The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Foxcreek Leather  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE & BUELL MOTORCYCLE FORUM - GENERAL DISCUSSION > DYNO Charts and Result
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

DYNO Charts and Result Post your dyno charts and results here.

Members Birthdays
RYCA Motors
Motor Stage
Speedway Instruments
Motor Stage

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wedge's Dyno Chart from 3 16 2012

Pretty Damn Good Stage I !

Run 4 was with the SE Module and Run 7 was with a TC88A (Jester III Map)

Just says how good Pete can tune and the SE module aint that bad !

Heres what I know about the Beast

CV40 Carb with Dynojet goodies
Stock Headers with SE slip ons
Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner I think
NGK DCPR7E spark plugs
Daytona TC88A with the Rico Jester III™ Map

2006 Sportster XL1200C
Mikuni HSR 45
Jetted 27.5 slow,172.5 Main
97 Needle,Clip posistion 3
Hurricane Flow 3" offset AC,Rocketman Mod
Daytona Twin Tec TC88A,Rico Nomad Map
Sumax Thundervolt plug wires,NGK DCPR8EIX spark plugs. Gapped .040 and Indexed
Cycle Electric Stator and Regulator
Alto Carbonite Clutch
Royal Purple 20W50 MC Primary oil
Patriot Defender Pipe
Royal Purple 20W50 MC oil
Wix 57148 oil filter
Max Power, 79.17
Max Torque, 75.98

Last edited by rocketmangb; 17th March 2012 at 03:21..
Old 17th March 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

you should add wedge's specs to bring it into context.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Old 17th March 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpusher View Post
you should add wedge's specs to bring it into context.
Looks like he got it right, and I can add some details.

Thunderslide kit with the thunderslide spring, 170 main jet, 45 pilot, DNO889 needle with clip in 2nd groove from bottom, DET001 emulsion tube. Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Python slip on's. NGK DCPR7E plugs. TC88a with Jester III map by Rico, downloaded by Rocketman George.

Bike has almost 49,000 miles on it, and a leaking head gasket in the front jug.

The only dyno this bike has been on until today is my ass, so I'm very happy.

The TC88a with the JesterIII map are way better than the SE ignition because now all the detonation is gone (and I really overworked it trying to get it to detonate too). Also this thing pulls strong from Zero RPM all the way up weather you feed the throttle slow, or crack it wide open. AND finally my speedo is accurate again (The SE is a problem that Harley can't fix, and it throws the speedo off by 9 mph at freeway speed).

This thing rips... Thanks Rico for the fine map, Thanks George for finding the TC88 at a decent price and downloading the map, and Thanks Brad Urban for teaching me to read plugs.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 17th March 2012
JESTER MAFIA WEST

Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: 48 "Totalled" By a Douche
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
rocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond reputerocketmangb has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say that Wedges bike put up some damn fine numbers on the Dyno and there are not too many bikes here that are real Stage I's will pull those numbers

I was there and it was no HERO pull !

Dyno guy made 8 pulls

4 with the SE module and 4 with the TC88A
Old 17th March 2012
Whitworth Products

wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

George, the ride home was cool. I mean sure it was cold too, but cool for sure. This thing pulls great everywhere. I can't find a flaw anywhere in the power band, ane even below the power band. I can't get it to detonate at all, and as the chart shows, there is no difference in power from the SE that was pinging like a bad dog and the Rico map that doesn't seem to know how to ping. I just can't wipe this stupid grin off my face.

I owe you big time.
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th March 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Year: 05
CBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud ofCBAS5 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I gotta say that Wedges bike put up some damn fine numbers on the Dyno and there are not too many bikes here that are real Stage I's will pull those numbers
What is nice is those are typical Stage 1 numbers, but the bike has 49,000 miles on it. So with that many miles it still looks to be running practically brand new.

As for the head gasket leak. Are you taking about a real leak of the gasket where you can feel air blowing out and loosing compression or are you talking about it weeping/seeping oil? It can weep/seep oil and not be "leaking". Leaking for real would be a problem. Getting oil is an inconvience.
Old 17th March 2012
Whitworth Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAS5 View Post
What is nice is those are typical Stage 1 numbers, but the bike has 49,000 miles on it. So with that many miles it still looks to be running practically brand new.

As for the head gasket leak. Are you taking about a real leak of the gasket where you can feel air blowing out and loosing compression or are you talking about it weeping/seeping oil? It can weep/seep oil and not be "leaking". Leaking for real would be a problem. Getting oil is an inconvience.
Correct, it's just an oil leak (seep actually), and it has been leaking since I bought it in 08 with 8,000 miles on it. I was just pointing out that this bike is a daily rider that I don't baby at all, and I rarely ever wash it. I call it the pig, or the crate, depending on how I feel on any particular day...
Old 17th March 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

you are definitely maximizing the potential there. good job all of you.

i think the most salient aspect of this is the driveability. having a solid curve from stop is much more valuable for the daily driver than boasting crazy peak numbers. how often do any of us run it up to 7k and keep it there long enough to justify the pain of getting 'there'?

perseverence, maturity and clear sight of what you want really helps to get 'there' without giving up a firstborn.

again, good job to both of you.
Old 17th March 2012
Whitworth Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpusher View Post
you are definitely maximizing the potential there. good job all of you.

i think the most salient aspect of this is the driveability. having a solid curve from stop is much more valuable for the daily driver than boasting crazy peak numbers. how often do any of us run it up to 7k and keep it there long enough to justify the pain of getting 'there'?

perseverence, maturity and clear sight of what you want really helps to get 'there' without giving up a firstborn.

again, good job to both of you.
Thank you sir, but credit goes to Rico and Brad too. I expected to fall far short of this, and am just plain amazed that we did this good with never having been on a dyno before.
Old 17th March 2012
Whitworth Products

So, tell me guys, is that rich place just past 2,000 the squirter?
Know Thy Hog