View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008
Brass Nut

Folkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond reputeFolkie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fixing Brass Points Covers

The brass points covers from Extreme Custom Engraving are great:

But I don't think they look right with stainless steel screws holding them on. Brass covers need brass screws! But what screws to use? You can't get brass socket (allen) countersunk screws (that I know of), and philips or slotted screws don't look right (IMO), as well as being an invitation to someone to unscrew the cover and steal it.

After much searching I found R J Leahy, who have these 'spanner screws':

(clickety click)

No doubt there are other places that sell them, but this is the only internet source I've found that sell small quantites to the general public.

Here's my brass points cover with these screws:

I fitted that quite some time ago, but I've just been dealing with R J Leahy again to get some screws for my impending brass(ish) derby cover.

They are really nice people to deal with, and if anyone wants screws like these I'd suggest you give them a try.

There is nothing at the end of any road better than may be found beside it. Edward Thomas (1878 - 1917)

Last edited by Folkie; 1 Week Ago at 18:56.. Reason: Fixed pics