The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum S&S Cycle  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Gear - Helmets, Clothing and what not This area is for discussing riding gear such as helmet, boots, clothing, etc

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
Motor Stage
Energy One Clutches
883 Sportster
Fix My Hog

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Other Motorcycle Model: HD FLHX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Monstermile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone try "The Best MC Glasses"??

Just wondering if anyone has given these a try.

www.thebestmcglasses.com

They are a sponsor on another forum and get alot of praise. But getting an answer on that forum to anything is next to impossible. If anyone has which ones are the best for night riding?? The clear or amber. I have a pair similar that are a slightly mirrored clear but they are still a little dark for me. I have astigmatisim so night riding is already difficult enough. Which is why I currently try to avoid it.
Old 30th July 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Deicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura aboutDeicer18 has a spectacular aura about

I have the clear for night and mirrored for days. Couldn't be happier .

Worth the money. Good fit.
Old 30th July 2005
Assistant Administrator

Sportster/Buell Model: 1212 conversion/497 cams
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
xena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond reputexena has a reputation beyond repute

I got a package of two pair one smoked, one clear on ebay for 24.95 shipped.

XLF Rules/Guidelines

XLF Guidelines II
*¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ (¸.•*´¯`*•--->Xena
1212 Conversion 10:1 CR
SE 497 Cams
Python 3 Slip ons
TC88A running Xena's Black Panther Map

My 1212 Conversion Thread
XL Forum Members Map

Last edited by xena; 1st June 2006 at 00:13..
Old 23rd August 2005
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
BonRu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xena
I got a package of two pair one smoked, one clear on ebay for 24.95 shipped.
The ones I got are like these except my frames are black.
Hey Michele, I see that Preach says they hurt his temples. I have a little bitty head, but every pair of glasses I wear with my helmet seem to cause me to have headaches, right on that muscle to the back and above my ears (as the helmet keeps them pressed against my head). Do you ever have this problem with any glasses you've worn? Anyone else? If so, have you found a pair that don't cause this?
Old 30th July 2005
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1199 (1200 Conv.)
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XR1200X
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2011
Preacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the roughPreacher is a jewel in the rough

I got a pair and they are pretty good. Keep most of the air out of your eyes... probably as good as you can get without going to goggles....

The only downside is that they aren't made for fatheads like me so they are a bit tighter on the temples than I like.
Bastard by birth, Bastard by nature.
Know Thy Hog

Old 30th July 2005
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
creep has disabled reputation

I have a pair with the clear lens and I am very disappointed. They fit good and the gasket keeps most of the wind out which is good. But the downside to these glasses is the quality. After less than two hundred miles of use I noticed that a film around the outside frame is peeling off and one of the hinges is cracked. The hinge break is due to poor quality. I've never dropped the glasses and my head isn't that big, I wear a medium in most helmets.
Old 30th July 2005
Greasemonkey

Monstermile,

The glasses that Xena pointed out are a different brand. I got my glasses from the website you posted.
Old 30th July 2005
Chief Harley Engineer

Other Motorcycle Model: HD FLHX
Other Motorcycle Year: 2006
Monstermile is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm. Wonder if you just got a bad pair. Kinda makes me leary of them now anyway. The pair I have I bought at a local apperal shop and I have had them over a year now. Only paid ten bucks and they are still holding up. I might just go pick up another pair of those in the regular clear.
Old 30th July 2005
Greasemonkey

I would waste another $15 on them. Try Wiley X (brand), they have lots of different styles with padding. I bought a pair of brand new pair Wiley X SG-1 glasses with two sets of lens (tinted/clear) on ebay for $30 shipped. I can't give a review yet but I've heard good things about them.
Old 31st July 2005
Biker

Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Softail-Customized
Other Motorcycle Year: 1993
tekman is on a distinguished roadtekman is on a distinguished road

hey Guys I'm the owner of thebestMCglasses.com / biker-glasses.com --I notice a refer link in my web site stats, so I thought I'd register and pitch in and answer some questions.

in regard to the night riding glasses --lens color is a preference. If you do not live in a City I'd suggest the Amber lens glasses as they brighten up any light from a car, etc. I live in NYC so I ride with the clears since we have street lights everywhere, but again, it's preference.

regards to Creep: you must have gotten a bad pair, which I'm sorry for. I've personally been riding with the same pair of the glasses that *I* sell for the last 2 1/2 years, and I've had NO peeling, and no breakage. On my website I state that I do not accept returns, but if let me know you're having a problem, more than likely I will work something out with you. I never received a email from you or anyone else about a hinge problem --I *have* heard of the peeling problem, and it must have been a bad batch that I received and I have replaced some glasses with new ones for the guys who have let me know. CREEP--If you send the pair of glasses back I will replace them with a new pair for you (feel free to PM or email me and we'll take care of this!).

Just a note to everyone --this isn't my main business, I started this to pass along good deals to fellow bikers, because behind everything, I'm a biker like you guys, who was ready to buy wileyX or Panoptix and couldn't see spending $100+ on glasses. You can read about me on a lot of the Harley forums --I try to respond ASAP to any emails I receive and work with you to best way possible. I'm here moreso to help out, not make a ton of money. I offer alot of specials on different forums. So if you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Last edited by tekman; 31st July 2005 at 00:11..
Know Thy Hog