PDA

View Full Version : kids bikes hurt!

frenchandy
8th October 2007, 19:41
ouch-picked up myfist bike injury in years whilst teaching my 5 year old on his ktm motocrosser-he wouldnt put his foot down and drag in the bends so i decided to show him,i get on the tiny bike and proceed to do a slow turn with one foot on the ground ,within a second all of me was on the ground and my bare leg slides up the expansion chamber(i was wearing shorts)
i now have a 15 inch 2nd degree burn up my leg which hurts like crazy with no one to blame but me.me the safety freak who never rides without boots ,jeans ,gloves and helmet:( :frownthre :frownthre :frownthre

Weo
8th October 2007, 19:58
ouch-picked up myfist bike injury in years whilst teaching my 5 year old on his ktm motocrosser-he wouldnt put his foot down and drag in the bends so i decided to show him,i get on the tiny bike and proceed to do a slow turn with one foot on the ground ,within a second all of me was on the ground and my bare leg slides up the expansion chamber(i was wearing shorts)
i now have a 15 inch 2nd degree burn up my leg which hurts like crazy with no one to blame but me.me the safety freak who never rides without boots ,jeans ,gloves and helmet:( :frownthre :frownthre :frownthre

I don't mean to laugh at your pain.... but :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

That'll teach ya. On a more serious note, if they really are 2nd degree burns, clean that up and bandage it. Infection is a HUGE concern on big burn areas.

findangle
8th October 2007, 20:15
lets just hope he doesn't equate dragging in the turns with 2nd degree burns..

wait till he starts riding street and you start cussing at him for dragging a foot through the turns..

frenchandy
8th October 2007, 20:29
thing is he could drag great at 2 years old on his electric trike after watching mert and the boys in on any sunday!