytes.ca/).

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/Luc/RSCN7839.jpg

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 02:22
Found this on a hockey blog I like. Its a little bit Leaf centric but he's a good reporter. Berger Bytes (http://www.bergerbytes.ca/).

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/quebeker/Luc/RSCN7839.jpg

Very nice!!!:clap:clap:clap

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 04:27
2-0 Baby!!!!

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 04:30
Alright! I say we stay in NJ and just play the rest of the series there!!!

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 05:32
Coast to coast peanut butter and toast...what a goal.

Quebeker
3rd June 2012, 17:25
Did anybody know or remembers that in 1971-72 and 73 the goaltenders in Toronto were Jacques Plante and Bernie Parent?

It floored me when I read that. The Toronto 58. (http://www.bergerbytes.ca/2012/02/the-toronto-58/)

Ireeman
3rd June 2012, 17:38
i knew Jacques was but not bernie, they moved around a bit.

AsSeenOnTV
3rd June 2012, 17:43
What day is the next game?

Durockrolly
3rd June 2012, 21:20
What day is the next game?

Tomorrow (Monday), Youngster!
5 PM Pacific Daylight Savings Time!

AsSeenOnTV
3rd June 2012, 21:35
Thank you DuRock :)

Quebeker