View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2012
outside the box racing

bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future
Default timing procedure question

i have looked all over and cannot find any specifics regarding timing procedures.

i could make a phone call and waste someone's time solely for my own benefit... or ask here where you can't throw a rock without hitting someone who knows..

i think i understand that there is a run up of x number of miles and then x number of timed miles then x number of shut down miles.

i think i understand that your speed has to be time over a full mile, i.e. if you turn out after 1/4 mile of timing, no slip.

does that mean that you only need to complete 1 timed mile and the rest are optional? or must you complete the course?

if you complete more than one timed mile, is the highest or last speed recorded?

i am sure for you 200mph guys that 3 miles of time goes by faster than you want it to but what if a bike is wound all the way out after the first mile and no point in abusing it any more?

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current