PDA

View Full Version : Le Pera Daytona 2UP or Mustang?

mr.ninja
27th August 2010, 16:47
Hi from the UK!

I recently got a 2008 Sporty 883 (my first Harley, although not my first bike!), which has the stock solo seat.

I'm planning to have occasional short-distance 2up riding, as well as solo long distance one, so I'm looking into 2up seats.

At the moment I'm really undecided between a Le Pera Daytona 2up and a Mustang solo with detachable pillion.

Anyone got any info on the Daytona? It doesn't seem to be too popular, I couldn't even find a pic of it on a sporty! :frownone But I like its looks.

I know Mustangs are highly recommended, but the pillion is really fugly. As a plan B I might have it trimmed down to match a bit more the shape of the bike: it's only for occasional use anyway and if I need more passenger comfort I can just buy another pillion instead of another seat.

But I'd like to know opinions on the Le Pera first, especially regarding long distance solo rides.

Thanks!

khaskins
27th August 2010, 16:59
I have two Lepera Seats (see Sig info)

I like them both, very comfortable. I wife does not like the Daytona for two-up riding. Not enough seat for a middle aged woman. enuff said.

mr.ninja
13th September 2010, 07:44
Thanks Khaskins,

I've seen pics of the Daytona 2Up and don't really like it, the Sport just looks much better.

However, I recently saw C&C's squareback, and I quite liked that, I'm really leaning towards it at the moment. C&C got good feeback on comfort and customer service too.

I guess in the end it'll be a toss of a coin what I'll order between the C&C and the Le Pera. I'll have passengers only occasionally and for shortish rides, so 100% passenger comfort is not really required.

ReddTigger
13th September 2010, 07:53
I am a strong advocate for MUSTANG.. I've never had a single person tell me the didn't like it after recommending it to them.

sportsterpaul
13th September 2010, 08:12
+1 on the Mustang, and it looks real good with the pillion removed, which sounds like a strong possibility for you. The pillion mounts up in seconds and along with a detachable backrest would give you the best of both worlds.