PDA

View Full Version : Forcewinder air filter

m-a-r-k
21st December 2004, 18:35
Just thought i would pick your brains quickly.
I have a '99 883 with seII pipes se airfilter and jet kit. Now my question is, if i fit a forcewinder airfilter kit to the bike as i would be replacing a K&N with another K&N would i need to change carb jetting at all?
I have no idea about carb jtting it's one of the things i've never had to fiddle with before repuilt carbs plenty of times but never changed the jetting, i'm wandering from the point now but any help/tips/guarnteed this is what you need to do idiot proof instructions appreciated.

twinsporty
21st December 2004, 18:47
I don't suspect the forcewinder flows any better than the SE, so you should not have to rejet. That being said the best way to ensure that you have the carb tuned right is on a dyno.

By the way welcome to the forum.

wabiker
21st December 2004, 19:00
....shouldnt make much difference from what Ive read.

gwcrim
21st December 2004, 19:32
You should be OK on the jetting. The stock a/c is a POS. Once you get rid of it, all the aftermarket replacements flow more than enough.

xllent01
21st December 2004, 22:40
Just thought i would pick your brains quickly.
I have a '99 883 with seII pipes se airfilter and jet kit. Now my question is, if i fit a forcewinder airfilter kit to the bike as i would be replacing a K&N with another K&N would i need to change carb jetting at all?
I have no idea about carb jtting it's one of the things i've never had to fiddle with before repuilt carbs plenty of times but never changed the jetting, i'm wandering from the point now but any help/tips/guarnteed this is what you need to do idiot proof instructions appreciated.

When you change the SE AC to a Forcewinder AC you will
have to rejet. This switch will cause a lean condition and the
bike will pop and spit till corrected. I traded the SE AC
for the Forcewinder setup and the switch caused a lean condition
at sea level. Trying to post before and after dyno runs but my
scanner took a cr*p. Will try to post as soon as i get it fixed
to show the difference between the SE and the Force, and
on the dyno sheet you can see the lean condition at 2500
3800 rpms. :yikes