View Single Post
Old 18th June 2012
Chief Master Mechanic

T^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to allT^2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch08 View Post
Yeah, I agree it still needs some more time in phase 1 before I start making changes in phase 2... I was just curious on how I had to set things up when I am ready to start making changes. I'm also very curious to "see" how things are moving along.. haha...

Before I get too serious, I'll switch my AFR table back to the 14.6's and try a few more logs.

Heres the 02 plot, with TPxRPMxO2:

BTW that was a pretty short log, probably only 10-15mins of riding.
That looks more like it. I would limit you Y Axis (RpmPV) to ~ 4200 in MLV. It should have already been set to that in WB PowerVision.settings file. Not much data above that point. Reducing the max to 4200 will spread the plot out so it can be seen better.

Most folks - if memory serves - were logging anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. Log file sizes were in the range of 10Mb. Try to cover as much of the operating range as possible. Also, you are following the other various tips and recommendations (ie. waiting until the the engine is up to normal operating temps before logging etc.)?

How many actual good/valid logging sessions have you done so far? 3 or 4? Others - when they were doing it manually (did not have the luxury of a functioning Calc Tune) - did a lot of logging sessions and manual adjustments of the VE tables before they got dialed in. I'd at least do a few more "good" sessions and see if Calc Tune is able to make any further worthwhile improvements in your results.

You are saving your tune files for each session so that you can revert back to a previous file if necessary?