PDA

View Full Version : mustang seat comfy?

GSB_77_XL
28th June 2005, 05:48
I am thinking of getting a mustang pillow seat. Can anyone comment on the comfort level of one?

dabronco
28th June 2005, 05:57
I got a mustang....something seat and it's alot more comfortable than stock, although it feels more solid and dense at first, that's exactly why it's better, cuz you don't wind up sitting on the seat pan. Don't think mine is a pillow model tho'.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/dabronco/PHOT0003.jpg

GSB_77_XL
28th June 2005, 06:03
the one I am looking at is wider than that it almost covers up the shock mounts.

It curves up a bit at the front too.

dabronco
28th June 2005, 06:09
That should be DAMN nice! I was looking for a comprimise of comfort and cool looks. I wanted a Corbin gunfighter style but it didn't look like much more than a bar-hopping seat.

GSB_77_XL
28th June 2005, 06:21
I have a drag specalties seat that is like riding on a park bench. Between the shock mounts poling my butt cheeks and the oil tank burning the back of my leg I awnt a better one!!! I found out how bad it sucked about 75 miles from home on saturday. So I traded my buddy bikes I rode his and he rode mine, he too agreed that it needed to go.

Y2K
28th June 2005, 06:25
I put a Mustang on my '75 XLCH and loved it,huge difference over the stock pancake on the old ironhead. :D
Y2K :smoke
Really old scanned in pic but this is it.

XLFREAK
28th June 2005, 07:07
Mustang Vintage Solo was the best move I could have made. You won't regret it, no matter what style you choose. I read quite a few posts about how nice the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo seat was, but wasn't sure if I needed a Wide. I weigh 165, and I suppose my butt is somewhat small. The Vintage fits me perfect. Just guessing, but I would think a Wide would probably be something a person exceeding 200 lbs would need to consider.

dabronco
28th June 2005, 22:47
Yeah, that would be me, but I just don't think I would like the look of the wide on my bike. I would have to see one on an Ironhead. Maybe I should just weigh 155 lbs again like I did when I was 20. (Like THAT'S gonna happen!)

GSB_77_XL
30th June 2005, 03:31
well I didnt get the seat, I got out bid :censor . I would have been able to up my bid but I fell asleep on the couch and didnt wake up till the auction had ended :( . Oh well Ill find another

mordak
30th June 2005, 03:35
FWIW, I just rode a friends Victory Vegas with a mustang seat and it made me realize I need to ditch the stock seat ASAP!!! I didn't want to get off it. I really liked the lower back support I felt like I didn't actually have to hold myself on the bike at highway speeds.

74FeHeadXLH
30th June 2005, 05:47
check out the pic clicky in my sig, I put on a Mustang vintage touring 2-up on my 74...really nice seat, all day-no problem, and they look good.

decman
30th June 2005, 05:57
I have the regal wide touring. Love it......
I think this is the one you are thinking of.

I had the Mustage Vintage for a while but
my fat ass loves this new one.

YMMV

jlcrss
30th June 2005, 06:57
I just ordered the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo on Monday from WWW.DIRECTPARTS.COM. I am 6'2 200 pounds and decided the inch and half wider difference over the stock one was worth it. 212 shipped. I ordered my CS slip ons from them and they are good to work with.