The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > Blogs > Baphomet
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Cadrien, boyett (64), gulp2000a (60), soulshaker (51), eddien (44), sfxtech (36), 61Comet (36), Rix (35)
DK Customs
Figure Machine
Foxcreek Leather
NRHS Performance Long 2

Superbrace
Rate this Entry

Humph, this sucks.

Submit "Humph, this sucks." to Facebook Submit "Humph, this sucks." to Digg Submit "Humph, this sucks." to del.icio.us Submit "Humph, this sucks." to StumbleUpon Submit "Humph, this sucks." to Google
Posted 25th August 2011 at 22:29 by Baphomet

"Usually a sensationalist local TV expose is easy to dismiss. However, we can even forgive Detroit TV station WJBK's use of rock songs as the Fox2 station showed Chrysler factory workers taking their half-hour shift break at a park, drinking beer and smoking marijuana before finishing their work day. The Jefferson North Plant in Detroit is one of Chrysler's flagships, manufacturing the new Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's also the factory President Obama visited a few weeks ago to praise American manufacturing."

"It's the same plant where President Obama stood in July, praising Chrysler auto workers and saying "I would bet on the American worker any day of the week." The local TV station said it began following the workers just five days after Obama's visit. Chrysler went through a government-led bankruptcy in 2009 and took $10.8 billion from the federal government. "The fact that we're standing in this magnificent factory today is a testament to the decision we made," said Obama in July."

"The video really does speak for itself, but the reporter summarizes why this is so egregious: The metro Detroit economy is on the path back from the abyss, and part of that recovery is to overcome the stereotypes of union workers that are reinforced in this video."

"The Fox2 news crew went to the park for 10 days, and there were autoworkers drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana every day. Chrysler representatives said that many of the employees in the video have already been suspended indefinitely without pay and each vehicle built at the factory is checked multiple times to make sure there are no quality issues before they go on sale. We doubt, however, that those words will make any Jeep Grand Cherokee owners feel any better after watching this video."

Suspended? More like "off work until the smoke clears." Unions are synonymous with organized crime ... enforcing protection of members through extortion. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Makes me proud to be a Toyota owner.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1297 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    13 of these guys were fired, the UAW didnt contest the firings. And 13 guys out of 1100 employes aint as bad as the report makes it look like. And I would bet a paycheck that there are 1% of the workforce under the influence of some sort of substance in every plant manufacturing anything in any country.
  2. Old Comment
    I guess it is a matter of perspective. For instance where I work there's about 150 employees and I would absolutely be floored to learn even one of them got high during work hours. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it is very unlikely where I work (Toshiba America). Of course we have a strictly enforced zero tolerance policy.

My eldest son recently had a dirty urine in a random drug test where he works. They gave him a choice between substance abuse counseling or termination. He chose the counseling of course ... then got fired two weeks later for mislabeling some products. He was probably high, but he denies it. He has a new job now across the street from his old one!

1 percent sounds low on paper, but that is still to high in a factory where product safety is paramount. 0 percent is the only acceptable number in my opinion ... and that is not unreasonable.
  3. Old Comment
    Its hard to blame big companies for sending business over seas when you have jackasses like this working here. The same ones that would cry and bitch and moan if even the slightest cut was made to their pay or benefits or retirement plans. I have worked too many jobs in plants that are the backbone of this country where 50-60% or more of the employees were on something at work every day. I love how they get messed up at work and drive nice trucks and mustangs while i bust my ass and hold my vehicles together with duct tape!
    Posted 22nd October 2011 at 18:40 by ghettosled

Custom Search