The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > Blogs > Big Al
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Notices

Members Birthdays
jenks60 (59), Hammer of God (53), billas 100th (50), sam19 (49), ivory hunter (46), cumnz (45), TJ Willy (41), SINdicated (35), XRavenX (32)
Foxcreek Leather
883 Sportster
Licks Holiday
Get Lowered

Foxcreek Leather
I will keep a carbon copy here of all my blog posts on my personal Cycle Blog @ http://mast3r7.blogspot.com/

XLForun.net only allows 4 pictures per blog post, so to see all of the images and details of posts, follow the links to http://mast3r7.blogspot.com/

I will write not only about what is going on with my current Sporty Project, but also about Lifestyle and HD ownership as well, enjoy.

-Big Al
Rate this Entry

Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!

Submit "Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!" to Facebook Submit "Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!" to Digg Submit "Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!" to del.icio.us Submit "Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lifestyle: Blast From The Past!" to Google
Posted 19th June 2010 at 15:50 by Big Al-1200c

Ok, so there I am, chatting with Pell at his shop (P & D Service of Louisville, Ky), when suddenly he grabs what seemed like a random back-issue of American Iron Magazine, opens it up to the back page and shows me the "Harley Memories" section, featuring the picture below of Morris Hockersmith and his 1938 80" Flathead.

I though the picture was great and the story behind it classic. After staring at it for a second, he said "you know what?, he was in the armed forces like you, and he bought that bike when he returned from the war, LIKE YOU."

-"Cool" I said, now staring at the picture and studying Morris, trying to travel through time to that place.
-"that's just down the road from here, Pope Lick Road", Pell said, while pointing down the road with one hand and lighting his cigarette with the other one. "I'll take you there and take your picture on the same corner, if you want to".

"Let's Do It", I said, thinking that just in a few minutes I was going to be standing on the same spot that Morris once did with his cool Flathead.

So I rode there, stood next to my bike and Pell took the picture. Some how, I don't look as "cool" as Morris did on his picture.

I propose we make that picture a tradition for our veterans returning from the combat theater, to ride there with their new bikes and leave their mark. I did.

-Big Al
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 966 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You post some interesting blogs!!
  2. Old Comment
    thanks, there has not been any new ones in a while, cause I had surgery on my left foot on april and have not saddled up since then... yeah, for some one that rides 6-7 days a week, it sucks!!!
  3. Old Comment
    Did not know about the surgery. Hope you heal quickly and can get back on the road. My job requires that I use my car at work, and I work 5 days a week, yet I still get over 1000 miles a month in. I get real antsy when I cannot ride. Sometimes the wife tells me to get out and go for a ride when she sees I'm getting restless.

Just don't do too much too fast. Your feet ain't nothing to be playin' with ... let it heal dude then post up some ride reports. Lots of us read these blogs even if we don't always comment on them.

Custom Search