The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM®

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum - The XLFORUM® > Blogs > Angell57
XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Main Menu
Rate this Entry

Lovin it

Submit "Lovin it" to Facebook Submit "Lovin it" to Digg Submit "Lovin it" to del.icio.us Submit "Lovin it" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lovin it" to Google
Posted 2nd March 2014 at 16:04 by Angell57

I bought my bike last summer. I havent owned a bike since I was about 20...and that has been quite a few years ago now as I just turned 57! Anyway when I bought this bike it wasnt running. I had seen it run. The PO was a mechanic I worked with at one time and he needed money and really didnt want to mess with the bike. I threw a few parts at it and got it running only to discover that oil was pouring out from the top of the motor. Having no experience with these bikes I went to the internet and thats when I came across this site. It has been a life saver. So far any problem I've had someone on here has had an answer for. I finally found the leak...the PO, you know, the "mechanic", had taken the starter out and never put a gasket on it when he put it back together. BRILLIANT! I rode it for about 2 months and totally fell in love ! Took my last ride in Dec. and then tore it completeley apart for a total rebuild. I now have all the parts and am starting on puttin her back together. Spring is coming fast and I dont want to miss a day of riding!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2316 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Sponsored Links