The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 3  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > Blogs > Baphomet
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Hammer Performance
Get Lowered
Foxcreek Leather
Foxcreek Leather

Lowbrow Customs
Rate this Entry

Rant in a box.

Submit "Rant in a box." to Facebook Submit "Rant in a box." to Digg Submit "Rant in a box." to del.icio.us Submit "Rant in a box." to StumbleUpon Submit "Rant in a box." to Google
Posted 26th November 2011 at 19:18 by Baphomet

Over the years I have discovered that certain events will trigger a lengthy tirade from me on how I perceive the situation or event. An example might be looking for some nail clippers and going on at length how every time I need a pair of nail clippers I have to go buy a pair because no body in the household has the good sense to put things back where they belong. Or maybe someone will leave a voice mail and not tell me WHY they called and I will launch into a 30 minute discourse on how people don't know how to use the technology provided for them.

It seems like I have a rant for just about every occasion. It has reached the point that people that know me are sick of hearing my rants. So to save me the trouble of voicing the same old rants over and over I devised a plan that will put an end to it all.

I have titled each rant. For instance the rant about putting things back where they belong I now call my "Nail Clipper Rant". So now instead of doing all that bitching and griping I just say, "I'm applying the Nail Clipper Rant here" and the people who are sick of hearing it know EXACTLY what I'm Not saying. Pretty ingenious ain't it? This way I don't have to waste my breath and the listener doesn't have to hear it. Of course I could just keep my mouth shut and get the same result, but then I lose the opportunity to make a jackass out of myself.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 838 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well you could buy 2 pairs of clippers. One for everyone else and yours. Seems to me you're sweating the small stuff. If people can't leave a message I could care less about the missed call. I'm in touch with the important people regularly anyway.

Rant on if you so choose...................but I agree it's most unpleasant for the listener.

Good plan hope it works.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sportyblue View Comment

Rant on if you so choose...................but I agree it's most unpleasant for the listener.

Good plan hope it works.
    Ah, good to see you caught my point. I'm sure I sweat the small stuff more than I should, but what I NEED to do is quit bitching about everything. The idea of compacting my rants in condensed fashion is a metaphor really. If I can reduce my bitching down to a sentence, then perhaps keeping my mouth shut won't be so difficult.
  3. Old Comment
    While going down the same path a few years ago...

I decided the following:

It only makes a major difference if you have rank and are in the military. Other than that, a waste of energy.

Be as young and stupid as possible as often as possible..

All it is is mind over matter, I don't mind and it don't matter.

Good luck to you
  4. Old Comment
    Thanks renegade, I'm gettin' there.

Custom Search