The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA MOTORS  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > Blogs > Baphomet
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
motobraz, dwr302, xlchjoe (60), rider31 (54), Viper (42), KJcrownRRdriver (42), krafty (38), EezyE (37), SmokeyXL (34)
NHRS Performance
Speedway Instruments
Energy One Clutches
Zippers Performance

Bison Motorsports
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Sometimes people impress me.

Submit "Sometimes people impress me." to Facebook Submit "Sometimes people impress me." to Digg Submit "Sometimes people impress me." to del.icio.us Submit "Sometimes people impress me." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sometimes people impress me." to Google
Posted 24th June 2012 at 01:41 by Baphomet

I don't get very many comments on my bike when I'm out and about. I attribute that partly because I don't hang out where other bikers congregate. I don't go to bars or clubs, and I don't do group rides. Nothing wrong with that stuff, just not my thing.

Anyway, today I went to see my son who works at Starbucks. I got there just as he was taking his break and we had a nice time just chillin' and chattin'. So I got to leave when out in the parking lot an unassuming looking guy points to my bike and ask if it was mine.

I said sure, and he asked if it was still and 883. I told him that I converted it to a 1200. Then he proceeded to comment on just about every detail of the bike that I had modified or added on. I was impressed because not only were all his comments spot on, but he told me a lot of crap about my own bike that I didn't even know. I asked him if he rode a Sportster. He told me no, that he had a soft-tail but he always like the Sportsters.

We shook hands and parted ways, but I left with a really good feeling. It was nice to meet someone random like that who knew what they were talking about. Most people who comment on my bike are so naive they have to ask what kind of bike it is.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1932 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nice blog.
  2. Old Comment
    Great blog post.
  3. Old Comment
    thanks for sharing
  4. Old Comment
    cool story! glad to hear that im not the only one that doesnt care for the bar scene or group rides
  5. Old Comment
    As you can imagine, being a girl I get comments everywhere I go, and most of them are idiots. I like your story, it sounds like a great encounter. I also steer clear of the bar scene and the only group ride I've ever been on was with XLFers. It was good, but I generally steer clear of groups also. (For riding, when socializing, I jump right into the crowd, haha)

Custom Search