The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum RYCA MOTORS  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Frame Mount EVO Sportster Talk (1986-2003 models)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Get Lowered
883 Sportster
Sky Smith Insurance
Fix My Hog

Biltwell

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute
Default I messed up and bought another TURBO

I know, I could not resist. I am now the proud owner of another Aerocharger with all the bits and all I need is a carb. Oh yes, I have a Mikuni and with all our new found TURBO friends I will finally get this right. JAson, calling on Jason. In about two weeks I will need to know haw to make this work. Can I just leave my N6 cams in or do they have to come out.
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 7th April 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883-NRHS1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Blacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura aboutBlacktooth Grin has a spectacular aura about

That's what I'm talking about. I was really pulling for you last time.

Zackleys
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

Lets got some conversation going here. I have been down this road before and failed at the finish line. Once again I have everything but the carb and that is where I failed. I have an S&S, Mik HSR42 and a CV on the table so lots of options. Now I am going to need to understand how to keep the fuel in the bowl. I have the Fuel pump and regulator from the kit this time so I suspect the Fuel pressure will be right. Next stop assembly.

Any idea which needle and seat I need for this HSR42 to keep the fuel from blowing over board. I know it is in my turbo thread from a few years ago but I can't find it.
Old 7th April 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 97
rabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enoughrabidchimp will become famous soon enough

I'm rootin' for ya again.
-Aaron
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

From what I understand of other's experiences I think aero had specialty needles, dunno how tough those are to find...

The cv I think would work great in a draw through system but dunno about blow through...may require a lot of work to make it work.

The s&s may actually be the simplest set up. May need to alter some thunder jets to get some tuning ability put of it but it may be the easiest carb to play with...

I'm excited to see you try again. How good a condition is the charger in? Is there anywhere to have it rebuilt should it need down the road?

Mobile messaging
Know Thy Hog

Old 7th April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW
Other Motorcycle Year: 1973
Motorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura aboutMotorhead52 has a spectacular aura about

as for the motor you need as low compression as you can find the cams maybe be ok but lower compression is the ticket

Maybe a Weisco kit for a 883 to 1200cc then 1200 Buell heads from a 1998

WHY?

If your compresser is 2 to 1 them compression if 8 to 1 = 112PSI becomes 16 to 1= 224 PSI

what fuel will you run?
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo XL Sidecar
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
JasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud ofJasonSarratt has much to be proud of

Thats all based on tuning and timing curves. CR is realitive to the tune. You can boost 9.7:1 CR with no porb with proper tuning. Theres cats overseas running 10:1 with boost too. Dropping CR into the 8's makes tuning less important to a degree cause you have some built in slop to work with though.
Old 7th April 2012
XL FORUM LIFE MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL50 0596 Black
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: E-Glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
Bob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to beholdBob F is a splendid one to behold

Hi Ralph, love your paint!!!

I'm days away from being 60 and I don't need a turbo. My scoot is making about 70hp and 70 pounds of torque (straight up and flat). This old man is very happy with the power my scoot makes. I'm using a drop in map and my mechanic isn't willing to Dyno tune it because he says "it runs really strong and I don't want to take your money". I'm sure I have some power available but I have to trust my mechanic.

2007 1200, Hurricane AC, Supertrapp and a PCIII/USB.

Sportys tend to keep getting faster the longer you own them.
Old 22nd April 2012
Senior Chief Know It All

MadMax25 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
Hi Ralph, love your paint!!!

I'm days away from being 60 and I don't need a turbo. My scoot is making about 70hp and 70 pounds of torque (straight up and flat). This old man is very happy with the power my scoot makes. I'm using a drop in map and my mechanic isn't willing to Dyno tune it because he says "it runs really strong and I don't want to take your money". I'm sure I have some power available but I have to trust my mechanic.

2007 1200, Hurricane AC, Supertrapp and a PCIII/USB.

Something wrong with that dyno chart.
The torque and HP curves always cross
at an RPM of 5252, not 5500.
Old 8th April 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Bob, I have been after 100+ horsepower for ever. I will have 120 if all goes well and if it just does it once I will be happy. My bike is bade to run and I am going to make it do it. I already make over 80 but 100+ is the goal and it will be achieved.
Know Thy Hog