PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger, anyone have one?

chida66
18th December 2004, 08:15
I am considering a supercharger for my 04 1200C. In addition of the added HP, this will eliminate the need for back pressure and any pipe configuration I put on the bike will not reduce the power.

Just wanted some input on companies that make them and if anyone has experience with one.

hillpope
19th December 2004, 00:32
What kind/type of supercharger are you considering? I think it would be interesting to follow your project and see what the performance numbers are.

Luckymic
19th December 2004, 01:11
Wish I had one. There was a segment on American Thunder (Two wheel Tuesday on Speed Channel) last week. Wish I could remember the guys name, he said he makes'em custom for whatever your application is.

rottenralph
19th December 2004, 03:27
I have seen aerocharger turbos for Sportsters but I have yet to see a Supercharger. I suppose they are out there somewhere. Be they are really expensive. Definitely more than A big bore kit with well over 100 h.p.

RedRider
19th December 2004, 03:59
A buddy of mine put a turbo on his Superglide a few years back. It made a substantial amount of power (don't remember any figures..)

As I recall, it required a few dyno sessions to get it completely dialed-in. He was very pleased with the set up.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the quiet exhaust note of the bike with the turbo. Not much of a concern though, considering the huge power gains...

ESCOBAR
19th December 2004, 05:22
here you guys go enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/escobar/HDtB33l.jpg

:smoke ESCOBAR :smoke

flathead45
19th December 2004, 06:16
heres one ness built years ago that has a supercharger

does that help :p

FastFwd
19th December 2004, 08:48
heres one ness built years ago that has a supercharger

does that help :p

FH,
Would anyone say "a little?"

Desertfox
19th December 2004, 15:32
To each his own of course but to me a supercharger would be a HUGE unneccissary expense , unless you plan on recouping the investment by racing it professionally. Besides you would get a high pitched supercharger whine instead of the deep throaty Potato-potato-potato idle we all love. The money you would spend supercharging it would be better spent (IMHO) on more cost effective items that would trick your scooter way out and give you all the piss and vinegar you want, and THEN some :tour :wonderlan