PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone who can make this for me

damoru
12th December 2010, 03:36
Hi, guys.

I'm looking for someone who can make or transform a rear fender. I'd like something like that:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n306/exgratiaiii/7bb176fe.jpg

That is, A three swingarm fixing points fender.

I live in Spain. There isn't many people able to do that kind of things. But I always get surprised when I see your abilities to achieve this in the back of your houses (you got the tools, you got the knowledge, you got the place, you got the time). So, if you, or anyone you know, can make this for me, please contact me. Reward: a bunch of fresh euros (ehm... Dollars! Hehehe).

sportsterpaul
16th December 2010, 11:41
The fender you could shorten yourself or leave it as is... should be able to pick up some steel round stock locally, heat it up clamp it and play with your bends. Flatten the ends,drill for a bolt, run it from inside the fender and put an acorn nut on it. Anyhow, I'm sure there are others way better qualified than me that will answer soon. Best wishes for the Holiday season.

tich
16th December 2010, 11:54
Try a local Artist- Blacksmith. So long as they do more than gates it should be in thair skill set.
If you make card bourd templates for them to follow and acurate drawings it should keap the price down.

jharback
16th December 2010, 12:01
Try a local Artist- Blacksmith. So long as they do more than gates it should be in thair skill set.
If you make card bourd templates for them to follow and acurate drawings it should keap the price down.

This is probably a pretty good idea. Go to someone who builds the large gates for private property's, or that builds the security bars for homes, or wrought iron fences. A good one could knock this out pretty easily.

asasial
16th December 2010, 12:06
looks like it's just round bar with some bosses welded on the ends to put the bolts through. wouldn't be hard to make at all even a novice could pull it off without to much trouble, just takes time and patience.

asasial
16th December 2010, 12:17
as far as tools, you could do this with,
angle grinder
small propane torch like plumbers use would be slow heating up but will work
bench vise
a small welder (you could take it to someone to have it welded together)
really the hardest part of doing things like that is symmetry, making sure one side matches the other. Just take your time and look at what your doing, from every angle, it sucks when you finish something just to realize a day or two later that it's off.