View Single Post
Old 14th May 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

ryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant futureryder rick has a brilliant future

Why do riders feel the need to defend the fact that they have chosen to run an part on their bike that leaves copious amounts of power on the table and causes tuning problems? It's OK that you have made that choice.
Your choice is your choice, there is no need to defend that choice.
At the same time it is NOT good etiquette to try and tell someone that something that is not the best is OK!
What is good for you, may not be good for them.
So you are in fact giving bad advice.
Give the person all the information and let them make their choice.

It's a known and documented fact that open pipes are not the best choice for the street.

I HATE OPEN EXHAUST! As a professed tuner open exhaust makes me look bad, because I can't always tune around it.

Put what ever you want on your bike, if you have problems be prepared to bite the bullet. And whatever you do, don't blame your tuner when you go against advice.