The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > Blogs > towerhandjake
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
stevervp, philvet (71), outlawreb (59), rabes56 (58), Bigmatt (56), Beaker666 (50), hippiemwc (50), wumm883c (48), 2wheeltodd (47), israel (42), Stitch (37), Dekooy (31), Ameri-Deutsch (30)
Lowbrow Customs
Burly
Energy One Clutches
Lowbrow Customs

883 Sportster
Rate this Entry

New Job

Submit "New Job" to Facebook Submit "New Job" to Digg Submit "New Job" to del.icio.us Submit "New Job" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Job" to Google
Posted 9th April 2011 at 00:19 by towerhandjake

Been a busy couple of weeks! Took a new job due to some outstanding benefits that are being offered to me. Finally found my way out of south Florida after 6 months; went home for a few days to see my baby before I wound up in Evansville, IN for the new job orientation.

Then spent the next week just outside of Richmond, VA, to install a new FM antenna on a 1000' tower for WPZZ.

Now, tonite, I am in Heath, OH for the night and heading to Alabama via Indiana again. By the way, my new job includes a company truck.
Pro: I dont pay for fuel anymore.
Con:I have to leave my scooter at home. Damn.

I told myself I would keep up with my travels here...I'm gonna try my best!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1486 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Congratulations on your new job!! Travel, and your are doing something that sounds interesting to me ... so be sure to blog your adventures.

If you don't mind my asking, but does all this travel keep you from your family, are are you flying solo right now? Just curious. I've turned down more than one good opportunity because of the effect it would have had on my kids. They're all grown now, but now I don't see the opportunities I used to either.

But enough about me. Congratulations, and believe me I understand how benefits can be a motivator.
  2. Old Comment
    Actually, I do have a wife-to-be and we have a young boy together. I have been doing this travelling work for quite awhile now, so they are "used" to it (to use the term loosely).

The reason I took my new job is because I will be on a salary rate and am guaranteed to be home every four weeks for 7-10 days. My old job required me to be on the road for months at a time, and at an hourly rate I was having to count my money every day I was home.

Its hard on everyone to be away from my family, but its a career I chose early on and we are trying to make the most of it. Damned if I wouldn't quit tomorrow, if I could be home everyday with my boy, though!
    Posted 10th April 2011 at 04:30 by towerhandjake towerhandjake is offline

Custom Search